Forum Index General Discussion whats with all the D4 talk when it wont even come out for years?

History

it will be at least 2 years before D4 comes out yet i've seen 20+ threads comparing D4 to poe...wtf is the point? by the time D4 comes out poe might not even exist for all we know,so at this point all speculation is pointless.

Exxxiled665
Nov 03, 2019 07:46:32 AM

It took 5 years and 8 months from the D3 announcement and release date .

This and i quote "Not even Blizzard SOOON tm " ready

From the gameplay footage seems really alpha and they are already 3 years in so 6-10+ years is more realistic .

Sad part D4 will come way to late to make an impact on arpg market.

Hack and slash gender has and continue to slowly die .

In 5 years some else will be popular 100% not POE or D4 .

Anyway on POE related i hope 4.0 brings really big changes ,as i got
REALLY REALLY tired of 1 shot meta from our and monster side.

kshuxxx
Nov 03, 2019 08:30:41 AM

yeah 2 yrs is the bare minimum thats why i didnt get why so many ppl were hyping about it here like the game is going to come out next week or something

Exxxiled665
Nov 03, 2019 08:35:42 AM

Just look at the Q&As the Diablo devs did with a couple of streamers. The game is in very, very early alpha. I'm not expecting it before 2022.

Xavderion
Nov 03, 2019 08:42:28 AM

It's probably like 10 people posting threads and hyped comments about diablo 4 while the rest are just wondering why.
20+ threads? Nope.

But hey, you made one more.

You're right, there is nothing to talk about it and when there is, this is not the place for it.

Fapmobile
Nov 03, 2019 09:08:12 AM

"
kshuxxx wrote:
It took 5 years and 8 months from the D3 announcement and release date .

This and i quote "Not even Blizzard SOOON tm " ready

From the gameplay footage seems really alpha and they are already 3 years in so 6-10+ years is more realistic .

Sad part D4 will come way to late to make an impact on arpg market.

Hack and slash gender has and continue to slowly die .

In 5 years some else will be popular 100% not POE or D4 .

Anyway on POE related i hope 4.0 brings really big changes ,as i got
REALLY REALLY tired of 1 shot meta from our and monster side.

D3 was a completely new game from top to bottom. Nothing, or really damned near to it, transferred over from D2 in terms of code/assets/etc. About the only thing it shared with D2 was Diablo in the title and lore. D4 is very obviously not in that situation, based on what they showed of the game.

My guess is we'll see it some time in April-July (that's nearly always the timeframe when Blizz does their big releases) of 2021. Maybe 2022, depending on exactly where they actually are in development. Playable demos are for marketing and feedback after all, and rarely represent what the development landscape truly looks like.

And regardless of when it arrives, it will definitely make an impact. The Diablo franchise has a huge, built-in global fanbase. As much as PoE has (mostly) grown over the years, the player numbers are still peanuts compared to what will come out for a new Diablo title (especially if it turns out to be, you know, good and actually works properly on release day lol).

People can trash D3 and Blizz all they want (especially in the echo chambers of PoE forums and such), but D4 will still sell like mad whenever it drops..

aggromagnet
Nov 03, 2019 09:30:54 AM

"
aggromagnet wrote:
My guess is we'll see it some time in April-July (that's nearly always the timeframe when Blizz does their big releases) of 2021. Maybe 2022, depending on exactly where they actually are in development.

There is NO WAY that D4 will be released in 2021. Tbh. I really doubt that we will get anything before 2023.
The so called demo looked at best like an early alpha thing but I guess that thing was only builded for Bizzcon on top of the D3 engine and they don't have anything real at all right now!

666lol666
Nov 03, 2019 10:27:18 AM

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
My guess is we'll see it some time in April-July (that's nearly always the timeframe when Blizz does their big releases) of 2021. Maybe 2022, depending on exactly where they actually are in development.

There is NO WAY that D4 will be released in 2021. Tbh. I really doubt that we will get anything before 2023.
The so called demo looked at best like an early alpha thing but I guess that thing was only builded for Bizzcon on top of the D3 engine and they don't have anything real at all right now!

Few games from established franchises start completely from scratch and rebuild from the ground up. They did that with D3, but it wouldn't make any kind of sense at all to do it with D4. Love D3, hate D3, or be somewhere in between like me...but D3 does give them a solid foundation to work from.

And all they showed was a basic playable demo. They could be further behind in the process and overhyping what they are actually going to produce, a la Anthem, or they could be much further along than it looks like and they're wanting first impressions/feedback on the basics (and some hype, of course). Who knows? They didn't tease any kind of release window after all.

They could even surprise everyone and be a launch title for PS5 or Scarlett, both of which are rumored to be coming some time next year or 2021 at the latest.

aggromagnet
Nov 03, 2019 10:52:44 AM

they talk about ps4 and actual xbox generation. So it must be close to release. Late 2020 early 2021 i suppose.

gidelon91
Nov 03, 2019 11:39:54 AM

The only good thing that will come out of D4 are the cinematics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q17FDfU7-ds

Still waiting for this game to come out, would be nice

girng
Nov 03, 2019 19:40:13 PM
  • Next