Forum Index General Discussion As GGG is owned by TenCent..

History

"
xMustard wrote:
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"It's okay for ME as long as MY views don't get censored by megacorp social media tech giants, but those other people that I personally disagree with are such total dicks!!! the "conservatives" X whoever i disagree with deserve it!! God forbid let's not ever have a discussion!!! But generic monologue that i just so happen to be a part of gets a free pass!" -- "If you don't like censorship just alter your opinion to fit what i consider to be perfect!!"

Disgusting.

do even you know what my view is? lol, no, you don't

you don't have to have a bias in this game, ya know. i very easily see the hypocrisy on both sides of the fence.

It was clear in plain text what you wrote, still doesn't change that your one-way-street totalitarian rhetoric is wholly disgusting nonetheless. Rest assured If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be crying so hard mate.

"
Phrazz wrote:
That was the longest strawman I've ever seen. Good job polluting everything he said. You sir, are a great man.

Lol'd @ "polluting". As if calling someone out on sitting there snidely justifying censorship of everyone he personally disagrees with on any level is a strawman and ridiculing people's bank accts getting shut down for no good reason, lol yeah right. When only a literal vengeful psychopath would harbor such disgusting views.

Olympiacoz
Oct 21, 2019 09:53:30 AM

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
Lol'd @ "polluting". As if calling someone out on sitting there snidely justifying censorship of everyone he personally disagrees with on any level is a strawman, lol yeah right.

That's not what he said or did, though. He even said cencorship was bad. But he made the mistake of thinking people would understand his view without screaming "CENCORSHIP IZ BAD".

I'm all for free speech, of course. I'm also for online forums to have rules to funnel discussion on topic. Free speech is the most misunderstood and misused sentence of all time.

Phrazz
Oct 21, 2019 10:16:08 AM

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
Lol'd @ "polluting". As if calling someone out on sitting there snidely justifying censorship of everyone he personally disagrees with on any level is a strawman, lol yeah right.

That's not what he said or did, though. He even said cencorship was bad. But he made the mistake of thinking people would understand his view without screaming "CENCORSHIP IZ BAD".

I'm all for free speech, of course. I'm also for online forums to have rules to funnel discussion on topic. Free speech is the most misunderstood and misused sentence of all time.

You clearly forgot the sickening part where he ridicules and snidely tries to "justify" to us that it was/is in any way "legitimate" that people's bank accounts get terminated for 'disagreeing with the narrative'/no good reason, when only a literal vengeful psychopath would harbor such disgusting views. As long as it's not his personal bank of course he'll keep pushing for his 1984 "utopia" I'm sure.

Olympiacoz
Oct 21, 2019 10:24:32 AM

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Olympiacoz wrote:

You clearly forgot the sickening part where he ridicules and snidely tries to "justify" to us that it was/is in any way "legitimate" that people's bank accounts get terminated for 'disagreeing with the narrative'/no good reason, when only a literal vengeful psychopath would harbor such disgusting views. As long as it's not his personal bank of course he'll keep pushing for his 1984 "utopia" I'm sure.

Lol, he immediately afterwards, in the same post, admitted that was a bad example. Then switched to making a really good point.

BloodPuddles420
Oct 21, 2019 10:47:09 AM

"
HelicanV wrote:
Can we expect our chats to be censored and accounts banned ala Blizzard for wrongspeak?

wrongspeak? is that some kind of Xchan vocabulary? Can i use any word as prefix for speak? goodspeak, badspeak, idiotspeak? and what exactly has the ownership of tencent to do with the blizzard banning story? Is this an us reflex to anything attacking their sovereignty(currently china). You know pooling the perceived evil^^

On topic through: There are the TOS and the code of conduct. Everything you want to know will be found there.

tsunamikun
Oct 21, 2019 12:29:55 PM

"

Lol, he immediately afterwards, in the same post, admitted that was a bad example. Then switched to making a really good point.

No he didn't as far as i can tell.

I mean i ignored it and didn't respond to it, but the fact somebody would think it's "ok" to not give access to things like mastercard and visa(and affiliates) for a political opinion or affiliation is disturbing.

We aren't talking about a terrorist group here either, for which a legitimate case could be made.

I don't agree with olympiacoz either though, the way he makes a karikature of Mustard is just an auto tribal response.

Using words like disgust or filth when it comes to another human being means you swallowed the "its us vs them" rhetoric whole-sale and are viewing stuff through a lens of animosity.
It means a complete lack of nuance.

Nobody gains from rhetoric like that, but it doesn't excuse the insensitive nature of mustards remark either because he did the exact same thing there.

Pretending those conservatives that got their access cut off don't have family's or other people dependant on them just like liberals and progressives do. As if they have no justification for raising the issue and being extremely sensitive or disgruntled in such a situation.

Nuance for both sides is a good thing, they are ultimately all just people.

Peace,

-Boem-

Boem
Oct 21, 2019 12:51:00 PM

"
tsunamikun wrote:
"
HelicanV wrote:
Can we expect our chats to be censored and accounts banned ala Blizzard for wrongspeak?

wrongspeak? is that some kind of Xchan vocabulary? Can i use any word as prefix for speak? goodspeak, badspeak, idiotspeak? and what exactly has the ownership of tencent to do with the blizzard banning story? Is this an us reflex to anything attacking their sovereignty(currently china). You know pooling the perceived evil^^

On topic through: There are the TOS and the code of conduct. Everything you want to know will be found there.

Not sure if you wanted to demonstrate you don't know the reference, but in that case you suceeded?

It's a term derived from "newspeak" that orwel used to demonstrate how you can shift the definition of a word by constantly using it for the opposite in his novel 1984.

For example, in that novel there is an institute called "the institution of love and peace" which is actually the institution that handless warfare and torture.

It's the same technique utilized today when people call ben shapiro a nazi for example or bernie sanders a communist. It hollows out the actual meaning of those terms by constantly applying them to innacurate things or their opposites.

Another example would be turkey invading northern syria and calling the operation "peace spring", which is also the exact opposite of what they are doing in that region as demonstrated by the current body count.

Peace,

-Boem-

Boem
Oct 21, 2019 13:06:51 PM

Not that it's relevant, but I was actually in a movie called "Evilspeak". Horrible film. They filmed it in my home town and hired a bunch of us as extras.

Shagsbeard
Oct 21, 2019 13:14:46 PM

"
xMustard wrote:
"
HelicanV wrote:

what would you like to say?

you know what i think is funny. when all these conservatives and people scream about censorship.

Why are you taking a particular political standpoint on this by identifying a particular political viewpoint?

Did you not read the GGG Code of Conduct?

Please do not:

● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments

● Discuss inflammatory topics, such as Politics or Religion

DalaiLama
Oct 21, 2019 16:02:24 PM

you don't want censorshit? same principle applies here as everywhere

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET

funny that political reasons would eventually add to my ever growing dislike of ggg

LMTR14
Oct 21, 2019 16:04:12 PM
  • Prev
  • Next