Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions New Stash Tab Idea

History

"
Kulze wrote:
This shouldn't be a special stash-tab... that should be a normal option from the get-go. One-click sorting of items in the inventory, the ability to fav items and position them properly to re-stock your stacks of wisdom and portal scrolls between runs...

Rather ridiculous it hasn't been done yet in 2019.

+1

TreeOfDead
Oct 09, 2019 14:30:18 PM

This should happen without any tab at all.

Why not Alt-Click (or shift-click... or ctrl-right-click, whatever!) a supported item (delve-stuff, map, currency, essence, divination card) and it auto-jumps into it predefined tab (if you own it).

Ctrl-Click still does the same, so you can ctrl-click a map from your inventory into your opened public-trade-tab or you simply alt-click it to make it go to your maps-tab.

for the unique-tab it just works only if you don't already own that unique. in the other case it does the same as ctrl-click while the unique-tab is open: it activates that section in the unique tab an you can compare the items, which one to keep.

As for the unique tab, it should work as comparison when you press the compare-hotkey.
So, if you press that key ... say on a ring, normally you get your two worn rings shown so you can compare. But if you have your unique-tab open and you press the key on a unique in your inventory, it shows the copy in your unique-tab for comparison (only if you own it there, ofc)

HaerionColdrock
Oct 09, 2019 14:47:55 PM

"
Kulze wrote:
"
PanBzoch wrote:

okay - let`s ask again - to WHICH of possible X map tabs (or x currency, x delve, x splinter, x any tabs) would it auto-sort to.

Obviously the one you set as the 'Standard' tab to do so. It's not rocket-science to allow such a function.

Or - it would go into the first special tab in the stash. Currency into the first currency tab, essence into the first essence tab, divination card into the first div tab, etc.

Or - an interface to define where the items are automatically distributed to

Turtledove
Oct 09, 2019 15:56:17 PM

Sounds like everyone wants some kind of organizational system!! glad we all agree.

my next question is how do we get the developers to listen to us otherwise all this discussion is MOO...

yeah, "MOO" like a cows opinion. it doesn't really matter.

VirtualJesus
Oct 10, 2019 11:55:52 AM

I remember reading a response to this from GGG many years ago, but I can't seem to find it. And they said there were technical limitations on both the game engine and the server. Which to me says the game is too archaic by design and they need a new engine pull something like that off.

EnkerZan
Oct 10, 2019 14:40:00 PM

"
EnkerZan wrote:
I remember reading a response to this from GGG many years ago, but I can't seem to find it. And they said there were technical limitations on both the game engine and the server. Which to me says the game is too archaic by design and they need a new engine pull something like that off.

well, that sucks way to ruin our hopes and dreams lol. I do have to agree with you the inventory system feels very archaic now. I hope that is not due to programming limitations.

VirtualJesus
Oct 11, 2019 01:10:39 AM

"
EnkerZan wrote:

What I remember is a statement that they would love to automatically put maps, essences, currency, etc. directly into the proper tab without having to open each tab. The problem is that it would be extremely difficult to implement because PoE only loads one tab at a time. What is involved in loading a tab is reading the database and using that information to populate the one tab. When another tab is opened it will automatically first close the tab currently opened. That was their statement as I best remember it.

This paragraph is my additional thoughts on the matter. This must mean that the database is not organized in such a way to reasonably allow inserting individual items into the database. I'll guess they rewrite that whole tab into the database when the tab is closed. This is far more complicated code than it looks to us as users because we don't see any of the work involved in updating a database in a client/server architecture. One has to worry about things like there being a disconnect between the client and server at any time. For example, if an item happens to be on the cursor when there is a disconnect the item can't be lost (isn't placed in either location opened) or duplicated (is placed in both locations that are opened).

edit: My thought about this OP proposal is that hopefully having a special stash tab dedicated to the distribution process might ease some of the technical challenges, hopefully, but just purely a guess on my part.

Turtledove
Oct 11, 2019 01:52:27 AM

I am sad to hear it is much more complicated of a task to code.

with that said, I could understand a higher price to make up for the coding time. if it's even possible at all.

VirtualJesus
Oct 11, 2019 07:53:40 AM

"
VirtualJesus wrote:
I am sad to hear it is much more complicated of a task to code.

with that said, I could understand a higher price to make up for the coding time. if it's even possible at all.

It would be a great QoL improvement! I imagine the "distribution tab" would be very popular.

Turtledove
Oct 11, 2019 16:21:33 PM

still would really like to hear from a developer on if this is even possible?!

VirtualJesus
Oct 21, 2019 02:36:47 AM
  • Prev