Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Players who post items w/ no intention to trade just to advertise their Twitch channel.

History

Works like this - the player in question posts items in a public trade tab where the title of the tab is the URL for their Twitch channel. Sometimes the strategy is to post items of wide interest typically priced low enough to draw mass attention, sometimes the strategy is to just use the public tab(s) as a dumping ground for every item they find. Then as the trade requests messages come in the player ignores them leaving the other party to stare at their Twitch URL in the chat box.

I've watched a few streamers do this, some popular ones but wont name & shame they know they are, and my conclusion is that what I'm seeing is an intentional act of abusing the trade system for the purposes of advertisement. Now some will say these players are too busy streaming to trade and while that may be true it doesn't preclude my conclusion, IMO it proves it.

But in lieu of the support team having to subjectively assess and prove this conclusion themselves could not a rule by made that bans the inclusion of Twitch URL's in the public tab text? That way the incentive for the behavior itself is removed.

elesham4ever
Oct 20, 2019 12:16:15 PM

Automatic sell tab will solve this. As many price fixers. Just sort out those offers who is not selling automatically. Problem solved.

DarkJen
Oct 20, 2019 13:01:28 PM

"
DarkJen wrote:
Automatic sell tab will solve this. As many price fixers. Just sort out those offers who is not selling automatically. Problem solved.

As much as I'd like to see it happen, it's never going to because of mUh TrAdE mAnIfEsTo.

To the OP: If you haven't already, I suggest you switch over to using the official trade site and just use the ignore button to block the offenders' listings. Whether they're price fixing, never have time to sell, or looking for a cheap way to shill their crappy channel (let's be honest, you're probably bad if you advertise this way), they will no longer clutter your listing while you search for an item to buy.

Pizzarugi
Oct 20, 2019 16:35:12 PM

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
DarkJen wrote:

As much as I'd like to see it happen, it's never going to because of mUh TrAdE mAnIfEsTo.

Yeah, it may actually borrow GGG part of PoE.
Tencent part is already gone too far at QoL part of this game.
Already!

DarkJen
Oct 20, 2019 19:05:31 PM

"
DarkJen wrote:

That just has bad idea written all over it. You're currently in control over your items and gear. Why would you give that up? What if you accidentally dropped that nice 10ex Watcher's Eye into a ~b/o tab? The bots would swoop it up instantly.

jack_aubrey
Oct 20, 2019 22:51:25 PM

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
To the OP: If you haven't already, I suggest you switch over to using the official trade site and just use the ignore button to block the offenders' listings. Whether they're price fixing, never have time to sell, or looking for a cheap way to shill their crappy channel (let's be honest, you're probably bad if you advertise this way), they will no longer clutter your listing while you search for an item to buy.

I do this from time to time when I'm convinced there's no hope in making the trade and I just want to stop wasting my time. While I like the concept of what is basically us 'community policing' the trade system I think most of us would ultimately prefer GGG making the sort of changes that can bring a broader fix to the annoyances we face.

This makes me think of just how much effort and man-hours they invest in moderating the chat box handing down mutes whenever players talk about politics or make vulgar jokes. We could just community police the chat box with the the ignore function but their support team devotes considerable resources to doing that for us in the name of the health of the game.

In my opinion the health of the trading system is far more important than the chat boxes are so I'm asking GGG to throw some of that moderation muscle at this particular problem.

elesham4ever
Oct 21, 2019 06:36:19 AM

"
jack_aubrey wrote:
"
DarkJen wrote:

That just has bad idea written all over it. You're currently in control over your items and gear. Why would you give that up? What if you accidentally dropped that nice 10ex Watcher's Eye into a ~b/o tab? The bots would swoop it up instantly.

Nooo, its actually good idea. Just add there this kind of selling type. And let what we have now stay. Sure if automatic sales would be forced - it will be disaster, but if this be a choice player can make - its entirely different situation. Perfectly fits fot minor stuff like fragments, maps, 1 alch uniques, etc.

DarkJen
Oct 22, 2019 08:12:17 AM