Forum Index Off Topic POE WIKI

History

Hey, Everyone. Well since there is not much to do till the game actually comes out I figure we could make a Wiki. I literally just started it before writing this so it doesn't have much besides a title. I am open to how we should format the wiki. I would like to try to keep it organized, but it will be kinda chaotic till we get it up and running. Also i am new to using the wiki editing features so if anyone has any experience PM me i would appreciate it. Thanks lets make a informative source for the community :)

Heres the Link
http://pathofexile.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Zidjian
Jan 18, 2011 08:26:46 AM

Just a small note PoE is not an MMO-ARPG.

permaximum
Jan 18, 2011 12:59:56 PM

Nice! Was thinking of creating one, but severe exam stress got the better of me (have little time coming months anyway).

What I think should at least be in the wiki:

Official site information:
FAQ
Media
Dev Diaries
Classes
Areas
Monsters
Skills
Leagues

Official developer post information:
Chris
Jonathan
Erik
Duncan (no posts yet)
Rhys
Dylan

Information from Alpha testers:
Gaza
Dubby

Information from interviews etc:
G4TV
IncGamers
IGN
Game Console New Zealand
PCGamer
GamePro
Game Revolution
Joystiq
Mendoza Gamers
Herniweb
Big Download
Manapool
Diablo4Arab
PCGamer 2

Vandro
Jan 18, 2011 13:03:43 PM

Thanks vandro. I like the look of the layout i'll get on it.
and permaximum tell me what you think POE should be classified as in the description.

Zidjian
Jan 18, 2011 18:27:20 PM

GGG calls it: "free-to-play PC online action Role-Playing Game set in a dark fantasy world"

Look at the Press Release for how you should describe it:P

EDIT: Also look at this Dev Diary: Why we hate being called an MMORPG

Vandro
Jan 18, 2011 18:44:08 PM

Ya, but its kinda long i am thinking of a Online-ARPG.

Zidjian
Jan 18, 2011 18:48:59 PM

Or just "online ARPG" :P

I personally like this wallpaper as background, as it shows the start of the path of exile:

Vandro
Jan 18, 2011 18:51:59 PM

Thanks ya i am still getting the hang out the wiki software. Anyways did you have any problems trying to modify content or anything. I would like to add all of the official information to the wiki before it goes public. Right now unless you have a direct link it won't come up in a search. Once Beat starts more and more content will be added. Screen Shots, area descriptions, etc.

Zidjian
Jan 18, 2011 19:17:57 PM

Added at To do list link to the top of the page and updated the bestiary. Also for the area,bestiary,classes, and other things eventually they will be separate pages for now lets just keep it as a page. I am still working off and on Remember to PM me if you have any Q's. Thanks

Edit-Also playing around with colors just to see what works.

Zidjian
Jan 18, 2011 21:06:16 PM

I'd rather not use the monster "descriptions" that are posted on the PoE site. They're nice for flavor but don't have a lot of information or use. It'd be better to just use a few sentences to describe them similar to what I'm doing in the areas section.

I'd also rather if the background was simply a solid color. Tiled images are never nice to look at.

By the way. What's the difference between a category page and a normal page?

tpapp157
Jan 18, 2011 21:41:02 PM
  • Next