Forum Index Bug Reports Game Crashes, Dumps To Login Screen, Cannot Access Instance When Returning #3173562420

History

Bug report number 3173562420 (and 309480647). Sorry, I accidentally did the /bug report twice).

This issue has been plaguing me for this entire league.

This is a serious problem, that has caused me to lose valuable maps. In this case, I lost out on the rewards from the abyss, specifically I was hoping to get one of those "Stygian Vise" belts.

Today, this happened when I was doing map Volcano. I had found an abyss, and the abyss had given me a portal. I was in the abyss portal, having just gotten to the final boss, and was doing that when the crash happened. As usual, when I returned, I could re-enter the map Volcano, but when I would then click on the abyss portal, it would say: "Cannot connect to instance. That subarea no longer exists."

The screenshot shows me attempting to re-enter the Abyss Portal after having logged back in, and returned to my Volcano map.

I believe it also happened earlier this week. On that occasion, it happened when I was in my hideout. When I tried to log back in, it would not allow me to re-enter my hideout. I eventually resolved that one by logging out, and then logging back in on a different gateway (Texas). However, I am not sure this was the same problem, because eventually I could not even log back in to the Washington DC gateway at all.

Answers to the list of questions:

I am playing on PC platform, Windows 10 Operating System (with all current updates).

This problem happened at about 3:10PM EDST on October 20, 2019.

I was using the Washington DC gateway. This problem also once happened when I was playing with another person - it happened to us both simultaneously - he was using the Texas gateway.

No error message is displayed at the time of crash. However, when I get back to the instance I was in when the crash happened, it says: "Cannot connect to instance. That subarea no longer exists."

I am being dumped back to the login screen.

I cannot reproduce the problem 100% of the time, but it happens about 2 times per week.

I am connected on a cabled connection to a DSL modem. I doubt my connection has anything to do with this, because it once happened to two of us who were playing simultaneously, living 1,000 miles apart, connecting via different ISP's. different modems, and different gateways.

darktree921
Oct 20, 2019 21:48:39 PM

Hello,

I don't know if anyone at GGG is viewing this.

As I progress higher in map Tiers, this bug is becoming more and more intolerable.

In the past day, I have lost 2 red maps, and the associated currency to create a rare and corrupt map, because the game crashes and dumps me to the login screen.

It used to be if you had a random disconnect on the internet - which I understand can happen sometimes - at least the portals would still be present when you would return to your map device. So, a burp in the internet would cost you one portal - but you could still finish the map.

But now, even if the portals are still present, they cannot be used. And sometimes (today, for example) the portals are not even available.

This is making very difficult to progress further, and is ruining the game for me.

I have been playing for many seasons, and never had a problem this bad before.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this problem!

darktree921
Oct 27, 2019 16:28:00 PM