Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Auction house: Botting argument debunked

History

A capcha in PoE ? No wait ... captchaS, in PoE, while playing it ???
And then force player to go for challenges ( yes, having a much easier/faster version of trading only accessible through 20+ challenge is pretty much very very heavily pushing players to get those ) ?


Holy cow this is wrong on so many levels ...

"
Cyzax wrote:
Botting also has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons GGG won't implement an auction house...

and this.


"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
Oh, and what language did you use to make this wonder? Could you share a few lines of code with us?

Please stop, you are grossly underestimating computer science in general here.



PS : and yeah, there is no "debunking" here to begin with lol.

Fruz
Oct 20, 2019 03:44:04 AM

"
Fruz wrote:
A capcha in PoE ? No wait ... captchaS, in PoE, while playing it ???
And then force player to go for challenges ( yes, having a much easier/faster version of trading only accessible through 20+ challenge is pretty much very very heavily pushing players to get those ) ?


No one said captchas while playing, someone mentioned a minor challenge as we find in some of Zanna's missions but this is not the point of discussion here
Force the player to do challenges is a horrible idea no one is defending here
The subject actually drifted to how to stop bots

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:
Botting also has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons GGG won't implement an auction house...

and this.

"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
Oh, and what language did you use to make this wonder? Could you share a few lines of code with us?

Please stop, you are grossly underestimating computer science in general here.

PS : and yeah, there is no "debunking" here to begin with lol.


I work as a programmer I know how to make macros and bots and it's not easy at all like many people think. Even a simple captcha like I suggested (only to buy items) would probably take years to overcome, and there're several other measures not discussed here that can also easily stop bots

CyberWizardB5
Oct 20, 2019 14:22:04 PM

Nice idea so because i didn't enjoy this league and decided to skip or take a break till next league i should be punished next League even if its one i would enjoy? Because Bots?

What a fascinating idea...

Just another one of the many reasons GGG dont take these forums seriously...

Demonoz
Oct 20, 2019 15:56:40 PM

"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
A capcha in PoE ? No wait ... captchaS, in PoE, while playing it ???
And then force player to go for challenges ( yes, having a much easier/faster version of trading only accessible through 20+ challenge is pretty much very very heavily pushing players to get those ) ?


No one said captchas while playing, someone mentioned a minor challenge as we find in some of Zanna's missions but this is not the point of discussion here
Force the player to do challenges is a horrible idea no one is defending here
The subject actually drifted to how to stop bots

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:
Botting also has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons GGG won't implement an auction house...

and this.

"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
Oh, and what language did you use to make this wonder? Could you share a few lines of code with us?

Please stop, you are grossly underestimating computer science in general here.

PS : and yeah, there is no "debunking" here to begin with lol.


I work as a programmer I know how to make macros and bots and it's not easy at all like many people think. Even a simple captcha like I suggested (only to buy items) would probably take years to overcome, and there're several other measures not discussed here that can also easily stop bots


"i work as a programmer" this is kinda impossible to believe.
the first bot to solve captchas might have taken a long time to be programmed,but its not something special anymore....
you know,once the knowledge is spread...

ciel289
Oct 20, 2019 19:33:56 PM

@ciel289
Each antibot measure requires its own decipher and any simple change in the antibot measure requires the decipher to change too. If the antibot measure is well programed it can easily have random elements enough to make bots useless

Computer programs know only to obey simple orders from the one who programmed them and it's extremely hard to a decipher programmer guess all the random possibilities an antibot measure contains without testing the program thousands of times (if not millions)

Make a decipher flexible enough to deal with even the smallest differences is much harder than introducing a small variation in the program to render it useless a small change in the antibot measure per league is more than enough to make any bot useless

CyberWizardB5
Oct 20, 2019 23:10:52 PM

"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:

I work as a programmer I know how to make macros and bots and it's not easy at all like many people think. Even a simple captcha like I suggested (only to buy items) would probably take years to overcome, and there're several other measures not discussed here that can also easily stop bots


when the first captchas came where algorithms failed, the guys just cut them out and presented them to people browsing some of their websites to enable them to see the next picture....


apart from that, if you browse the forums you will have noticed that there are guys playing who can't count to 10 chaos in trade screens. and the number of forumers droped significantly since this anti dos snakeoil company presents captchas before you login.

vio
Oct 20, 2019 23:45:45 PM

Just stop vouching for this action house garbage and drop it. You haven't experienced action houses ever in your life. Take games like runescape where a large amount of bored lowlifes and bots just try to reap the most profit off players by fking over prices meanwhile never actually playing the game. It just fucking sucks and it's not desirable.

There are some people in POE doing this already, but they are not many, in any case many let their their bots handle it. Because they're most likely playing the game.

And are you seriously saying i need to solve some damn puzzles just to trade with some guys? Thats a huge load of bs.

Any anti bot measures will easily be overcome with manual control until any puzzle is solved.

Idk what problem you ppl have with trading with other people.

Olympiacoz
Oct 21, 2019 07:47:50 AM

"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
I work as a programmer I know how to make macros and bots and it's not easy at all like many people think. Even a simple captcha like I suggested (only to buy items) would probably take years to overcome, and there're several other measures not discussed here that can also easily stop bots


- no, it would not take 'years' to overcome. Plus, needing to say that kind of thing in such a context "I'm a programmer, I know those things !" speaks quite a lot by itself, and not in a positive way imo.

- If you seriously suggested puting capcha into PoE, right in the middle of playing it ... no, ffs no. holy shit no. Making tedious a gaming experience ? Do you realize how ridiculous that is ?

"
Fruz wrote:
Holy cow this is wrong on so many levels ...



"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
Computer programs know only to obey simple orders from the one who programmed them

We're in the 21st century now, you seem to be stuck before that.


"
Olympiacoz wrote:
And are you seriously saying i need to solve some damn puzzles just to trade with some guys? Thats a huge load of bs.

Any anti bot measures will easily be overcome with manual control until any puzzle is solved.

Idk what problem you ppl have with trading with other people.

^
this

Fruz
Oct 21, 2019 08:45:26 AM

"
Fruz wrote:
- If you seriously suggested puting capcha into PoE, right in the middle of playing it ... no, ffs no. holy shit no. Making tedious a gaming experience ? Do you realize how ridiculous that is ?

No one said captchas in the middle of playing I'm defending anti-bot measures only to buy items and tedious experience is trading in this game, to say the least

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
And are you seriously saying i need to solve some damn puzzles just to trade with some guys? Thats a huge load of bs.

Any anti bot measures will easily be overcome with manual control until any puzzle is solved.

Idk what problem you ppl have with trading with other people.

Face to face trading would not change at all the anti-bot measures would be only to buy items in the automatic system

Any manual system offers no threat to the game economy the only problem comes from automatic systems that can be online 24/7

If other ppl didn't include scammers, price fixers, AFK/occupied people, spammers, toxic people who trade only to pick-pocket your maps, etc I would not have any problem trading with other people

CyberWizardB5
Oct 21, 2019 13:33:50 PM

"
Cyzax wrote:
Botting also has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons GGG won't implement an auction house...


They didn't want to implement "poe.trade" either, yet here we are.
Personally, I don't care either way, I can't afford good loot anyway. It's all priced toward RMT players and people that do not need the stuff anyway (looking at you Headhunter belt)

Ludak021
Oct 21, 2019 16:33:03 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Next