Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Card rarity - does every single character really need 10 Whispering Ice?

History

The Incantation
-
  • {The Whispering Ice}
  • When there is no other choice, even the meekest whisper can bring about the greatest storm.

I've already sold 20+ of these. Staves, not cards. ,_,

Can we have another look at card rarity, like these?

I understand that sSf bTw crowd needs a way to find their build enabling uniques, but do they really need to be able to get these uniques in a single map run?
    It isn't impossible to get 8 of these from a single map.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to point out other useless/common cards like these, but other examples include:

The Flora's Gift
    The Metalsmith's Gift (who's idea was this, even? Is it really that hard to get Prismatic ring? .---.)
    The Lunaris Priestess
    The Carrion Crow (aka the most useless card ever created)

Perq
    Oct 19, 2019 22:27:34 PM

- 10 Whispering ice items might not be enough to get perfect rolls ( likely not, but there should be 2 or 3 correct ones I guess ).

- It's all RNG, just because you are farming Burial Chambers for HH ( I find it funny and silly that people still do that ) does not mean that common cards should be changed imo.

I also have

The Watcher
    -
  • {Crown of Eyes}
  • {Strange eyes on top of spines

Gaze beyond the veil of time

Deep down below the mines

A dream of crimson and of grime}

and will likely get more of these, if I don't want to see them I will just hide them in my loot filter.
    I don't like advocate for loot filter usage, but you're talking about common drops while farming a specific tileset with a fully geared character, so what do you expect ?

This just cannot be helped, it's like asking GGG to lower the droprate of portal scroll because you'd be using a portal gem ...

"
    Perq wrote:

And it isn't impossible to get a Mirror of Kalandra drop.

Fruz
    Oct 20, 2019 03:56:34 AM

Why would you bring up The Flora's Gift in this. Literally everybody wants as many of them as they can possibly get.

Unless that person doesn't like fusings for some reason.

BloodPuddles420
    Oct 20, 2019 05:40:31 AM

But Flora's Gift only has 5-linked sockets (and not 6-sockets or even 6-linked) and gives only a scroll fragment!

Th69
    Oct 20, 2019 10:22:58 AM

"
    Th69 wrote:
    But Flora's Gift only has 5-linked sockets (and not 6-sockets or even 6-linked) and gives only a scroll fragment!

No, it's always a five-linked six socket staff.

BloodPuddles420
    Oct 20, 2019 10:33:38 AM

"
    Why would you bring up The Flora's Gift in this. Literally everybody wants as many of them as they can possibly get.

Unless that person doesn't like fusings for some reason.

That's a great point I've never bothered cashing them in because I was thinking "I don't need a 5 link staff", but you're right it has 6 sockets, so we can get orbs of fusing instead - far more useful.

51R3N
    Oct 21, 2019 08:54:08 AM

You want enough of the more common cards to drop so even casual players will get to turn in at least a few stacks during a league.

Cyzax
    Oct 21, 2019 12:12:34 PM

"
    Perq wrote:
    The Incantation
    -
  • {The Whispering Ice}
  • When there is no other choice, even the meekest whisper can bring about the greatest storm.

I've already sold 20+ of these. Staves, not cards. ,_,

Can we have another look at card rarity, like these?

I understand that sSf bTw crowd needs a way to find their build enabling uniques, but do they really need to be able to get these uniques in a single map run?

I'm pretty sure I don't have to point out other useless/common cards like these, but other examples include:

The Flora's Gift
    The Metalsmith's Gift (who's idea was this, even? Is it really that hard to get Prismatic ring? .---.)
    The Lunaris Priestess
    The Carrion Crow (aka the most useless card ever created)

There's no reason not to pick these up since they yield at least one Alchemy Orb for selling the staff.

Also, why out of all possible arguments would you pick on SSF players?

Obviously, less good cards drop more frequently. After all, your loot filter also filters most white items, doesn't it?

If you don't want to see them, filter them out. End of story.

ArtCrusade
    Oct 21, 2019 12:22:05 PM