Forum Index General Discussion whats with all the D4 talk when it wont even come out for years?

History

"
gidelon91 wrote:
they talk about ps4 and actual xbox generation. So it must be close to release. Late 2020 early 2021 i suppose.

Thats a true point hm, yea why would they say ps4 and xbox one if it will realsese 2022+ when the new console genration is out

napalm424
Nov 03, 2019 20:26:02 PM

"
kshuxxx wrote:
It took 5 years and 8 months from the D3 announcement and release date .

This and i quote "Not even Blizzard SOOON tm " ready

From the gameplay footage seems really alpha and they are already 3 years in so 6-10+ years is more realistic .

Sad part D4 will come way to late to make an impact on arpg market.

Hack and slash gender has and continue to slowly die .

In 5 years some else will be popular 100% not POE or D4 .

Anyway on POE related i hope 4.0 brings really big changes ,as i got
REALLY REALLY tired of 1 shot meta from our and monster side.

Coming from someone who also plays RTS games - don't give up so easy! Hell I play AoE2, a game that's literally 20 years old and still has a (growing!) active playerbase AND is getting a major expansion in less than 2 weeks (plus a full sequel in a year or two). Genres have their ups and downs in popularity, but that doesn't mean you literally can't play them yourself anymore. :)

Exile009
Nov 03, 2019 21:08:39 PM

"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
it will be at least 2 years before D4 comes out yet i've seen 20+ threads comparing D4 to poe...wtf is the point? by the time D4 comes out poe might not even exist for all we know,so at this point all speculation is pointless.

I've never understood this mentality.

"Yea there's some obvious huge problems but hey guys it's not done yet! Don't even complain!"

*D4 Launches with all the problems*

"Whoa hey who could have seen this coming? Strange.

That's the ENTIRE POINT of all these threads, if we want D4 to actually launch in a good state we HAVE to make a point now. This is the equivalent of bitching that people complain on PTR, when that's the whole idea of ptr.

Bleu42
Nov 03, 2019 21:18:10 PM

"
napalm424 wrote:
"
gidelon91 wrote:
they talk about ps4 and actual xbox generation. So it must be close to release. Late 2020 early 2021 i suppose.

Thats a true point hm, yea why would they say ps4 and xbox one if it will realsese 2022+ when the new console genration is out

This was answered by one of the devs on a twitch stream. They said ps4 / xbox 1 because that's the only solid info they have on consoles. They don't know the name of the next generation or the specific release date so it's just safer currently to mention the ones that exist.

I watched both Wolfcryer and Rhykkers stream, and the devs states multiple times how NOT near release they are. They said everything in the demo is essentially the only working parts of the game currently.

We're looking at 2020's Blizzcon MAYBE talking about an alpha or beta for the public. Best case is the end of 2021, while most likely Holiday season of 2022.

Bleu42
Nov 03, 2019 21:22:14 PM

"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
it will be at least 2 years before D4 comes out yet i've seen 20+ threads comparing D4 to poe...wtf is the point? by the time D4 comes out poe might not even exist for all we know,so at this point all speculation is pointless.

"Yea there's some obvious huge problems but hey guys it's not done yet! Don't even complain!"

That's the ENTIRE POINT of all these threads, if we want D4 to actually launch in a good state we HAVE to make a point now. This is the equivalent of bitching that people complain on PTR, when that's the whole idea of ptr.

Pretty sure you'd have better luck influencing the D4 devs by posting on a thread on the Blizzard forum. Just sayin.' =^[.]^=

Raycheetah
Nov 03, 2019 23:03:09 PM

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:

Pretty sure you'd have better luck influencing the D4 devs by posting on a thread on the Blizzard forum. Just sayin.' =^[.]^=

Oh for sure, I already did. But hey I didn't start this thread =P

Bleu42
Nov 03, 2019 23:17:20 PM

"
kshuxxx wrote:
It took 5 years and 8 months from the D3 announcement and release date .

TIL that 3 years 11 months is equal to 5 years 8 months.

Oh, wait. You accidentally looked up the Reaper of Souls release date, huh?

Lol.

codetaku
Nov 03, 2019 23:25:33 PM
  • Prev