Due to the excessive number of stickies for this forum, we're consolidating the best threads into this post for easier access and reading. If you can't find what your looking for try a forum search before starting a new thread. Let us know if you think anything should be added/removed to this list or presented better.
For account or payment issues (i.e account compromised, payment didn't work etc) Please email email@example.com
- Hacked Accounts & Security A list of important account security threads.
- "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package" An issue that can occur when running the POE installer for the first time (solution at page 2)
- Common Installing/Running issues See the first half of Rory's common technical problems page.
~Graphics Card Issues~
- Game not detecting a dedicated graphics card Laptop users
- 3d troubleshooting resources & research, work in progress Suggestions for low performance, include turning off tessellation, setting game priority, clean driver installation etc.
~Client Crash / Fail to Load~
- Failed Creating the Direct3D device (D3D) Crash from a user using Radeon 7700 HD
- General Network troubleshooting Systematic checklist covering basic connectivity problem areas
- Using a VPN to avoid connection issues. Some ISPs can be problematic for POE, this post details one workaround
~Running POE on Mac & Linux~
- WINE info thread This is a program used to open Windows based apps in Unix based OS, such as Linux or Mac OS. Posted by discomfitor (Links to Beta General Discussion.)
- Unofficial Mac OS X PoE port v4.1 Unofficial porting to Mac. (Links to Beta General Discussion.)
~Optimization & Other Guides~
- MTR and Connectivity Issue Primer Helps investigate the origin of poor connection speed.
- Set up a RAM disk Useful to help smooth the jolt when some elements are loaded during gameplay.
- Run a Pack Check Helps with corrupted files.
- List of Command Line Launch Options Start Path of Exile with various modifiers, i.e with disabled sound or patching.
- Link your items in a forum post Useful for trading and showing off items.
- GGPK Defragmenter Defragments Path of Exile's GGPK files, can free up a decent amount of space if the game has been patched often.
Guide for getting SLI and Driver-level AA to work
A short walkthrough on how a user managed to get SLI and Driver-level AA working. Please note that this only applies to Nvidia GPU's.
|May 06, 2013 12:22:55 PM|