Forum Index General Discussion I know what's wrong with this game.

History

"
Xystre wrote:
reminder that there's some names in this forum that praise this game because it's "hard" when it's just grind and learn from mistakes.

How hard is any game when you've played it for thousands of hours over several years? How hard is any game when you've mastered every mechanics of every boss and monster? How hard is any loot/progression based game when you know every strength/weakness of every class, every unique and every node of the passive tree?

Power creep wil happen to every evolving ARPG. It's inevitble. Did GGG drink too much of the power creep coolaid? Arguably. But the game is still hard for new players for a very long time; especially in hard core (indirectly).

The balance between skills and gear in this genre is VERY difficult, because the whole point of your gear is to become as powerful as you can. So where do we balance between skills and gear? If the game becomes too "skill based", your gear gets devalued. And if the game is too "gear based", your skills are devalued.

So I could probably say that for a "majority" of the player base, PoE is a difficult game, both when it comes to gearing and mechanics. For me and you (and other veterans)? Not so much. But if the game was to still be difficult for veterans, it would be near impossible for newer players.

Phrazz
Oct 29, 2019 08:48:57 AM

I know too. It needs more cowbell.

The_Impeacher
Oct 29, 2019 20:48:57 PM

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
I know too. It needs more cowbell.

Cowbell would just cause a crash.

Meh, completely lost interest in this game for now. Bugs, poor performance...tried playing a few days ago after a month off and had to make myself complete two white maps before quitting due to tedium.

Likely will uninstall and check back with 4.0

Having fun elsewhere.

Mythreindeer
Nov 03, 2019 12:19:31 PM

"
Mythreindeer wrote:
Having fun elsewhere.

Where is that?

Exile009
Nov 03, 2019 12:24:02 PM
  • Prev