Forum Index General Discussion This game is overwhelmed with farming bots

History

Whats the problem GGG, why dont u clean all that insects? We got Chaos/ Exalted rose to 165/1 in less then a week. U can detect and ban those public bots in no time. U can google those easily. [Removed by Support]. Hundreds of people use those without bans. Does ur policy have something to do with the fact GGG shareholder own rmt websites?
>Aaron Ciccheli who owns 7.5% of GGG, owns two RMT websites

AngevineKeara
Sep 17, 2019 18:28:45 PM

I mean, chinese bot called [Removed by Support] can be easily googled. In no time u can software detect it and ban all bots, like Blizzard did with honorbuddy. Same story with eng bot called [Removed by Support]. Why do u keep them unbanned? U killed the most popular Path of Exile bot called [Removed by Support] few years ago. Now all users scatterd to [Removed by Support]. But u remain silent while those bot users is killing game in prime time.

AngevineKeara
Sep 17, 2019 18:31:34 PM

Why are you making the problem worse by advertising these bot sites?

Shagsbeard
Sep 17, 2019 18:35:51 PM

Guess what, ive sent about 10 mails to GGG support with download link to [Removed by Support], ive sent discord bot groups and no answer to me. GGG just dont care at all. And i repeat, does ur bot friendly attitude have something to do with the fact, that ur shareholders own RMT(real money trade) websites? If its game for bots, not real players, then just add it to EULA.

AngevineKeara
Sep 17, 2019 18:36:48 PM

"
AngevineKeara wrote:
Whats the problem GGG, why dont u clean all that insects? We got Chaos/ Exalted rose to 165/1 in less then a week. U can detect and ban those public bots in no time. U can google those easily. [Removed by Support]. Hundreds of people use those without bans. Does ur policy have something to do with the fact GGG shareholder own rmt websites?

I assume [Removed by Support] that just happened upon a post from over a year ago that was proven false.
You even quote that OP almost verbatim. So it appears that you stopped and didn't read past the headline, [Removed by Support].

"
chris_wilson
Lead Developer
767 points
·
1 year ago
Aaron has no power or say in anything we do. Those sites stopped selling PoE items some time ago and the advice he has given us has helped a lot in our ongoing fight against RMT. I'm aware that it looks bad, but the goal was to improve PoE by getting the right expertise on board. We wouldn't have taken his investment unless we were sure it would achieve this goal.

Gulch
Sep 17, 2019 18:37:50 PM

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why are you making the problem worse by advertising these bot sites?

Its guys that are running [Removed by Support] for rmt purpose are killing the game. Those who earn $$ from selling exalted orbs. Cassuals, that use for bot supporting ur main wont harm the game. So advertising it here is aimed for GGG, so they finally spot those problems we have.

AngevineKeara
Sep 17, 2019 18:38:58 PM

"
Gulch wrote:
"
AngevineKeara wrote:

I assume [Removed by Support] that just happened upon a post from over a year ago that was proven false.
You even quote that OP almost verbatim. So it appears that you stopped and didn't read past the headline, [Removed by Support].

"
chris_wilson
Lead Developer
767 points
·
1 year ago
Aaron has no power or say in anything we do. Those sites stopped selling PoE items some time ago and the advice he has given us has helped a lot in our ongoing fight against RMT. I'm aware that it looks bad, but the goal was to improve PoE by getting the right expertise on board. We wouldn't have taken his investment unless we were sure it would achieve this goal.

Yeah, thats why they totally ignore new bots, that took place after [Removed by Support] was busted. Even mailing them doesnt help. Guys just dont care.

AngevineKeara
Sep 17, 2019 18:40:54 PM

I mean check Blizzard policy towards bots. They are killing every bot appearing out there after they killed [Removed by Support]. GGG has tencent powers now to hunt more bots. Those u can google easily. But they just dont care, dont ban. Let hundreds of people to rip their game apart.

AngevineKeara
Sep 17, 2019 18:42:47 PM

The only fact is that you know nothing about how ggg operates.
Just because you see bots somewhere doesn't mean action wasn't/isn't taken.
You don't just magically prevent all the bad things, you know.

Fapmobile
Sep 17, 2019 18:52:21 PM

Brand new account - check
Knows nothing about the ongoing battle with RMT bots - check
Uses outdated unsubstantiated material to defend points - check

DoubleU
Sep 17, 2019 18:54:47 PM
  • Next