Forum Index General Discussion Is gaem daed already?

History

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
IronSteel wrote:
Legit question.

Gaem has been dying since 2013. So is it daed yet? Any insights?

Im reading yall.

-peace-

No, PoE is not dead yet but is getting closer to being put on life support if the technical problems (performance problems) aren't worked out. The quality of play has always been poor for most players as we don't live close to a PoE realm so our typical Internet communication causes playing headaches in spades.

Is English not your first language? My browser (Vivaldi) has spell checking built-in to show me when I'm spelling a word incorrectly.

EDIT: Hmm... it does look like Blight league is pretty dead though:

Hung around for 3+ minutes and no other exile shown up in Sarn (9:55 am EST). Good thing the NPCs are glued in place otherwise it would be a ghost town. Poor NPCs, stuck fast in the towns forever and a day. They don't even get time off to eat or sleep.  :)

Arrowneous
Oct 28, 2019 14:58:47 PM

Gaem is not good for me any more, because HC is not balanced and oneshots happens no matter how much defences, resistances, HP you have

cislacoff
Oct 28, 2019 17:43:39 PM

"
cislacoff wrote:
Gaem is not good for me any more, because HC is not balanced and oneshots happens no matter how much defences, resistances, HP you have

Gasp. You might actually have to learn to play well.

Shagsbeard
Oct 28, 2019 17:48:26 PM

"
cislacoff wrote:

I don't think that's actually a thing. I've been playing in red maps with 4k life and haven't seen a single one shot. I always run elemental weakness maps too, which drops me to 50-60% in all of them.

I think you people saying this just don't know how to build characters, you just all make glass cannons and don't want to admit it.

BloodPuddles420
Oct 28, 2019 18:02:37 PM

The real question is: why do you care? What is with kids these days being so concerned if a game is dying? Use the grape between your ears and do your research. It's fairly simple to look up concurrent players on Steam, and that doesn't even include non Steam users. If you personally aren't having fun with a game, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY. Are you really so insecure that you need the validation of others to play a game? Grow up.

Anointedone
Oct 28, 2019 20:15:29 PM

DEAD

zeldzioszka
Oct 28, 2019 23:46:40 PM

I don't know. But there are ppl quitting because they claim that the league is shit, because of dieing to one shot attack, dieing because of lag, quitting because of trade, etc. If more and more players abandon this game, at some point there won't be more than around a thousand players online.

I don't think this game is designed to have 100k players online like other games. The servers wouldn't sustain that much traffic I belive.

Literally dead? No. Dieing? yes.

Oct 29, 2019 05:02:22 AM

Every league has it's initial huge peak then huge down swing. All the money is made during the initial hype/release of packs. Nothing new, eventually people get to a point where currency doesn't even matter.

poeGT
Oct 29, 2019 07:42:57 AM

"
DarkJen wrote:

Its now just starting to eat proper competition with other games.

Things that make you go wot.

DamageIncorporated
Oct 29, 2019 07:58:00 AM

"
"
DarkJen wrote:

Its now just starting to eat proper competition with other games.

Things that make you go wot.

It is. Majority of our large poe guild playing currently other cool game what free of poe issues: having large and nonlaggy towns, beautifil locations, noncluttered combat, no oneshots at all, AH, huge world with very different locations, dungeons, islands, abysses and heights. And it is already have beautifully made and working optimization so its runs fine despite it is in beta.

And good social part.
Guess why we not playing poe.
Its just sukz now in compare. And delivers more pain than fun. Poe now even refuses to load itself properly, its in so bad shape. And netcode is below any imagination with so much DCs and server crashes. I actually found this new game better in like everything and suits alot more for entertaining purposes than poe, when I finish my workday and wanna have fun and some adventure. Works fine. Im not gonna advert it, just sayin the fact. Devs politics and decisions brought poe to this level. No worrys.

So?

DarkJen
Oct 29, 2019 08:05:46 AM
  • Prev
  • Next