Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Actual good suggestions, not trolling.

History

1. Have item vendor in hideout to trade up currency eg jew to fus, so nobody has to exit h/o (loading screen), run to vendor, trade, return to h/o (2nd loading screen)

2. Remove portal gem and scrolls from game, have portal button on HUD somewhere. Scrolls and gem are absolutely pointless inventory space and skill slot space. They add zero value to the game.

3. Have rare drop currency or prophecies that can upgrade low level crap uniques base item to higher level. This will enable a lot more build variety, A LOT MORE, without overpowering most things (i said most, read it again before you QQ) eg - Roth's Reach, nice bow, average mods, not usable past a certain level.

4. Less skills effects. LESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

5. Gem interaction restrictions are literally killing build variety. Totems and minions suffer from this a lot, but so do skills that require certain weapons.

6. Add in something to offset the stupid death penalty. Theres been a lot of ideas thrown around so heres mine - have a mod or corruption or something that gives +% more exp gained but also +% more exp lost on death. Risk vs reward people, risk vs reward.

7. Pets that actually do something other than clog the screen with their unnecessary view blocking. Have them set up to automatically pick stuff up, like currency that most people walk straight past. Passive income please?

8. For a game that touts infinite build possibilities, there sure aren't many when you really think about it. Add in at least 1 extra notable to each ascendency that does something totally new. For example, for Witch, have a new node in elementalist that allows them to become a melee fighter, crappy examples here -

- All melee skills use spell dmg modifiers
- For every X amount of ES gain 1 permanent Endurance Charge
- X% of mana reserved gives X% to melee dmg
- For each corpse near you, gain 0.2% life/es regen

Ok im done.

MrSatanGuy
Nov 13, 2019 03:15:44 AM

no

Peace,

-Boem-

IzaroPetMTX
Nov 13, 2019 03:43:39 AM

"
IzaroPetMTX wrote:
no


Great argument! Must have taken you hours of extreme solitude on the highest mountain in a total zen state to realise your reply. Well done!

MrSatanGuy
Nov 13, 2019 03:46:52 AM

"
MrSatanGuy wrote:
"
IzaroPetMTX wrote:
no


Great argument! Must have taken you hours of extreme solitude on the highest mountain in a total zen state to realise your reply. Well done!


For a more successful trolling about a fundamental change in the mechanics of the game, your account must have at least five supporter badges and be no older than one year

you failed both conditions, it's a very low quality bait

Peace,

-Boem-

IzaroPetMTX
Nov 13, 2019 03:51:30 AM

"
IzaroPetMTX wrote:
"
MrSatanGuy wrote:
"
IzaroPetMTX wrote:
no


Great argument! Must have taken you hours of extreme solitude on the highest mountain in a total zen state to realise your reply. Well done!


For a more successful trolling about a fundamental change in the mechanics of the game, your account must have at least five supporter badges and be no older than one year

you failed both conditions, it's a very low quality bait

Peace,

-Boem-


Nice troll yourself, but i'd still like you to explain the relationship between buying supporter badges and not being allowed to have opinions. FYI I have spent money on the game, I have tons of stash tabs. Not everyone thinks looking pretty to random strangers is important.

If you would like to change your trolly mind and offer your counterarguments to my suggestions?

MrSatanGuy
Nov 13, 2019 04:18:02 AM

Just because you aren't trolling doesn't mean these are good suggestions.

In fact, several of them (3, 5, 6, and 7) are full-on terrible, and #8 is based on multiple layers of the kind of flawed logic that comes from inexperience.

I'm not willing to spend the time it would take for me to explain all of the ways in which these ideas are bad and demonstrate your lack of game knowledge, but I can give you a case study with #5: "remove skill gem restrictions."

Like... what? What does this even mean? This idea is unadulterated nonsense. Using a skill like Dual Strike while not dual wielding wouldn't make sense. Using Tornado Shot with a sword equipped makes even less sense. As for minions and totems... what? Are you saying things that affect minions should affect totems (and vice-versa), despite the fact that totems are not minions? If a rugby player made this suggestion right after standing up from a tackle, I'd wave for a stretcher and scream at them to hurry.

And suggestions 3, 6, and 7 are all just as bad.

ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate
Nov 13, 2019 05:23:59 AM

"
In fact, several of them (3, 5, 6, and 7) are full-on terrible, and #8 is based on multiple layers of the kind of flawed logic that comes from inexperience.


Speak for yourself, dude. Your opinions aren't facts.

I agree that #5 and #8 don't make sense, but

- #3 isn't (in principle) any less plausible to have than any other item changing currency or prophecy. What would be the big argument against an "increase (or randomize) item level on a unique item" orb?

- #6 is mainly a matter of opinion, some like the death penalty, others don't. His idea on how to change it isn't the best but I think a "+x% experience gain, +x% experience lost on death" sextant wouldn't be a bad thing per se.

- #7 is not a new idea but I'd literally pay for a pet that can pick up currency and fragments and other small stuff. It would be fucking awesome to outsource the cleaning duties and free up the space in the inventory.

C4Guy
Nov 13, 2019 15:28:36 PM

no

Marxone
Nov 13, 2019 15:36:48 PM

1. Nope. Because inflation
2. Nope. Dumbing down is not a good idea
3. Terrible idea. Power creep
4. Terrible idea. Less income for GGG
5. Totems and minions are about the strongest ever
6. Nope. Would make glass-cannon viable
7. Nope. Dumbing down is not a good idea
8. Nope. Balance would be a nightmare

Cyzax
Nov 13, 2019 16:22:49 PM

"
Cyzax wrote:

2. Nope. Dumbing down is not a good idea

in what sense does this dumb down the game? what high level complex thoughts are you loosing? like "do i still have scrolls?" or "have i accidentally sold them?"

i am not saying they should be removed, but your argument is probably the worst for keeping them.

UlfgardLeo
Nov 13, 2019 18:52:19 PM
  • 1
  • 2
  • Next