Forum Index Off Topic LOKI

History

I just heard about this game called Loki that is apparently created by those that worked on diablo 1....has anyone played this game?

wingk
Jan 27, 2011 13:27:39 PM

i play it at the moment.. this arpg have a really good crafting option(17 materials and you can make own weapons, the materials can you combine with all equipments) the story is lame, and the maps always the same.. but its not bad. unique items are very rare but they looking great! if you play the game you have to download the stash on the official site. there are 6 different items types. the inventar is one of the best inventarsystem in arpgĀ“s

innoruuk
Jan 27, 2011 14:23:31 PM

I haven't played it but it seems to have gotten relatively mediocre reviews on the gaming sites.

tpapp157
Jan 27, 2011 14:45:31 PM

i would give it 8 out of 10 points

innoruuk
Jan 27, 2011 14:56:51 PM

It's not made by Diablo 1 developers.

This is really getting ridiculous. Lately every ARPG that's made by different studios has a reputation that it's made by Diablo developers.

Torchlight from Diablo developers (1 dev, 1 producer, 1 composer from 50+ Diablo team)

Battle of Immortals 2 from Diablo developers (None)

Loki from Diablo developers (None)

Diablo 3 from Diablo developers (three or four from the original team in 70+)

It's nice that PoE devs don't have that false reputation.

permaximum
Jan 27, 2011 15:30:54 PM

PoE is made by original players of the Diablo series :).

FruitLord
Jan 27, 2011 21:11:04 PM

"
FruitLord wrote:
PoE is made by original players of the Diablo series :).

Now that's a really nice definiton! :)

permaximum
Jan 27, 2011 22:44:08 PM

I played Loki from the very beginning but it was bugged as hell...
The developers supported it with some patches for a few months but a lot of promised features never made it to the game. Just one example: The online game was lagging as hell, you had to start the online games with a second program (the developers promised to add an ingame function which never made it in the game), in online games the game was only saved at some points and was open for cheats and exploits because of that, the loading times were just a joke (at least if you played online) and the game loaded after each area... and lots and lots and lots of other points!

Rhesos
Jan 27, 2011 23:03:22 PM

I've played it a couple hours. It gets boring really fast, due to the missing details and atmosphere...
You should try Titan Quest instead. For me it is the best "Diablo-Clone" around so far. And I think it is very well balanced, too. Lots of looting ^^

Edit: Ups, this was posted in January XD
You probably found out yourself already...

Forfeit
Aug 25, 2011 19:55:05 PM