Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Get Rid of 1 Portal Zanas - It's All Downsides and ~No Upside

History

Why these 1-per-player portal Zanas exist at this point is beyond me. They cause far more suffering through disconnects, crashes and things like this Reddit post, than any possible tiny benefit from making the mission "more challenging". Hint: they aren't much more challenging (if you even bother doing the mission in the first place), and nobody cares.

Make all Zana missions 6 portals.

unsane
Nov 13, 2019 20:05:04 PM

+1

TreeOfDead
Nov 13, 2019 23:08:50 PM

Problem Solved - stay in a party with people while mapping

(If you're in SSF then obviously this doesn't work)

The 1 portal Zana mission will instead open a portal for each player in your party

But if you're dying a ton your build is not good and needs to be improved etc

Now most people only die to the most ridiculous of map mods or specific bosses/deep delve

If generic maps are killing you, that's a sign that your build is bad

benjaminbona
Nov 13, 2019 23:40:29 PM

Typically I get 1 portal on crazy mod maps she offers. I think that's why she gives you 1 portal so that if you want to run that high quant/pack map, you can, but at the cost of 1 portal. If you overextend yourself because you couldn't handle the 20 mod map, that's the tradeoff and loss you incur. If that penalty didn't exist you would never run the lesser maps. You would always just pick the highest rare/corrupted rare and go. But if you see 1 port maybe you think twice and click on a slightly lesser rare. I mean personally I don't even look at the mission of # of ports I just find highest juiced up map and go.

cgexile
Nov 14, 2019 01:44:02 AM

this "dont die or leave zana's map" thing should give +20% of loot quantity to her map.

Tainted_Fate
Nov 14, 2019 09:52:34 AM

Personally I think the 1 portal missions are just fine since they NEVER have a mission timer associated with them.

If just one portal is the "price" I have to pay to get rid of the timer, yepp I have no issue with that at all.

Dharall
Nov 14, 2019 10:47:21 AM

"
cgexile wrote:
Typically I get 1 portal on crazy mod maps she offers. I think that's why she gives you 1 portal so that if you want to run that high quant/pack map, you can, but at the cost of 1 portal. If you overextend yourself because you couldn't handle the 20 mod map, that's the tradeoff and loss you incur. If that penalty didn't exist you would never run the lesser maps. You would always just pick the highest rare/corrupted rare and go. But if you see 1 port maybe you think twice and click on a slightly lesser rare. I mean personally I don't even look at the mission of # of ports I just find highest juiced up map and go.
Except the DO-Not-Die mission is pretty much half of what Zana offered.
if I have to avoid Do-not-die mission I pretty much cut my choice into half.

The do-non-die mission offered by zana need to be less frequent.

Darkkrows
Nov 14, 2019 11:33:23 AM

"
Dharall wrote:
Personally I think the 1 portal missions are just fine since they NEVER have a mission timer associated with them.

If just one portal is the "price" I have to pay to get rid of the timer, yepp I have no issue with that at all.

This.
And I think those missions have 2 purposes:
U don't waste time u would otherwise spend with collecting loot, using 2 or more portals, u rush through, fullfill and move on
and u're focused on the mission and just collect the most valuable loot aka just currency, maps, maybe 1 or 2 6s,...

tuasoafoch
Nov 14, 2019 12:24:30 PM

In my opinion it would be best to tie the loss of a portal to an actual player death and not entering/leaving the map for any reason (trade, stashing loot, disconnect).

This league I was lucky enough to get a Putrid Cloister from Zana but the connection was so bad that it kept disconnecting me so I used up all 6 portals and still wasn't done with the map. Fuck me, right?

Otherwise the 1-portal missions are fine, it's just annoying if a lot of good loot drops early in the league and your inventory is already full and you can't leave to stash it.

C4Guy
Nov 14, 2019 17:09:51 PM

What?

I don't forget i'm in a Zana mission, find out i'm not a beast of burden or need bigger pockets, port out to empty bags then realize what I've done... That has never happened all the time, who would repeatedly and consistently make that mistake over years of playing?

brushmonkey
Nov 15, 2019 09:25:39 AM
  • Next