Forum Index Support Gem Feedback Cast on Death

History

Hi Mark

Why can't this gem simply be nerfed a bit to allow its usage on minions? Is it to powerful for minions?

COD is the kind of buff MI needs for summoners to think its a viable keystone.

cheers

Finkenstein
Jan 22, 2015 20:42:55 PM

I'm not sure how creating a Minion when you die could be a buff to Minion Instability. That, after all, is what linking Cast on Death to a Minion skill would do. If you want Minions to explode in Ice Nova, that'd have to be something fundamentally different from Cast on Death.

Vipermagi
Jan 23, 2015 03:32:16 AM

cool for portal, anything else, you should probably change your strategy since unfortunately suicide kills don't negate -10% xp

hence my biggest problem with this gem,

someone made this the same time they were also pooping their pants.

or... well, realized tp after you die is really neat.

not sure which.

dokgasm
Feb 02, 2015 23:08:51 PM

I still don't get whats the point of this?
According to the wiki in PvP skills supported by CoD do 75% less damage.

So is it just a skill for fun? A pure portal thrower? Don't get it.

SuperMotte
May 03, 2015 16:20:46 PM

it might not be a replacement fact, as it doesn't scale, thus damage boost is as follows:
cast on death' (lv 20 is +304% more damage so...) 4.04 * 0.25 (from 1-0.75) = 1.01 multiplier

sad but when there's a build/tactic/plan/setup that can kill anything via dying... imagine nerfing that so that it can only kill unique and rare mobs instead of bosses =p, thats pvp's thinking.

soul4hdwn
May 03, 2015 19:25:20 PM

my ideas maybe were already posted sometimes but anyway.

idea 1:
make it work while equipped in the second weapon slot;
the game in it's state is kinda useless atm and that way you could use it without the drawback of using an otherwise good slot in the gear.
it could be used for opening a portal or revenge killing the enemy the mob that got you.

idea 2:
completley change the gem and make it so that after you died you get a few seconds or something like that fighting as a ghost, giving you a chance to kill the mob that got you. maybe that would be op, but since dying already has a huge drawback with the 10% ep loss it could at least give you the satisfaction to take some enemies with you or finishing the boss that otherwise would have survived with 1%

golli123
Jun 27, 2015 02:06:59 AM

Question : Does Cast on Death work with Spell echo ?

Achilion
Nov 06, 2016 19:08:46 PM

"
Achilion wrote:
Question : Does Cast on Death work with Spell echo ?

Triggers cannot repeat, no.

Vipermagi
Nov 07, 2016 00:45:34 AM
  • Prev