Forum Index General Discussion How is this considered "trading"?

History

Not an actual trade since you can get something for free and don't have to actually give anything up. Just because it's apprechiated doesn't mean anything.

Olympiacoz
Oct 21, 2019 07:03:23 AM

hah finally they started to act against ppl spam LF-ing 820. man that's obnoxious.

pr13st
Oct 21, 2019 08:54:34 AM

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
Not an actual trade since you can get something for free and don't have to actually give anything up. Just because it's apprechiated doesn't mean anything.

there are plenty of people lurking the channel for offers, players posting requests usually get put on ignore.

if you're spamming with requests and additionally wanna pay for offers, you're not only encouraging those players who wait to also spam the channel, you're trying to best them by snatching offers before they get them.

another problem is that players use tools to watch the logfile to get alerted if somebody offers stuff they want. those tools don't work if some ignorants abuse the channel by posting "looking for x" stuff.

but to answer your question, if you state "will tip" and don't do so, you're prone to be reported by the other player and ggg flags your account for scamming. even more so if they automatised the process cause their 20 support people can't handle the "scamming" spam.

vio
Oct 21, 2019 14:02:49 PM

I don't understand this "will tip" crowd, to be honest...

Have we really become so fucking focused on "efficiency" and "worth our time" calculation, that simply helping another player without expecting anything in return, no longer exists?

johnKeys
Oct 21, 2019 14:15:41 PM

"
johnKeys wrote:
I don't understand this "will tip" crowd, to be honest...

Have we really become so fucking focused on "efficiency" and "worth our time" calculation, that simply helping another player without expecting anything in return, no longer exists?

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer is that the items/events/portals are limited thus creating demand with limited supply. The seeking player willing to tip might get "service" faster.

DarthSki44
Oct 21, 2019 15:48:51 PM

Well, that's like you're saying "I donate you some money if you help me with this specific problem". Only because you don't directly lable this as trade, it still is one.

@johnKeys If I offer something, I usually write "tips welcome" and that's it. Many people just saying thx (if they are that polite) there are also some nice guys around there.
But I wouldn't expect something in exchange unless I've got some bigger investment myself (e.g. perandus manison completition).

Judaspriester
Oct 21, 2019 15:54:13 PM

"
aggromagnet wrote:
There are plenty of people who happily report the most trivial of rules violations

It isn't about people's sensitivity to rules violations. In global 820 the channel is about helping others - for free. At times the channel will fill up with people wanting to buy or sell things (including gear) and it is difficult to see anything but the repeated "offers".

There are trade channels for people trading. Global 820 is one of the better things about Path of Exile. People get reminded and warned, yet they keep on spamming their "offers."

These people are a plague at times.

DalaiLama
Oct 21, 2019 16:11:26 PM

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
There are plenty of people who happily report the most trivial of rules violations

It isn't about people's sensitivity to rules violations. In global 820 the channel is about helping others - for free. At times the channel will fill up with people wanting to buy or sell things (including gear) and it is difficult to see anything but the repeated "offers".

There are trade channels for people trading. Global 820 is one of the better things about Path of Exile. People get reminded and warned, yet they keep on spamming their "offers."

These people are a plague at times.

820 used to be an incredible place, full of goodwill. Just over time, rare instances and achievements have created too much demand (challenges & hideouts).

This causes some "buyers" to act like its trade because the availability is so low. Then on the backend there is some greed involved due to the offers. I always say tips welcome, but again there are only 5-6 portals, so offers roll in. I operate on first come, first invite, but I can see how getting large currency offers could make people think twice.

DarthSki44
Oct 21, 2019 16:24:46 PM

"
trixxar wrote:
Definitely a bot, sending a general warning to anyone who is reported.

This thread will of course be locked because instead of being transparent, its better to hide everything ??

Hilariously, your post prevented the thread from being immediately locked.

gibbousmoon
Oct 21, 2019 17:45:49 PM

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
Definitely a bot, sending a general warning to anyone who is reported.

This thread will of course be locked because instead of being transparent, its better to hide everything ??

Hilariously, your post prevented the thread from being immediately locked.

Even more hilarious that bots are so bad and uncontrolled, that GGG has decided to just join them.

"Hmm maybe they got something here with all these bots..."

DarthSki44
Oct 21, 2019 17:49:56 PM
  • Prev
  • Next