Forum Index General Discussion What do you think increased currency drop rates would do to the game?

History

"
codetaku wrote:
more SSF players means less mtx sales.

How do you figure?

DoubleU
Oct 16, 2019 19:14:38 PM

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:

How do you figure?

Easy. The free advertising in towns and hideouts and rotations goes away.

Definitely not implying that SSF players don't want to look "cool" for themselves, but the number of mtx people learn about for the first time by playing with those who have them is... high.

I have literally had multiple people just this league ask about my mtx, and seen them ask about other people's hideout decorations.

codetaku
Oct 17, 2019 03:32:24 AM

in SSF you still see people in towns and shit

xMustard
Oct 17, 2019 03:38:38 AM

"
RaZeR1976 wrote:
It would for sure make me play leagues longer..This league's drop rates are a fucking joke.

^this

Exxxiled665
Oct 17, 2019 03:58:54 AM

"
codetaku wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:

How do you figure?

Easy. The free advertising in towns and hideouts and rotations goes away.

Definitely not implying that SSF players don't want to look "cool" for themselves, but the number of mtx people learn about for the first time by playing with those who have them is... high.

I have literally had multiple people just this league ask about my mtx, and seen them ask about other people's hideout decorations.

Also unexpected disconnections might be not that unexpected. Game periodically forces you to re- log into it just for you to see again those laggy towns full of tasteless freaks there with their overmtxed chars.

DarkJen
Oct 17, 2019 04:05:29 AM

If GGG's goal is this:

then they had better make the carrot we're supposed to be chasing after worth the grind time. If we grind x hours in a league and get y currency but in the next league we grind the same x hours and get much less than y currency the value of the carrot is reduced and so is the desire to play PoE anymore. One would think that GGG would have figured this out long ago and stopped starving us out (as in "I quit this shit") because IMO that's the fastest way to lose mtx sales. Hey GGG, has the phrase "stop biting the hand that feeds you" lost it's meaning?

Arrowneous
Oct 17, 2019 04:13:34 AM

increased currency drop rates would do to the game?

legion = sucess (increased drop)
personally I didn't like legion, but I kept playing because I get a lot of corrency, maybe 17ex drop? do not remember

blight = fail (drop nerf)

what more you need?
just look the amount people complain about drops, leaving the game, etc...
they are the "owners" of the game and do whatever they want, we can keep complain, but dont matter

trezorzetto
Oct 18, 2019 02:55:36 AM

Drop rates do need at least a very small buff.. just level'd another build upto level 94 and haven't had a single ex drop on that build yet.. that includes me running the blight mechanic every map and doing master missions as much as possible.

I would have to say (even though i've only been playing since delve) that this is the least rewarding league i've played.

Boomshakalakaring
Oct 18, 2019 03:21:05 AM

"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
"
RaZeR1976 wrote:
It would for sure make me play leagues longer..This league's drop rates are a fucking joke.

^this

Def this.
And Legion is a good example here.
Also, Delve and Harbinger (cool map drop)

DarkJen
Oct 18, 2019 03:57:06 AM

isn't legion a poor example of player retention?
i can't remember, cause people always post how poor the retention is every single league - literally - so its really lost any credit at this point

xMustard
Oct 18, 2019 04:20:36 AM
  • Prev
  • Next