Forum Index Support Gem Feedback Blind

History

"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Is it possible for blind to proc on that attack or not?

Well, for one it's important to note that Spark is not an Attack, but a Spell :P

Blind checks if Hits are made and then rolls the dice; it does not check if Damage is dealt.

Vipermagi
Jul 15, 2013 14:48:29 PM

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Is it possible for blind to proc on that attack or not?

Well, for one it's important to note that Spark is not an Attack, but a Spell :P

Blind checks if Hits are made and then rolls the dice; it does not check if Damage is dealt.

Thanks, I had read conflicting information about whether or not the hit had to deal damage to have a chance to blind.

C0Y0T3_SLY
Jul 18, 2013 19:49:52 PM

just wanted to say that blind is a great gem and is underrated.

with that said, I fee like quality is completely lackluster. the base duration is 4 secs and level 20 with zero quality boosts it up to 5 seconds. one extra second is no incentive to get the 20% quality at all, it's a very long time period in this game.

grepman
Jul 25, 2013 07:09:59 AM

Any update when Blind will proc on AoE such as Poison Cloud ?

Thanks

Michaelangel007
Aug 05, 2013 21:32:29 PM

"
Never. Blind is explicitly something which happens on hit. a Poison Cloud is degen, which never hits anything.

Mark_GGG
Aug 06, 2013 01:13:01 AM

"
grepman wrote:
just wanted to say that blind is a great gem and is underrated.

with that said, I fee like quality is completely lackluster. the base duration is 4 secs and level 20 with zero quality boosts it up to 5 seconds. one extra second is no incentive to get the 20% quality at all, it's a very long time period in this game.

You can't just think of it in that context alone.

Blind is 4 seconds base, level 20 gives 30% increased duration, and 20% quality gives 15% duration. Couple this with a 20/20 Increased duration for another 103% and you have almost 150% duration, or near 10 seconds. If you'd like it to last even longer, their are passives on the board that gives 15% duration per skill point, but I think even 1 full second of near melee/projectile invulnerability is worth it for sure, but it means more as you stack more duration. Each second counts.

Dellusions
Aug 06, 2013 04:30:00 AM

"

Thanks

It does work on AoE's that hit something though, like say double strike + melee splash, or cleave, or Rain of Arrows, etc.

Dellusions
Aug 06, 2013 04:31:01 AM

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Never. Blind is explicitly something which happens on hit. a Poison Cloud is degen, which never hits anything.

Although I would like to point out that that would be a really cool effect of Poison Arrow, especially because you can't see shit through a bunch of them in some maps anyways.

Budget_player_cadet
Aug 06, 2013 10:36:16 AM

so it sounds like this just lowers the enemy's impact on your evasion entropy? meaning a bunch of blinded monsters will eventually land a hit, it just takes them four times as long. i hope that's right.

Dryhumper
Nov 01, 2013 09:56:43 AM

IF you want defensive stuff this is prolly the best gem to use with skills that hit multiple targets (not counting curses or enduring cry).

NagiSoi
Nov 06, 2013 02:00:28 AM
  • Prev
  • Next