Forum Index Announcements Blight Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

History

"
IamLoco wrote:
Don´t act so surprised, GGG.
Your "nerf the fun" philosophy works as intended.
If you wanted more build diversity, you shouldn´t nerf the "meta" every single fucking leage. Just leave it alone.

If you hadn´t started over-nerfing EVERY FUCKING build that people enjoy(ed), you would now have a huge pool of possibilities to choose from.

You dumped Cyclone in the dirt (after of course selling cyclone mtx, of course) and now you´re wondering why no one plays slayer or berserker?

BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE FRUSTRATED WITH YOUR SHIT!

Are you honestly not realising this?

Your long term players are turning away from you and this nerf-orgy. You are in the process of messing up the whole game.

I´ve personally decided to at least take a long break from PoE after last league because of this reason. I see no purpose in playing a game "that is designed to be played forever (big lol)" and at the same time having to trash my favourite builds every few months because you decided we have too much fun with a certain class or skill.

I don't 100% agree but there's actually some truth in what you say : it's been a long time since I've not purchased a skill-based MTX because I know at some point this skill will be nerfed and sent to oblivion. It happened to me once or twice in the past (last example that comes to my mind is when I bought the ligntning MTX just before spark was nerfed, and I never really used it until years after when arc was boosted). Lesson learnt : I'm still spending points from time to time, but only in reliable and generic MTXs.

FNX_Heroes
Oct 21, 2019 09:32:39 AM

Does it really make sense to release a challenge statistic although the league last several more weeks?

juyevon
Oct 21, 2019 09:54:16 AM

"You are making me nervous!"
"Don not let them reach Necromancer's pump!"

Patrician
Oct 21, 2019 09:54:29 AM

"
Shadowstorm wrote:

But what brought Deadeye up to the top, enough to beat out the jack-of-all-trades ascendancies: Trickster and Elementalist?


Because of a particular bow build with some very specific gear that makes ranger the most ridiculous DPS monster ever. Hint: you can thank Legion. Its crazy expensive though, i've invested at least 10ex so far and its not even halfway ready to be tested even. And thats the budget version.

equex1
Oct 21, 2019 10:27:45 AM

"
dachoppa wrote:
oh i was hoping that this post was about the player retention of this league


what is this "retention" you are talking about? /s

Tiitz
Oct 21, 2019 10:33:48 AM

bow raider incoming for 3.9

pr13st
Oct 21, 2019 10:42:28 AM

"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:
Don´t act so surprised, GGG.
Your "nerf the fun" philosophy works as intended.
If you wanted more build diversity, you shouldn´t nerf the "meta" every single fucking leage. Just leave it alone.

If you hadn´t started over-nerfing EVERY FUCKING build that people enjoy(ed), you would now have a huge pool of possibilities to choose from.

You dumped Cyclone in the dirt (after of course selling cyclone mtx, of course) and now you´re wondering why no one plays slayer or berserker?

BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE FRUSTRATED WITH YOUR SHIT!

Are you honestly not realising this?

Your long term players are turning away from you and this nerf-orgy. You are in the process of messing up the whole game.

I´ve personally decided to at least take a long break from PoE after last league because of this reason. I see no purpose in playing a game "that is designed to be played forever (big lol)" and at the same time having to trash my favourite builds every few months because you decided we have too much fun with a certain class or skill.

I don't 100% agree but there's actually some truth in what you say : it's been a long time since I've not purchased a skill-based MTX because I know at some point this skill will be nerfed and sent to oblivion. It happened to me once or twice in the past (last example that comes to my mind is when I bought the ligntning MTX just before spark was nerfed, and I never really used it until years after when arc was boosted). Lesson learnt : I'm still spending points from time to time, but only in reliable and generic MTXs.

I fully agree though. The main reason i didn't bought minion MTX this league is because i knew they will just obliterate the class next league.

GGG likes to force metas on players then act surprise that everyone enjoys the new class and too many play it and destroys it in all possible ways that it will be worse even then before. And surprise surprise, all those MTX you bought are then useless.

You can't enjoy a class anymore. Not unless GGG decides it to be the new meta.

META = viable
non-META = non-viable

GGG likes to keep 99% of skills broken instead of allowing players to have fun with all builds.

PayneK
Oct 21, 2019 10:57:41 AM

"
Summoner wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing challenge completion rates at lvl 70+, lvl 90+, and PC vs PS4 vs Xbox.

If there's a way to do so, also for people who played HC or SSF exclusively.


they'll give you the exact same stats as always, and nothing else ^^

LMTR14
Oct 21, 2019 11:03:20 AM

No statistics on the amount of challenges completed on console exclusively? I'd love to see how many other people try to complete all challenges on console.

I just need to find an Aul to get 40/40...

Pandakak
Oct 21, 2019 11:05:48 AM

"
Jerle wrote:
I don’t think this trend of forced meta is healthy. GGG needs to do more nuanced balancing.


We don’t care. Have a nice day!

:D

n3wtonapple
Oct 21, 2019 11:16:25 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 17
  • 18
  • Next