Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions So... Haven't Heard Anything About Melee...Any... News?

History

Melee is dead. Just accept that. At this point it is in the game purely because ARPG has to have it. Nothing more.

It is not competetive. It is not mechanicaly nice to play (except cyclone ofc). Whole game is built to punish melee. It just sucks right now.

Sure. You can make it work. With current idiotic unchecked powercreep everything 'works'. And that seems fine.. in vacuum. It is the relative standing that matters and right now melee has NOTHING. no redeeming feature that would make it compete with bows or summons or casters. A fu.. nothing.

Melee rework was a flop. It solved nothing in the mechanics department (targeting is still a disgrace for a modern lean and fast game). It failed melee in the damage department (most skill reworks were ZERO net gain due to massive attack speed nerfa.

I would like ggg to make an exilecon speech that justifies using Dual Strike or Heavy Strike in modern POE. And to do a live comparison session between these and 50c ele tornado shot build from the dumpster.

I would like them to grep their logs and check how many ancestrall call'ed hits hit only 2nd and 3rd targets because first one ALWATS hits the air due to their garbage targeting mechanic. And then to justify that.

Strike melee skills are unplayable without AC or MS. Simple as that. And they stubbornly refuse to slap auto tarheting from these gems to the 1st hit. Just f.. because it blahblahblah.

Then you have the gearing and reliance on multiex weapons to do damage. Current base dps of a weapon is ~350 dps for an entry level end game weapon. Spells have close to 1000dps base and passives with similar values and use the same support multipliers. Again. You can complete the game. But in comparison melee is too difficult to gear, too clunky to play and too easy to kill.

It is stinking garbage that should be removed and put into POE lite as a separate game. There is no place for it in current POE

Oh and what we post here is 100% waste of time. Next time they do anything with melee is going to be 4.5 or later. They dont give a f.. about 2% of playerbase due to financial reasons. Better to make life easier for the remaining 98%..

sidtherat
Nov 14, 2019 08:24:49 AM

"
benjaminbona wrote:
Thats why im wondering... why are they being so damn quiet?

Cant they just talk to the players?

Is GGG too big to talk to the community now?

Or they simply don't want to communicate something that will be very likely not well received by the community ?
They likely know that they don't really have credibility regarding melee rework(s) at this point, and that they cannot really 'fix' melee either, so it's just probably better for them to keep silent about it ( at least until they are sure that they can make things significantly better, which they can't imo ).

Fruz
Nov 15, 2019 02:32:05 AM

They must be quiet because they will present that b00m Life Melee Strike reworks that gonna ROCK poe in 4.0!

I heard Rory and Jonathan already realized the shitty state of Life Melee Strike Skills and that Jonathan was 100% false when he said that Multistrike is fine in Baeclast.
They gonna make Blood and Sand work with Ancestrall Call and Melee Splash to reduce the fucken clunckiness and gemswapping for bossing/clearing.

I think they want to impress their core audience with massive melee reworks that gonna make Life Melee Strike Skills clearly stand out atleast in one aspect of the game!

It must be the reason right?! right..?

zzang
Nov 15, 2019 16:21:45 PM

Will PoE 2 get Melee right?

zzang
Nov 16, 2019 00:16:03 AM

by the look of that devour boss instagibbing kripp with the mechanic being that you hide behind these bits of its body that are pretty far away, hence u could just stand behind them and peekshot the boss down with a bow/spell where with melee u have to get in its face and basically get 1 shot before u even have time to get a distance away to hide behind them....

i think the safe money would be on no.

Snorkle_uk
Nov 16, 2019 01:00:37 AM

Well, there's the perfect solution

How come nobody here thought of something this simple and effective? We're saved!

raics
Nov 16, 2019 02:33:38 AM

what
the
actual
fuck

Ashen_Shugar_IV
Nov 16, 2019 02:52:02 AM

I mean 4.0 is way too far away for MELEE to depend on it for salvation...

MELEE should have been 3.9 focus

Lets hope its the 3.10 focus

benjaminbona
Nov 16, 2019 02:59:04 AM

the only way melee as a style is relevant is if the game is slowed down drastically and there are incentives to play melee

don't think this is happening, so it's dead until proven not to be.

sid outlines why it's dead in the current iteration pretty well. why should I look for crafted weapons etc when I as a summoner just by leveling gems I can kill all endgame, without much sweat ? it makes no sense.

shit, I was kinda excited for summoner rework, but I got so bored by how much power they baked into everything summoner. meanwhile melee is sucking on a lollipop

grepman
Nov 16, 2019 03:14:36 AM

"
grepman wrote:
the only way melee as a style is relevant is if the game is slowed down drastically and there are incentives to play melee

don't think this is happening, so it's dead until proven not to be.

Yep, expecting anything (else) is imo delusional.

"
raics wrote:
Well, there's the perfect solution

How come nobody here thought of something this simple and effective? We're saved!

This has been edited, right ?
I cannot really believe that something like this could happen but at the same time ... lol

Fruz
Nov 16, 2019 03:16:26 AM
  • Prev
  • Next