Forum Index Skill Gem Feedback Arctic Armour

History

"
grepman wrote:

what does that mean exactly though ?
if AA drains 250 mana and I have 265 regen will it turn off on a big hit that will take all of my mana?

he is saying that if your mp regen is more than mp damage, then no it will not shut off.
however, i suspect it should still turn off even if you can regen more mp than you actually just lost in a single moment.

soul4hdwn
Nov 25, 2013 08:06:13 AM

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

what does that mean exactly though ?
if AA drains 250 mana and I have 265 regen will it turn off on a big hit that will take all of my mana?

he is saying that if your mp regen is more than mp damage, then no it will not shut off.
however, i suspect it should still turn off even if you can regen more mp than you actually just lost in a single moment.

ok so with a big enough hit, lets say 3k
with cloak of defiance, mitigate 40% so 1200.
you have lets say 1k mana leftover

I'm fairly certain that one cannot get to 1k + mana regen per sec, even with all regen gear clarity discipline and some crazy ES gear

so then mitigation takes off 1k mana, takes 200 from your life, and then (is this the right order?) shuts off the AA ?
I think both the existence and order of this matters (since for most people, AA is the main defense against small hits) and make sure it shuts off AFTER the initial damage is applied.

either way, feels like if AA shuts off, the combo is very unreliable against big hits if you go with AA as a perma-on ability

grepman
Nov 25, 2013 08:18:36 AM

I use AA + MOM, and last I checked taking a hit to the face from kole (which eats all my mana) does not turn off my AA.

Could be wrong. Don't think so.

Autocthon
Nov 25, 2013 18:20:01 PM

im also using cloak of defiance + AA and from my experience im 99,9% sure it doesnt turn off when you get hit for more mana than you have, thats the case if you regen more than AA needs.

something else: i havent read the whole thread but i was wondering if AA can be used to migitate a huge portion of reflect? for example EK and high level AA

Funcrusher
Nov 26, 2013 17:43:10 PM

"
Funcrusher wrote:
im also using cloak of defiance + AA and from my experience im 99,9% sure it doesnt turn off when you get hit for more mana than you have, thats the case if you regen more than AA needs.

something else: i havent read the whole thread but i was wondering if AA can be used to migitate a huge portion of reflect? for example EK and high level AA
yes it works on reflected damage.

also thanks you two for correcting me, thats good news for most people.

soul4hdwn
Nov 26, 2013 21:09:30 PM

What support gem is working and interresting to play with AA ?

manaa3
Nov 28, 2013 17:06:17 PM

I got no prob with AA... but its sfx is quite annoying...

Betabotz
Nov 29, 2013 06:04:27 AM

"
manaa3 wrote:
What support gem is working and interresting to play with AA ?

nothing.

only things working are
a)reduced mana... that does nothing since 71%of 0 is still 0
b)increased duration... that i think it applies to the chilling ground you leave behind
c)BM, skill now reserves 0 life instead of 0 mana... still based on mana regen though to maintain
d)nothing else?

shroudb
Nov 29, 2013 19:47:44 PM

"
shroudb wrote:
d)nothing else?

Faster Casting
Enhance
Empower

Ezhiel
Nov 29, 2013 20:09:07 PM

Do i need to activate it every time i change the zone?

fAnts
Dec 01, 2013 17:19:59 PM
  • Prev
  • Next