Forum Index General Discussion Sorry Chris, I gotta call BS on your "Path of Exile forever" video

History

When you said there is content in the game that only 10% of players get to and other players are like "Oh man I wish I was that good" that is NOT what we are thinking.

What do you need in order to do the end game content, that most of us never get to you ask?

1) Luck

You need a shitload of luck to either get the drops for gear you need or find gear/currency to trade for it (if not in SSF).

You need shitloads of luck getting your map drops. You know when I run 30 Channel maps and no Fungal map drops... apparently I need to just git gud right?

2) Time

It takes a goddamn horrendous amount of hours to get to any of this end game content. Honestly way too much in a short period of time as 3 months IMHO. Who has time to work 40 hours, study 20 hours and have enough hours left over to grind to the end game? People with no lives that's who.

You said "Streamers are usually the ones to get to end game content, cause they're 'GOOD'". LOL! They get there cause they do nothing but game all day every day and have the TIME to do it. I'm sure any one of us playing around the same amount of hours would be able to just as easily get to the end game content.

3) Skill / build knowledge

LAST but not least, NOW skill comes into play. IF you have the luck and have the time NOW you need to know how to build and how to play well.

So what we're thinking when we see people in end game content isn't "Gee I wish I was that good" ... is instead "God these people have no flipping lives".

Hell I actually don't even have a life and I STILL don't have time to get to all that fun looking end game content.

Edit:

I said it before and I'll say it again. The most fun I ever had in this game was Harbinger League where I easily solo'd my way up to the Shaper. It was the most fun I've ever had and never have been able to repeat that before or after that league.

Whatever the hell you guys did PUT IT BACK! I loved finding 5-6 maps almost EVERY SINGLE MAP! Most of which were either the same tier or HIGHER TIER! It was GLORIOUS!

RNGebus
Oct 17, 2019 04:27:19 AM

You forgot the PhD required to circumnavigate the atlas.

girng
Oct 17, 2019 04:34:48 AM

poe.map
problem solved

HeManNZ
Oct 17, 2019 04:43:34 AM

I would just vendor 3 x Cage maps for Fungal. If you get Ramparts instead, just put a few more Cage maps into the vendor screen and Fungal should show up.

Or just use Zana daily in any Tier 3 maps. There is a chance Zana will give you a quest on Fungal.

All the above don't take much effort. Definitely don't need 5 hours game play to achieve.

kira1414
Oct 17, 2019 04:47:13 AM

"
RNGebus wrote:

1) Luck

You need shitloads of luck getting your map drops. You know when I run 30 Channel maps and no Fungal map drops... apparently I need to just git gud right?

Wrong.
Your the type of guy that runs 5 channel maps, doesnt get what he wants and then makes angry threads.

Options you have to acquire completion of a low tier map:

1.) Vendoring 3 of the lower adjacent tier, they recently changed it so the outcome is random, every map on the atlas can now be acquired this way.

2.) Zana mission which can be spammed nowadays, they now count as completion and ignore your atlas progression in terms of drops.

3.) Zana map mod "alternate of the same tier"

4.) not running your maps white or blue and adding prophecies and sextants to your map.

5.) Zana selling maps, her inventory resets after each succesful mission or level up.

If you still cannot get the map then you should uninstall the game, because you are just a terrible and toxic player at this point.

"
RNGebus wrote:

2) Time

It takes a goddamn horrendous amount of hours to get to any of this end game content. Honestly way too much in a short period of time as 3 months IMHO. Who has time to work 40 hours, study 20 hours and have enough hours left over to grind to the end game? People with no lives that's who.

You said "Streamers are usually the ones to get to end game content, cause they're 'GOOD'". LOL! They get there cause they do nothing but game all day every day and have the TIME to do it. I'm sure any one of us playing around the same amount of hours would be able to just as easily get to the end game content.

The game is made by Grinding Gear Games.
Didnt you get the hint?

The game is intentionally not designed around casual, though the power creep and therefore player power has increased by 500% over the last year.
Whoever complains about the game being to difficult in 2019 is a really big noob in my opinion.

To finish every aspect of the game without rushing everything you need about 168 hours, in a 3 months period that would be ~2 hours a day.

So you are wrong about this too.

"
RNGebus wrote:

3) Skill / build knowledge

LAST but not least, NOW skill comes into play. IF you have the luck and have the time NOW you need to know how to build and how to play well.

So what we're thinking when we see people in end game content isn't "Gee I wish I was that good" ... is instead "God these people have no flipping lives".

Hell I actually don't even have a life and I STILL don't have time to get to all that fun looking end game content.

Well at least you are admitting to being a terrible player, tho this is obvious to everyone anyway, but considering HOW MANY build guides are out there, either in text or video form, HOW MANY tools and addons are out there to help you to progress/trade/plan your builds and compare items I think this is a problem that could be fixed.

Also if you would stop whining, people on this forum would actually help you out.

ALso considering the player power creep is so huge its almost IMPOSSIBLE to come up with a bad build these days.

If I may make a suggestion, you have 2 options from here on into the future:

Uninstall the game.

If the game is not for you, just stop playing it without making annoying and toxic threads like this and simply move on.
This is the option I would personally recommend and appreciate.

Become a better player.

You already admitted being terrible, now use the knowledge, ressources and usually helpful manner of the community to actually become a better player.
Research and lookup your options, follow a build guide and most importantly STOP complaining and comparing yourself to others.
Because this is only gonna make you feel like a loser.

Good Luck.

cheers.

KalHirol
Oct 17, 2019 05:07:45 AM

https://respoe.xyz/forum/view-thread/2665192

so far out of 50 maps Ive gotten 120 maps.

Stormswa
Oct 17, 2019 05:26:01 AM

"
KalHirol wrote:
If you still cannot get the map then you should uninstall the game, because you are just a terrible and toxic player at this point.

i think you should play SSF for a league and see how it goes. you can do all those things you listed for days on end and still not get the maps you're specifically looking for.

it is luck. or at least a massive chunk of it. for days on end, maybe its more on the tune of bad-luck. but you get the point.

i just recently got my Shore map completed, a t8, after doing all those things and more for essentially weeks.
i never got enough of the right map to vendor 3 at a time for an upgrade, because there seems to always be one corner of your atlas that just fucks your progression hard.

i spammed dozens of zana missions and i think it was just earlier today or late yesterday that she finally offered to sell me a shore map, and thats how i got it. still never had it drop.

the biggest problem with the atlas is how zana's questline interacts with elder spawn. basically you do a certain map which is shaped, to get elder influence, and that exact same map will offer you a mem fragment. it is an extremely low %age that you'd have 2 of those maps already, lined up to do them back to back like that in order to get the mem fragment.

even after you do get the fragment, you probably have to do it again to expand the influence to get the next memory fragment. trade makes this so much easier its incredible.

xMustard
Oct 17, 2019 05:31:31 AM

"
KalHirol wrote:

Well at least you are admitting to being a terrible player

I never admitted to being a terrible player. I admitted to not having enough time.

It's not like I got to the content and couldn't do it. I never got to the content in the first place.

"
KalHirol wrote:

Whoever complains about the game being to difficult in 2019 is a really big noob in my opinion.

Again you're not reading the thread. This isn't about the game being too "DIFFICULT" it's about the game simply requiring way too much RNG and way too much TIME.

GTFO with this garbage man. The entire point of my post was that it doesn't necessarily take SKILL to beat the end game content it's that you need a crapload of RNG and TIME.

Maps were just ONE EXAMPLE of RGN.

People who find 10Ex compared to others who only find 2 in a league, RNG

People who find a Mirror, RNG

People who get great rolls on Elder drops, RNG

Fucking RNG RNG RNG dude it's not just map drops. Use your brain.

RNGebus
Oct 17, 2019 05:31:36 AM

lmao maybe you should spend your time better in game

OFiveNine
Oct 17, 2019 05:33:21 AM

This is how GGG wants to design their game and they've stated numerous time that in the current game, players progress far too fast and quit leagues far too early as a result.
It wasn't made solely for you and your very specific tastes or circumstances.

If you're having issues with map sustain in 2019, then you should look up the many great resources on the topic. Having limited time doesnt change your averages unless you literally have 30 minutes a day to play and you spend it running 3 maps and then asking GGG why you didnt get map returns.

It is almost a challenge to run a map between t11-t14 without making back what you put it into and then some. PoE's entire economic base and progression structure revolves around players being able to net more than what they invested into maps. What you lack is basic knowledge of how map investment works or maybe a semi effecient build that allows you to safely and quickly clear maps, instead of there being something fundamentally wrong with game.

Nephalim
Oct 17, 2019 05:38:31 AM
  • Next