Forum Index General Discussion Why does self found have to be solo?

History

"
xMustard wrote:
you can still play that - just refuse to trade. even if trade is available to you doesn't mean you can't be self-found.

also you could probably do some type of private league

I can vouch for this because i pretty much with the exception of certain key items in builds try my best to either craft or find my items i use. However i do sell everything that isn't bolted down though.. Gotta fund those crafting endeavors somehow after all. But point is you do not have to be in SSF just to restrict trade.

The whole thing with SSF is nothing more than "Bragging Rights" anyway. I made this awesome and otherwise somewhat expensive build without buying a single thing the whole way.. In the end though its nothing more than a self induced time sink added to the game.

Just makes things like gear progression much slower therefore making the game much slower which some older players whos played for many years enjoy. Its reminiscent of POE times of old where things were much slower and making capable builds harder.

Nothing wrong with doing so btw to each their own. Just not my bag i already self induce enough restrictions upon myself when making builds.

Demonoz
Oct 20, 2019 16:06:41 PM

"
Demonoz wrote:

The whole thing with SSF is nothing more than "Bragging Rights" anyway.

This is a big mis-conception.

DoubleU
Oct 20, 2019 17:35:17 PM

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

It's pretty close to the truth though. I played SSF exclusively before there was a mode made for it and didn't care a lick as to whether people believed me or not. Now, with the mode enabled, I play the same way but have the ability to show people I do. Bragging rights. The mode enables that.

It is however not the REASON for SFF. The reason for playing that way is that I can't abide cheating, and trading with players, or having them join you, opens up the likelihood that you're cheating by proxy.

Shagsbeard
Oct 20, 2019 18:00:12 PM

There was a minor debate on this when SSF leagues were created. Very minor. People had been wanting a self found and/or solo league for a long time. There were some people, like me, who thought it should have been self found but not solo.

When GGG finally made the league, it was solo. It's not a big deal though. As everyone says, you can voluntarily do it in the trade league.

I did SSF for a few leagues after it came out. Then switched back to trade league, just to give myself the option if I really wanted to buy something. Since moving back to trade league, I think the only thing I've bought was an item to fulfill a fated prophecy.

So just play a trade league and set to perm allocation.

harddaysnight
Oct 20, 2019 20:04:49 PM

"
Asmosis wrote:
People have no self control these days.

back in my day we didn't need an option to play self found, we simply did it. We didnt complain about doing it while we were doing it either if it was hard, because that was the point.

+1

PyleWarlord
Oct 20, 2019 22:03:48 PM

I'll +1 that too. None of us SSF players asked for the separate mode. It was added and we said "great". The players who requested it were simply looking for a way to show off.

Shagsbeard
Oct 20, 2019 22:18:42 PM

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

If I found a mirror in SSF I would certainly brag about it :) Also challenges

jack_aubrey
Oct 20, 2019 22:30:19 PM

"
jack_aubrey wrote:

Mirror of Kalandra
-
  • Creates a mirrored copy of an item

• :P.

I think Shags has one too. An eternal emblem for the irony of fate.

tweedledee111
    Oct 20, 2019 22:47:11 PM

"
    tweedledee111 wrote:
    "
    jack_aubrey wrote:

Mirror of Kalandra
    -
  • Creates a mirrored copy of an item

• :P.

I think Shags has one too. An eternal emblem for the irony of fate.

Nice. I don't think I could resist moving that into regular league/standard honestly.

jack_aubrey
    Oct 20, 2019 22:54:05 PM

Thanks for the replies! I'm not afraid to admit it, I do want the official seal of approval next to my name or as you called it "bragging rights" :3
    It's just not worth to play solo just for that so I wish there was a way to have it in multiplayer

Bezow
    Oct 20, 2019 22:56:46 PM
  • Prev
  • Next