Forum Index Off Topic Magicka

History

Action RPG that comes out soon (the 25th). Apparently it's supposed to be humorous. Might be fun.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/01/21/exclusive-magicka-to-be-released-on-tuesday-january-25/

Oasisbhrnw
Jan 21, 2011 21:10:53 PM

Oh, i heared about that game a few months ago and i almost forgot it... So, thanks for your post! I will definetly try it out... Do you know if there are any reviews out there already?

Rhesos
Jan 22, 2011 18:19:44 PM

"
Rhesos wrote:
Do you know if there are any reviews out there already?

None that I've seen.

Oasisbhrnw
Jan 22, 2011 18:49:03 PM

Its on Gamersgate,surprised at the price only £7.99 cheaper than a lot of Indie games.

Kavlor
Jan 24, 2011 21:19:03 PM

"
Kavlor wrote:
Its on Gamersgate,surprised at the price only £7.99 cheaper than a lot of Indie games.

or 9,99€ in other parts of europe, like it is for me in germany :) However i wait for the steam version i think

Rhesos
Jan 24, 2011 21:55:08 PM

I've just downloaded the demo, so gonna see if its worth my penny :)

Jurge
Jan 25, 2011 11:39:36 AM

Thanks for posting about this little gem. Tried the demo but there are a lot of bugs with the game right now. Apparently the devs are very communicative, though. And they have already released a fairly large patch and apparently will be patching things almost daily until the bugs are fixed.

The demo crashes on start for me, but I read some fixes this morning that I'll give a try later. For those that are able to play the game multiplayer without crashes, they apparently love it.

FruitLord
Jan 26, 2011 14:09:36 PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/26/magicka-launch-riddled-with-bugs-paradox-patching-every-24-hours/
Paradox Interactive is known for releasing their games in a rushed and substandard state. It'll probably take months and at least one expansion before the game gets to a point where most developers would normally have considered releasing it. Just look at HoI3 which still has significant bugs and problems over a year after it was released and the players are left hoping that the second expansion which was recently announced will bring the game to a solidly enjoyable state.

tpapp157
Jan 26, 2011 14:18:10 PM

"
Rhesos wrote:
"
Kavlor wrote:

or 9,99€ in other parts of europe, like it is for me in germany :) However i wait for the steam version i think

Gamersgate version is the Steam version when installed it gets added to your steam account.

Kavlor
Jan 26, 2011 15:13:08 PM

"
tpapp157 wrote:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/26/magicka-launch-riddled-with-bugs-paradox-patching-every-24-hours/
Paradox Interactive is known for releasing their games in a rushed and substandard state. It'll probably take months and at least one expansion before the game gets to a point where most developers would normally have considered releasing it. Just look at HoI3 which still has significant bugs and problems over a year after it was released and the players are left hoping that the second expansion which was recently announced will bring the game to a solidly enjoyable state.

yeah demo is pretty buggy :(
I'll definetly wait till there is some kind of price reducement on steam...

Rhesos
Jan 26, 2011 18:20:13 PM
  • Next