Forum Index General Discussion Biggest thing I saw that D4 appears to have that PoE doesn't

History

"
teksuoPOE wrote:
everything looks amazing so far , (for a pre-alpha).

the hate going around is uncalled for. probably ppl in denial :)

d4 only has to be n par with poe and then be more smooth on top and its GG git gud.

i do appreciate having PoE in the meantime though :)

Assuming you know in advance what's going to be at ExileCon

well i know they're not doing a new engine... so unless chris has a miracle in his sleeve, smoothness is out of the question.

You may be right, but let's be honest, arn't you just a little hyped?[/quote]

Like a true leader <3 WOhooooo 4.0 HYpeeeee :D.

Farystar
Nov 05, 2019 13:27:46 PM

"
KZA wrote:
In the gameplay trailer, when the sorceress was dealing with just a handful of white mobs, she clustered them together, froze the group with a few ice blasts, then shattered them with a single meteor.

Now why is that so impressive? Here's why.

In PoE, the screen is completely stuffed with mobs and skill effects. You can't count how many mobs there are on the screen, let alone even tell what kind of monsters you're dealing with because you just scoot, explode several screens in one shot, scoot, explode several screens in one shot, repeat X 1000000.

If I want to survive, I want to have to assess how many mobs there are, what kind they are, what skills they're using, their positioning, what spells they are weak against, and then tactically use a variety of my skills to debilitate, control and murder them as effectively as possible. You know, something less mindless, automated and easy.

With that alone, D4 looks like it has my vote. (assuming they keep it that way come release, of course).

P.S. World PVP has me hyped!

So I dont know if you heard of a game call Diablo 3 it had a game play trailer were the charakter had to use multibal skills to dispatch white mods and even the map tarain, colapsing bolders on so mods to kill them. Sounds cool doesnt it?

Well D3 turned out to be a game were speed and screen wide AOE was the best way to go. (At least for me as a monk player).

My prediction will be that D4 will also become a game fokust on AOE and move speed like 99% of ARPGs.

P.S. World PVP sounds cool

Sauraus3
Nov 05, 2019 15:05:30 PM

"
Farystar wrote:
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
everything looks amazing so far , (for a pre-alpha).

the hate going around is uncalled for. probably ppl in denial :)

d4 only has to be n par with poe and then be more smooth on top and its GG git gud.

i do appreciate having PoE in the meantime though :)

Assuming you know in advance what's going to be at ExileCon

well i know they're not doing a new engine... so unless chris has a miracle in his sleeve, smoothness is out of the question.

You may be right, but let's be honest, arn't you just a little hyped?

Like a true leader <3 WOhooooo 4.0 HYpeeeee :D.

In fairness what is he supposed to say?

"Oh man, saw that D4 reveal, we're fucked"

Lol.

It's likely the future if PoE literally hinges on what happens or is discussed in two weeks. I hope for the sake of all the people GGG employs, this goes well.

Spoiler
I actually dont think Chris cares that much. He got tens of millions in the Tencent sellout, maybe secretlyhe wants to do something else entirely

DarthSki44
Nov 05, 2019 16:39:55 PM

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
you lose a great deal of options when monsters exist only to die instantly, lots of potential tools for moving them, controlling them or disabling them become pretty irrelevant. This is one of the things i'd be hoping 4.0 is working on tbh.

Combo systems feel pretty satisfying even when its not some kind of "official" combo and also lends itself to different encounter depth, you can have horde bosses etc that require AoE and control instead of straight single target.

With the exception of Map (and other endgame) bosses, everything in PoE is designed to die instantly, often several screens at a time.

To pretend otherwise is silly. Half the meta builds dont even see what they're killing.

Asmosis
Nov 05, 2019 17:13:33 PM

D4 > POE!

wullack
Nov 05, 2019 17:47:58 PM
  • Prev