Forum Index General Discussion This game is overwhelmed with farming bots

History

Hmmm. I never see any bots. Not sure what all the hype is about.

superbomb1967
Sep 30, 2019 22:51:11 PM

"
superbomb1967 wrote:
Hmmm. I never see any bots. Not sure what all the hype is about.

If you ever see a steam of randomly named chars in town continuously going from portal to waypoint, those are bots. They're nearly always Witches or Templars all dressed up in Tabulas. Act 3/8 and sometimes 10 are the most common places I see them, but they can show up pretty much anywhere. There can be many instances of each town though, so you might not see them right away by just going to town. Hop around between the instances and you're bound to see some eventually.

aggromagnet
Sep 30, 2019 23:13:26 PM

Taking the bots out of the equation - has anyone even once considered that maybe people aren't willing to sell their exalts for cheap when they can wait?

I mean, if I can sell an early exalt drop for a measly 15c early or hold onto it for later given their rarity....

I've never found enough exalts to feel comfortable selling them for cheap, I hold them for big purchases. Given the already reduced supply in a less than popular league, it's not so much a flood of chaos but a lack of exalts floating around the economy.

Edit - I mean used twice

SeCKSEgai
Oct 01, 2019 06:21:48 AM

No degree in economics but.

Would not a higher price indicate a lower supply?

As in less bots and players?

Could someone care to explain to me how a high suppply. ( =lots of bots )

Can yield a higher price/demand?

Not trying to be smart here, I am actually asking.

umbrood
Oct 01, 2019 15:39:56 PM

When you realize that you don't need any of this crap if you just play the game for the fun of it.

Shagsbeard
Oct 01, 2019 15:40:49 PM

THE ONLY WAY the bots will go away is if NO i mean NO one buys or sells to them!! END OF STORY!!

Lvgamer
Oct 01, 2019 23:46:14 PM

The game will always have bots and GGG is fully aware of this. If there was no currency bots even less people would be playing.

Tenzarin_MyNameWasTaken
Oct 02, 2019 01:08:01 AM

"
umbrood wrote:

One would think that's how it works, that's normally how it works.

saizosol
Oct 02, 2019 01:21:51 AM

"
saizosol wrote:
"
umbrood wrote:

One would think that's how it works, that's normally how it works.

That is how it works, with the exception being commodity's(in poe's example, high-end rare unique's) which can be monopolized and regulated by groups to a certain degree.

However, things like exalts can be target farmed so the market will find equilibrium for them, being the point where people will go mass farm exalt div cards if the price is high enough to justify the effords.

Nobody in here seems to take into account that the reverse could also be true, chaos could have devalued heavily while exalts remained at the same value point.

Then again this thread doesn't smell of objective reasoning by a long shot so, burb?

Peace,

-Boem-

Boem
Oct 02, 2019 02:03:07 AM

"
umbrood wrote:

cause the bots primarily seem to farm chaos recipe in act zones, but the bots want exalts to sell as rmt, hence they push the price of ex in chaos.

Fhark
Oct 02, 2019 03:30:18 AM
  • Prev
  • Next