Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Physical DOT Spell for strength gems?

History

Hello,

like in the title, is it possible to get an Dot Skill Gem wich deals Physical Damage over time and is a "Red Gem" Strength based but still a Spell?
a Little bit like bleed but an Aoe and it is actually not bleed, just physical DOT.

Thankyou all of you.

kind regards
JeckNoTree

JeckNoTree
Nov 13, 2019 23:02:32 PM

+1

TreeOfDead
Nov 13, 2019 23:07:22 PM

This is a good idea. "Physical damage over time" totally exists as a stat in the game, so I wonder whether GGG has already planned to add spells/attacks that deal it via a different method than bleed.

demon9675
Nov 14, 2019 05:45:13 AM

"
+1

"
This is a good idea. "Physical damage over time" totally exists as a stat in the game, so I wonder whether GGG has already planned to add spells/attacks that deal it via a different method than bleed.

Thankyou Guys/Girls.

:D

JeckNoTree
Nov 16, 2019 19:45:30 PM

I dunno, the basic archetypes and the way GGG aligns things with the different stats/colors makes it hard to see why this would be a red/strength gem.

It'd be cool to get this in the game and all because it's certainly a gap in the available spell options, but literally everything we've seen so far would lead me to expect a GREEN skill gem for a physical DOT spell. Let's not forget that green is both the color of physical spells (Bladefall, EK, BV, and so on) and damage over time supports (Swift affliction/rapid decay, deadly ailments etc).

So... +1/2 from me? Like I said, I want this spell, but it would make literally no sense to make it strength-based when literally 100% of what the spell is/does aligns with the well established school of Dexterity.

ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate
Nov 16, 2019 23:10:07 PM

"
it would make literally no sense to make it strength-based when literally 100% of what the spell is/does aligns with the well established school of Dexterity.
I think it just depends on the design of the skill.

Physical, as an element, doesn't really have an attribute alignment other than maybe "not intelligence", so there's no reason it has to stay green in spells. Burning Damage Support (and fire's strength alignment in general) shows us there's nothing unusual about strength having DOT. The current crop of physical spells are green, yeah, but they're also all hit-based and many are in the same "flying blades" theme (fitting thematically with dex as the 'projectile weapons' area) - something different to that needn't follow the same grouping. For something a bit slower and AOE focused, I would say strength is the better fit.

GusTheCrocodile
Nov 17, 2019 00:55:00 AM

"
So... +1/2 from me? Like I said, I want this spell, but it would make literally no sense to make it strength-based when literally 100% of what the spell is/does aligns with the well established school of Dexterity.

yeah but also no, but as Always Thank You.

"
I think it just depends on the design of the skill.
Physical, as an element, doesn't really have an attribute alignment other than maybe "not intelligence", so there's no reason it has to stay green in spells. Burning Damage Support (and fire's strength alignment in general) shows us there's nothing unusual about strength having DOT. The current crop of physical spells are green, yeah, but they're also all hit-based and many are in the same "flying blades" theme (fitting thematically with dex as the 'projectile weapons' area) - something different to that needn't follow the same grouping. For something a bit slower and AOE focused, I would say strength is the better fit.

this is what I would have said, so thank you. :)

JeckNoTree
Nov 17, 2019 09:46:45 AM