Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Icestorm, please!

History

"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
You can have even more cancer with mines! :)

Has anyone tried COC with a whispering ice lately? That sounds like some grade-A cancer waiting to happen

Buddy of mine played CWC Icestorm, mostly tho in my hideout to annoy me
It worked like a charm.

Marxone
Nov 12, 2019 12:13:58 PM

"
Marxone wrote:
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
You can have even more cancer with mines! :)

Has anyone tried COC with a whispering ice lately? That sounds like some grade-A cancer waiting to happen

Buddy of mine played CWC Icestorm, mostly tho in my hideout to annoy me
It worked like a charm.

I played a SR CWC Icestorm Ascendant in Bestiary. Didn't care about the 5 FPS, it could never die to anything, lol.

Always wondered how games like Black Desert Online can maintain great graphics while having good performance. Meanwhile PoE...

ArtCrusade
Nov 12, 2019 12:23:33 PM

I think there was something mentioned that certain skills have more particles than originally thought and it was a bug. So they fixed it by modifying the animation a bit.

But Ice Storm is one of the stupid skills that hit a lot of stuff at the same time causing additionally the classic server lag/ buffered delays. Nice showcases are the CWDT Ice storm guys with poison capability - it just melts the instance servers :D

Marxone
Nov 12, 2019 12:53:34 PM

"
a_z0_9 wrote:

Let's cast some Icestorms:
15 fps

At the same time:
CPU utilisation is like 40%

GPU utilisation goes from 75% to 10%

Can you please fix this broken skill?

1. thats more than "some"
2. Its not a broken skill, the servers just cant keep up

Tyrion2
Nov 12, 2019 15:08:09 PM

"
Tyrion2 wrote:

1. thats more than "some"
2. Its not a broken skill, the servers just cant keep up

More than one could be called "some".
That build in its current state utilizing like 70% of Icestorm's "lag potential"

There are no monsters around, nothing to calculate or sync except hit position. The skill works like that in forced predictive mode as well.
It's just a great synergy of purblind skill design and supplementary endless shitcoding over the years. So yea, it's broken.

Spoiler
I'm pretty sure party of six icestorm characters on a map with Legion monolith could not be handled even on 56-core Xeon setup.

a_z0_9
Nov 12, 2019 15:49:09 PM
  • Prev