Forum Index General Discussion how is this league?

History

I'm loving the mechanic so far, just hoping for some performance fixes with it. They should just reduce the number of enemies spawned, but beef them up some so that the lag isn't as bad. I think they are doing that in the blight maps, but it should be done in regular maps also.

ll-BEEFCAKE-ll
Sep 17, 2019 17:37:23 PM

"
1. League mechanic is slow without much loot. Better off just clearing map if making currency is your goal.
2. lag spikes galore. It's at a tipping point this league, worst ever.
3. Economy is worse then ever, too. Not much of a fresh start past day 1

From a SSF point of view I have to disagree. Blight encounters make up 90% of my currency sources.

lupasvasile
Sep 17, 2019 17:40:44 PM

I love it. Haven't had so much fun in ages.

From what I can tell people that loved Legion kinda hate this one. I hated Legion, couldn't play more than a week.

lupasvasile
Sep 17, 2019 17:42:04 PM

Yeah Blight is the best league mechanic in ages, maybe ever. Then again I hated Legion and thought it was terribly boring (it really was extremely mindless).

beaniac
Sep 17, 2019 19:35:37 PM

I personally feel as if the league is missing one layer of complexity to being perfect.

Right now it is a two-pronged league mechanic:

1) Zone/Map Events - Each zone and map have singular Tower Defense like instance that plays pretty well considering some of the limitations POE has.

2) Full Map Events - These are bigger Tower Defense events where effectively a quarter of the map is quarantined off for a larger Tower Defense experience.

These both are not bad, however neither is enough for a league mechanic in the long run.

The problem, as I see it, is that the full map events are currently are not enough to keep me entertained for 3 full months.

The drops of the league "oils" can be used to craft on to amulets, rings, and maps. The problem is that once you have your annointments, there is nothing to play toward.

Unlike Legion, for example, where you would save splinters to do 4/5 way legion battles with bosses that had good health pools for items the end game here is only the maps.

I think if one more layer was added, for example put in 100 oils into some device to fight bosses of different tiers, it would give me something to grind for.

This league is very much designed around set it and forget it skills like minions, totems, and brands. Other builds can be played but feel clunky with the tower league mechanic as it requires a LOT of clicking and setting up while fighting monsters at the same time.

This league isnt a favorite for me personally, but if you are the type of person that like minion builds, for example, you will probably really enjoy this league.

Prizy
Sep 17, 2019 19:43:51 PM

It's fine... not great, but fine.

There's a few disappointments. Mobs can spawn pretty close to their target (you lose). The bosses show up randomly... most of the time you don't even realize they're there. Rewards are low by comparison to Legion.

You can totally ignore the encounters without penalty though, so at worst it's the same as Standard.

Better to wait until 3.8.1 drops for better feedback.

Shagsbeard
Sep 17, 2019 19:53:38 PM

I like better than Legion and miles better than Synthesis.
If they fix the spawning issue (which hasn't happened to me very much) and get maps upped for rewards, better all around.

DoubleU
Sep 17, 2019 20:00:47 PM

"
DoubleU wrote:
If they fix the spawning issue (which hasn't happened to me very much)
Apparently this is a complex issue without an eta, existing pre release... Might be waiting a while

ViolateTheDead
Sep 17, 2019 20:02:54 PM

League is fun but it is dead already.

Tenzarin_MyNameWasTaken
Sep 17, 2019 20:08:41 PM

"
League is fun but it is dead already.

Wow. With 24 challenges it's likely you have seen most of what Blight has to offer (not all)

I knew this league wasnt for me, and was skipping it, but I didnt realize how bad it was going to be.

Dead after 10 days? Damn.

DarthSki44
Sep 17, 2019 20:14:41 PM
  • Prev
  • Next