Forum Index General Discussion Day 27 of Blight - Are you going to increase map drop rates or not? - Still Waiting!

History

literally living in caves, thinking that by restricting the best things people spent more time trying to catch, everyone already knows this game from head to toe, you are just annoying us by restricting things, even worse if it's new content, but who am I to say something

trezorzetto
Sep 27, 2019 15:58:25 PM

"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Leagues have always had the stated explicit purpose of testing new material. Your "open beta" nonsense just shows that you don't understand the game you're criticizing.

That escalated quickly...

It's not about testing new stuff. Totally fine with that. It's about technical bugs and other stuff that feel like beta (if only). There is a huge difference between trying out new stuff on a stable basis or putting in stuff that totally fucks up core-elements of the game. If you think that the state of the game after nearly every league-release is fine and intended you don't understand the topic you are talking about.

This game is out of the "4 people working on an indie title" phase for years. Don't treat it like that. It does not help. Anybody.

Obligatory

I still can't believe it's real

girng
Sep 27, 2019 16:00:55 PM

"
girng wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Leagues have always had the stated explicit purpose of testing new material. Your "open beta" nonsense just shows that you don't understand the game you're criticizing.

That escalated quickly...

It's not about testing new stuff. Totally fine with that. It's about technical bugs and other stuff that feel like beta (if only). There is a huge difference between trying out new stuff on a stable basis or putting in stuff that totally fucks up core-elements of the game. If you think that the state of the game after nearly every league-release is fine and intended you don't understand the topic you are talking about.

This game is out of the "4 people working on an indie title" phase for years. Don't treat it like that. It does not help. Anybody.

Obligatory

I still can't believe it's real

It's a serious issue indeed.
Due to the cost of investing into buying a high tier map, oils and running it.
If map drop rate was more acceptable, where it was a "shrug it off, the map failed", I have some more to run, it would be acceptable until it's fixed.

RRoyalMarine
Sep 27, 2019 16:16:48 PM

"
RRoyalMarine wrote:

If map drop rate was more acceptable, where it was a "shrug it off, the map failed", I have some more to run, it would be acceptable until it's fixed.

I haven't logged in for like a week. Does that bug still exist? lol

That would really piss me off, especially in a paid blighted map.

girng
Sep 27, 2019 16:18:14 PM

It does exist, it isn't as bad and usually a close portal will have a major spaghetti strand instead of a short hop but you can still find examples of people with very close portal placement.

Draegnarrr
Sep 27, 2019 16:21:23 PM

"
girng wrote:
"
RRoyalMarine wrote:

I haven't logged in for like a week. Does that bug still exist? lol

That would really piss me off, especially in a paid blighted map.

They have released a fix for this problem. It hasn't solved the whole problem, but the bug is much rarer now. In many cases the mobs get some extra way to walk if the portal is to close to the pump

Judaspriester
Sep 27, 2019 16:26:27 PM

Maybe increasing the droprate will kill the servers?

MasterTBC
Sep 27, 2019 16:29:55 PM

"
Seppel123 wrote:
To be honest .. i think the drop rates are fine..."

We all know that "fine" is just a code word for "it's not good but far be it from me to complain."

Arrowneous
Sep 27, 2019 17:13:23 PM

I have 38 challenges so clearly I've played a lot. I do blights in almost every map unless I'm in a hurry. My sample size is pretty large and I've dropped around 50 blighted maps total. The blighted map drop rate is just fine for the rewards. It's a nice jackpot for doing blights in maps.

Compare the low tier map droprates to a 3-way legion battle (300 splinters) and compare a 5-way (500 splinters) done WITHOUT HH to the rewards. It's pretty much perfectly where it should be. There's just no new pseudo-jackpots like timeless jewels and no real bosses so there's nothing to keep you hooked.

The droprate would only suck if you're trying to do all your challenges in SSF because getting a specific tier of blighted map to drop is very RNG-based. I've gotten them all, but some I've only gotten 1 of total.

I think the supply on the trade sites is very low because most "power farmers" are just skipping the content completely because you have to sit for 30 seconds waiting for the blight to finish. You can't do 20 second glacier runs or 40 second full clear maps.

DiabloImmoral
Sep 27, 2019 18:13:09 PM

Idk what you guys are going on about, I dropped 2 blighted maps in 3 days of playing

KaliSzop
Sep 27, 2019 19:53:43 PM
  • Prev
  • Next