Forum Index General Discussion D4 officially announced - GGG's next move?

History

"
I_NO wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
I_NO wrote:

You didn't see a single mechanic other then copy / paste skills -.-

Show me any recent game with original skills, Your Majesty.

That has nothing to do I'm saying you didn't see a talent system you didn't see anything it's legit d3 right now with a darker atmosphere you can't overhype if you haven't seen shit about it u giant walrus plushie!

From the dev panels:

"
100 players/map
Weekly raids, 25 man, matchmade, auto joined
Battlegrounds for pvp, skills are dfferent for pvp and pve, cnat use pvp skills in pve and viceversa
Dungeons, 1 to 4 man
World bosses, daily and weekly ones
Crossplay (console-pc) and cross save
In game full blown out isomentry
You can get the most powerful items in game playing solo, or in group, does not matter, raid bosses unlock tho skins for your heroes, and for abilities
(you dont buy them like in POE....)

Can TENCENT beat that? hey cant provide stable server for 5 players....

KopaKabana
Nov 01, 2019 22:03:45 PM

"
I_NO wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
nibas wrote:

actually they showed in stream, talent system, ability points,runes
The game has even more customization than poe, looks like you are desperate to try and hide the facts that were showed in live stream in witch, pal...
also, riding mounts

KopaKabana
Nov 01, 2019 22:05:58 PM

What’s PoE?

Oi!

DreadLordAvatar
Nov 01, 2019 22:06:00 PM

It'll be interesting to see how they try and monetize it. Unless they can come up with a reason for gamers to continue paying, they're not going to continue to update it beyond minor balance patches and paid expansions.

Which means it'll be like D3, you play the hell out of it for a month or so out of the gate and then you're basically done until an expansion.

Which is fine; D3's a great game, it's just not a 'forever' game like PoE.

Also, lol @ the guy that called D3 a 'flop', considering it's one of the best selling video games in history.

TheBagman
Nov 01, 2019 22:23:14 PM

Fixed that for you.

"
nibas wrote:
"
I_NO wrote:

actually they showed in stream, talent system, ability points,runes
The game has even more customization than poe, looks like you are desperate to try and hide the facts that were showed in live stream in witch, pal...
also, riding mounts

DoubleU
Nov 01, 2019 22:28:59 PM

GGG's next move is evidently to release before D4. Releasing before D4 helps to minimize the direct impact of competition as well as giving them ample time to adjust accordingly or create new trends and shape the rules of the game. D4 was just announced with no tentative release date so the threat of D4 to Path of Exile 4.0 is simply too far into the future, if at all given how long it takes Blizzard to develop their games. It is all about timing at this point really.

Chaplin1108
Nov 01, 2019 22:29:18 PM

"
Chaplin1108 wrote:
GGG's next move is evidently to release before D4. Releasing before D4 helps to minimize the direct impact of competition as well as giving them ample time to adjust accordingly or create new trends and shape the rules of the game. D4 was just announced with no tentative release date so the threat of D4 to Path of Exile 4.0 is simply too far into the future, if at all given how long it takes Blizzard to develop their games. It is all about timing at this point really.

Yeah GGG is in a good spot for sure, the need to do something about this engine they are using though, it's a bit problematic.

LowBudget780
Nov 01, 2019 22:44:45 PM

OPEN WORLD PVP IS WHAT WE NEEEDDDD

relithh
Nov 01, 2019 22:50:05 PM

Honestly, its on Blizzard to show us they can make an ARPG again. I gotta see more then a panel and some trailer/gameplay. I can't really be hyped about this until I see it in action. D3 did eventually get better but it still lacked in many areas.

That being said, I do hope that D4 is very successful. Healthy competition may push this game even further. May force GGG to rethink parts of their game even if it does make a big dent.

To answer the OP's question.. well it's on the front page. We'll see in two weeks what the answer is.

e1337donkey
Nov 01, 2019 22:55:12 PM

"
Nephalim wrote:
PoE has like 6 years of refinement and content. D4 will take years to be competitive or it could be a total flop like D3.

D3 absolutely did not live up to expectations, but it was by no means a total flop either. I'd never say D3 was a better game overall then POE, and D4 isn't guaranteed to be better either..... but I would'nt dismiss it out of hand either. Blizzard's Track Record, while no longer the absolute immaculate perfection it once claimed in the Diablo 1-2, Warcraft 1-3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft days, is still pretty damn good. It's far too early to call it a for sure POE-killer, but it's going to be a threat, and I will guarantee it will have a major impact on the action RPG scene. It's not something GGG can afford to ignore or rest on laurels against.

GoldDragon32
Nov 01, 2019 23:01:57 PM
  • Prev
  • Next