Forum Index General Discussion Is gaem daed already?

History

Legit question.

Gaem has been dying since 2013. So is it daed yet? Any insights?

Im reading yall.

-peace-

IronSteel
Oct 28, 2019 06:18:09 AM

I don't think a game ever dies. For a good examples of what happens to a online game look at games like Gunbound.

It suffers much much more before it ever gets close to the coming of age.

*Eats Vanilla Wafers*

Knivingdude
Oct 28, 2019 06:35:53 AM

"
Knivingdude wrote:
I don't think a game ever dies. For a good examples of what happens to a online game look at games like Gunbound.

It suffers much much more before it ever gets close to the coming of age.

*Eats Vanilla Wafers*

Its now just starting to eat proper competition with other games. Friends I know in poe and guildmates are now mostly playing other games. Especially one, released just yday.

DarkJen
Oct 28, 2019 06:51:13 AM

"
Knivingdude wrote:
I don't think a game ever dies.

retail wow says otherwise.. most of the servers are empty, barely groups for activities much much less than it used to be.

no company is safe.. not even poe and tencentggg.

Xystre
Oct 28, 2019 07:50:07 AM

The game is not dead. It is at the stage of income consolidation. As Wilson said some time ago, to prosper financially game needs 10,000 paying customers. Over the past few months, there has been a selection of these clients. GGG tested how a bad and malfunctioning expansion could be released, to simultaneously maintain the number of 10,000 customers and ensure that only the most dedicated and regularly paying customers remain at the game.

Looking at the statistics from Steamcharts and the appearance of the PoE forum - it succeeded. Even a poor and buggy league still has an average of 16,000 players and in the forum this game is criticized only by those players who no longer play it. The rest is happy and pays :)

srogi_kotek
Oct 28, 2019 07:56:05 AM

gaem is daed

xMustard
Oct 28, 2019 07:59:36 AM

"
IronSteel wrote:
So is it daed yet?

Of course it is. Anything else would be preposterous. Stone cold daed. No one is playing. No one will ever be playing.

Might aswell just do a mobile version.

Phrazz
Oct 28, 2019 08:10:35 AM

gaem is sotne kold daed
(actually still getting plenty of trades so maybe not lol)

HeManNZ
Oct 28, 2019 10:01:01 AM

"
HeManNZ wrote:

Me too!

But get your facts straight; "Game is daed" threads are never about reality. Even though this thread is ironic (I hope), dead-threads are often about:

"I don't particulary like this league/the state of the game, and everyone feels the same way as I do, hence; the game must be dead"

Phrazz
Oct 28, 2019 10:07:51 AM

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
HeManNZ wrote:

Me too!

Be glad!
You 2 are the rest who stays in market! Time to monopolize! xDDD

DarkJen
Oct 28, 2019 10:24:47 AM
  • Next