Forum Index Off Topic :;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

History

"
Manocean wrote:
i know weebs hate naruto

but...

I watched the original when I was younger, started Shippuden a week ago

I like it, but it has the same problem, not a bad problem but.

Like the intro, the credits, the flashback to the last episode and the preview of the next episode take up like 10 minutes of the 23 minute episode.

The fillers killed it for me, all 100 odd before shippuden, then when i started watching shippuden they started almost straight away with fillers....fuck that shit, other than the last fight i skipped all of it, just read the manga.

lagwin1980
Apr 09, 2017 23:20:33 PM

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
yesterday i watched 1st episode Attack on Titans 2nd season, it was awesome

second episode coming "soon"

Just watched Alice to Zouroku, i want to see where this will go even though the first ep was lack lustre...i somehow get the feeling that it might somehow manage to pull something out of the bag.

And the latest episode of little witch was quite good...need moar

Alice to Zouroku surprised me. It's kinda cool. And Otsuka playing the mysterious curmudgeon works for me. I'm getting Elfen Lied vibes.

Super fucking dodgy cg though!

鬼殺し
Apr 10, 2017 00:35:24 AM

The only anime I like is Inuyasha, Dragon Ball Z, and the old Akira movie. Does that mean I am not permitted to join your weeb party?

Wraeclastian
Apr 10, 2017 04:44:15 AM

"
Wraeclastian wrote:
The only anime I like is Inuyasha, Dragon Ball Z, and the old Akira movie. Does that mean I am not permitted to join your weeb party?

Why would you not be permitted to be here? You named 3 perfectly fine anime there...
If you want to try one of the newer series, then I'd recommend comedy shows. One punch man or nichijou are good ones.

FCK42
Apr 10, 2017 08:16:14 AM

"
Wraeclastian wrote:

Super long shonen anime are unethical normie tier. Only obscure OVAs like Cossette no Shouzou are allowed.

Xavderion
Apr 10, 2017 11:06:34 AM

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"

it's going to be impopular but I think Attack on Titan is very boring and rather disappointing.

Everyone was talking about it as if it was a masterpiece the best anime of the decade... when I watched it I thought it was just an average flick.

diablofdb
Apr 10, 2017 14:10:18 PM

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"

it's going to be impopular but I think Attack on Titan is very boring and rather disappointing.

Everyone was talking about it as if it was a masterpiece the best anime of the decade... when I watched it I thought it was just an average flick.

Bu... but... fancy animations! Flashbacks! Titans!

FCK42
Apr 10, 2017 14:20:47 PM

"
FCK42 wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

Bu... but... fancy animations! Flashbacks! Titans!

xD I get hated every time I dare saying that but... I get it, the first like 2 maybe 3 episode were amazing, but beyond that is started stalling. And there was those 9 or 10 episode when they wanted to make a mission outer walls. An entire episode about, making the plan, then another episode that is a flashback about why they made that, then another on when they execute the plan while explaining. You're like 6 episodes in that arc and nothing happen it's so damn bad.

I watched another series during the same time, that is called Kanaberi of the iron fortress. It's same style, same themes. Apocalyspe stuff with zombie like creature that eat people. But it's way better. There is only one season out of 13 episodes and they managed to tell 3 time more history and character developpment than attack of titan. Way better.

diablofdb
Apr 10, 2017 14:26:08 PM

"
diablofdb wrote:
I watched another series during the same time, that is called Kanaberi of the iron fortress.

It's from the same studio, I enjoyed it a lot. However, imo the plot in the second half of the show is... lackluster. Also, there is unfortunately not too much character development for our secondary main character or side characters. Which is a shame.

FCK42
Apr 10, 2017 14:31:56 PM

Dragon Ball Super continues to display a depth and ambiguity far beyond anything else the franchise has offered. Shame about the shitty animation. Clearly saving budget for the incoming big brawl.

If you're familiar with sengoku jidai events and characters, Sengoku Choju Giga is a hoot. 5 mins a week.

Just started World Fool News. It's so fucking Japanese but not entirely impenetrable to Westerners, as I find stuff like Osomatsukun or Sazaesan.

Off to see A Silent Voice at the cinemas tomorrow. I hear it's an epic tearjerker. We'll see if it can leave me a wreck as both Grave of the Fireflies and Only Yesterday did...

鬼殺し
Apr 10, 2017 14:34:03 PM
  • Prev
  • Next