Forum Index Off Topic TWO WORLDS AND DRAGKENSANG

History

Can anyone enlighten me on whether I should put money towards one of these games?

wingk
Feb 03, 2011 03:35:20 AM

Drakensang is a very good rpg i think. If you like games as Baldurs Gate or Neverwinter Nights (both with the d&d rule set) you will definetly like drakensang. Drakensang has a very similar rule set which is called The Dark Eye (or "Das Schwarze Auge" in german) so the games have comparable gameplay. The graphic of drakensang is really good too.

I haven't played two worlds so i can't commend on that one.

Rhesos
Feb 03, 2011 10:39:32 AM

the new two worlds 2 is one of the best games 2010. the alchemie element is one of the best(you can paint and create own gears)! its a really cool game but its more like a arpg

innoruuk
Feb 03, 2011 15:25:50 PM

"
innoruuk wrote:
the new two worlds 2 is one of the best games 2010. the alchemie element is one of the best(you can paint and create own gears)! its a really cool game but its more like a arpg

I am Multiplayer Admin in both Two Worlds 1 and 2 (any who play should recognize my name),
I have played TW1 since beta in 2007, And TW2 since its beta, and have to say, They are both spectacular games.
TW1 upon release was "garbage" but after the 1.07b patch was released it became pretty polished.

TW2 prior to the Pirates expansion became boring in multiplayer. However the expansion added some new life into the game.

And yes, I would classify it as ARPG.

Oct 26, 2011 23:48:22 PM

No offense to anyone, but two worlds is absolute crap.

Its basically a cheesy version of fable, minus the depth (sad when compared to fable) minus the humor, minus the graphics/animations, minus the fun.

DarkWestern
Oct 27, 2011 21:29:06 PM

I didn't like drakensang at all. Was very slow paced for me, and they make you reallllllllly need the cash shop later on =\

Seronic
Oct 27, 2011 22:13:48 PM

Two worlds 2 is great. Try it out. Never tried the multiplayer though (the ping was crazy high for me)

Russell
Oct 27, 2011 23:21:14 PM

drakensang is pretty cool but gets heaps retorical as once you get lvl 20+ there is huge quest gaps so you just gotta keep grinding on mobs. Apparently they are working on this but who knows when it will be fixed.

They have recently added capture the flag to the pvp wich is pretty cool. Major problem tho is if you dont pay cash you lose in pvp as health pots rarely drop and vendors only sell them for real cash, also people that pay put gems over everything as they rarely drop either. If you want to do mini dungeons or have the glory to teleport places you must pay real cash for those aswell.

Also you cant trade or heal as they know you will stop spending cash on potions and equip.

So in my opinion if you wanna PvP dont play unless you got the cash, but not to bad as a dungeon crawler.

Hope this helps :)

crunchball
Oct 27, 2011 23:36:06 PM

"
DarkWestern wrote:
No offense to anyone, but two worlds is absolute crap.

Its basically a cheesy version of fable, minus the depth (sad when compared to fable) minus the humor, minus the graphics/animations, minus the fun.

"
Russell wrote:
Two worlds 2 is great. Try it out. Never tried the multiplayer though (the ping was crazy high for me)

I will say this, I never played Two Worlds 2 though.
Could be good, thought we were talking about the first one.

DarkWestern
Oct 29, 2011 00:16:43 AM

"
crunchball wrote:
drakensang is pretty cool but gets heaps retorical as once you get lvl 20+ there is huge quest gaps so you just gotta keep grinding on mobs. Apparently they are working on this but who knows when it will be fixed.

They have recently added capture the flag to the pvp wich is pretty cool. Major problem tho is if you dont pay cash you lose in pvp as health pots rarely drop and vendors only sell them for real cash, also people that pay put gems over everything as they rarely drop either. If you want to do mini dungeons or have the glory to teleport places you must pay real cash for those aswell.

Also you cant trade or heal as they know you will stop spending cash on potions and equip.

So in my opinion if you wanna PvP dont play unless you got the cash, but not to bad as a dungeon crawler.

Hope this helps :)

Are you sure you have the right game in mind?

The first game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakensang

The second game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakensang:_The_River_of_Time

Then there is a free to play online hack and slay that is called Drakensang Online just for marketing reasons but has nothing to do with the real games.

The both real Drakensang games are very deep "old school" rpgs, like the first Dragon Age (not the 2nd!) with a very deep atmosphere and european medieval inspired graphics. You are controlling a party of 4 persons, at the start of the game you create your main char and find many companion while playing. You can pause battles every time when needed and you can raise social skills.

Two Worlds 2 has more action but I don't like the story, and the game is a little bit repetitive, you get many side quests but the main quest is rather short. The spell system is nice - you can build your own spells.

Personally I would advice you to buy Drakensang The River of Time and Skyrim, between these two games there is no need for 2 World.

siis
Oct 30, 2011 08:29:24 AM
  • Next