Forum Index General Discussion This game is overwhelmed with farming bots

History

"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Lvzb3l wrote:
blahblahblah

Interesting.

GGG YOU SUCK, YOU'RE A DISAPPOINTING DISGUSTING COMPANY SELLING PEOPLE OUT FOR RMT AND YOU HAVE NO SOUL.

Has 14 challenges, clearly still plays.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypocrisy?s=t

Yeah and if he had 0 you'd use that as a crux too.

PS: I bet you won't get probation for your clearly personal attack because of all those supporter packs either, since Eliza has a slant for people who wave money around and those who don't...

LeetbakaDX
Oct 02, 2019 13:03:37 PM

"
WiseGuard wrote:
One thing I noticed through years on this matter - same topics, no visible improvement, rampant growth.

Sometimes I doubt myself if botting is hydra problem, where you cut one head and multiple grow. Or simply no major fucks are given, since heads will grow back anyways.

You cant stop bots in this game. Its F2p. I mean Blizzard couldn't stop bots in D3 and those were 40-60 bucks a pop. I had a friend who made a living botting d3. Just an entire room of PCs botting the hell out of it. A ban wave would happen, wipe out 100 copies, just do 100 more. And that had a cost.

There is zero cost to PoE. They lose whatever stock they may have on the banned accounts, but who cares? Its not the end of the world, just a minor setback. Its free and clear money.

Just have to learn to deal in this game. Even a price tag wouldn't stop bots if their is money to be made, and there always is in a game with loot or time. Hell, people still bot D3 for bounties.

Destructodave
Oct 02, 2019 13:04:58 PM

BAD enough you get this youtuber [Removed by Support] he does builds which is nice! BUT the bad thing this person does, is advertise RMT.... on his site [Removed by Support] IDK even though he does a nice thing doing build guides, i think he does like to RMT...

Lvgamer
Oct 02, 2019 19:19:14 PM

"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Lvzb3l wrote:
blahblahblah

Interesting.

GGG YOU SUCK, YOU'RE A DISAPPOINTING DISGUSTING COMPANY SELLING PEOPLE OUT FOR RMT AND YOU HAVE NO SOUL.

Has 14 challenges, clearly still plays.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypocrisy?s=t

Yeah and if he had 0 you'd use that as a crux too.

PS: I bet you won't get probation for your clearly personal attack because of all those supporter packs either, since Eliza has a slant for people who wave money around and those who don't...

No see, the point was to highlight how someone has an obvious anti-GGG point of view while at the same time still partaking in and supporting their product. Even if there's no monetary support, playing their game is still supporting them and their product. Hence the link to the definition of hypocrisy.

There's nothing wrong with an anti-GGG point of view, I don't happen to agree with it of course.

Now, if they had no challenges and didn't play, that would be a principled stand. The question I would have then is, why bother coming to their forums and posting? At that point, move on to things you enjoy/can support.

Archwizard
Oct 03, 2019 05:49:09 AM

That's the irony about folks who present such a negative disposition towards PoE/GGG/Tencent - If one really felt that strongly about it, they would discontinue usage.

When I was growing up, EA was the name in sports gaming, but now they have a generally poor reputation with the community. The last EA affiliated game I played was Mass Effect 3 - but didn't even touch Andromeda though from what I read I didn't miss anything.

Bethesda used to have a great rep for buggy but otherwise engrossing games. While there are meme's about Todd Howard selling Skyrim again, I would say Fallout 76 represents how far they fell. I've been a fallout fan since the original long before Bethesda had a hand in the franchise. But 76 to me feels like they got predatory with their monetizing practices.

I mean in the end I know its just folks being "passionate", but its still a bit strange how excessive some folks get with trashing the game/companies and then go right back to playing.

SeCKSEgai
Oct 03, 2019 09:56:48 AM

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I mean in the end I know its just folks being "passionate", but its still a bit strange how excessive some folks get with trashing the game/companies and then go right back to playing.

It's just how it is (sadly) on the Great Webz these days: No nuance. No perspective. If things aren't perfect, they're shit - and people in charge suck, no matter how many other great things they've done.

Don't get me wrong here; we as consumers should be critical. We should be demanding. We should expect certain standards. But idiocy, whining and hate - as well as trashtalk - are a total waste of time, and as productive as a punch to the face.

It's close to impossible to turn negativity into productivity/meaningful progress.

Phrazz
Oct 03, 2019 10:42:47 AM

"
AngevineKeara wrote:
Whats the problem GGG, why dont u clean all that insects? We got Chaos/ Exalted rose to 165/1 in less then a week. U can detect and ban those public bots in no time. U can google those easily. [Removed by Support]. Hundreds of people use those without bans. Does ur policy have something to do with the fact GGG shareholder own rmt websites?
>Aaron Ciccheli who owns 7.5% of GGG, owns two RMT websites

Wow, one of the most popular online arpgs has farming bots. I'm shocked

D2 in 2019: Hold my beer.

This is normal, developers can only do so much to hinder bots in a f2p game.

girng
Oct 04, 2019 22:24:58 PM

GGG can't do anything about it in a F2P game. And they probably shouldn't, since there wouldn't be enough of certain mats like alts in the market if they weren't around.

With most currencies one player can buy out the entire market. The playerbase is way too small to remove 75% of the available currency from the market.

DiabloImmoral
Oct 05, 2019 21:56:42 PM

i think its posible to stop or at least slow bots but usualy comes at the cost of pissing off the playerbase

like for instance a strong captcha every 10 or so instances should stop most bots but players may find it anoying

or at least try to estabilize the economy, this could be done by adding all uniques, gems and currency to vendors and adjust their sell/buy price. As an example "x" unique could be sold for 2c and bought by 6c while "y" unique could be sold for 1 ex and bought by 3 ex, this way there is a min/max price on every item so no amount of bots or rigging will make the item go above or below that price range.

caboom
Oct 06, 2019 16:43:39 PM
  • Prev