Forum Index Witch [3.8] 2M++ Flameblast Ignite DPS! Ignite your way to Uber Elder!

History

"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
"
Falcyon wrote:
I tried to craft something like this. Will it be better than Searing touch? I can see in pob that the ignite damage is low since it has not fire dot multiplier mod. But I did read the thing about replacing burning damage with empower. Will it work or should I keep crafting for both mods?

Brimstone Pillar
Primordial Staff
Click to expand
  • +18% Chance to Block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Inspiration
  • 84% increased Spell Damage
  • Adds 10 to 187 Lightning Damage
  • 17% increased Cast Speed
  • 19% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
  • 33% increased Burning Damage
  • 20% chance to Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems


  • Plucking your staff into PoB, I get arnd 1.55m ignite dps, which is decent. Searing touch gives 1.45m pds. Current staff gives 1.9m dps. It all depends on how much you wanna invest in the build, but with your current staff, I feel its a decent investment/value ratio.


    I see. Thanks for fast replying. Right now I'd like to ask if a simple "12% increassed DoT" on jewel is worse than "3% increased fire dot multiplier". This build aims for dot multiplier?

    Falcyon
    Sep 24, 2019 18:27:38 PM

    "
    Falcyon wrote:
    "
    lumosnoxlumo wrote:
    "
    Falcyon wrote:
    I tried to craft something like this. Will it be better than Searing touch? I can see in pob that the ignite damage is low since it has not fire dot multiplier mod. But I did read the thing about replacing burning damage with empower. Will it work or should I keep crafting for both mods?

    Brimstone Pillar
    Primordial Staff
    Click to expand
  • +18% Chance to Block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Inspiration
  • 84% increased Spell Damage
  • Adds 10 to 187 Lightning Damage
  • 17% increased Cast Speed
  • 19% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
  • 33% increased Burning Damage
  • 20% chance to Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems


  • Plucking your staff into PoB, I get arnd 1.55m ignite dps, which is decent. Searing touch gives 1.45m pds. Current staff gives 1.9m dps. It all depends on how much you wanna invest in the build, but with your current staff, I feel its a decent investment/value ratio.


    I see. Thanks for fast replying. Right now I'd like to ask if a simple "12% increassed DoT" on jewel is worse than "3% increased fire dot multiplier". This build aims for dot multiplier?


    It really depends on how much %inc vs fire dot multi. Only way to know is to check in PoB

    lumosnoxlumo
    Sep 25, 2019 12:05:02 PM

    Pob shows that a good rolled +dot can give more damage than 4% fire dot. Hopefully it is correct. But I am not sure if the mod still exists in leagues. I might have some legacy jewels in stash.

    Suggestion: There is the "of Nirvana" mod which gives like +60% mana regeneration rate. This might be a bit easier to get on a ring (or other gear) than trying to get a lab enchant (which is only 50% and after casting a spell).

    Falcyon
    Sep 25, 2019 19:06:37 PM

    Great build so far, leveling has been great! I just wanna ask why you chose "DAMAGING AILMENTS YOU INFLICT DEAL [10-15]% FASTER WHILE AFFECTED BY MALEVOLENCE" instead of "[18-22]% TO DAMAGE OVER TIME MULTIPLIER WHILE AFFECTED BY MALEVOLENCE", is it because that mod deals more dmg? I can't tell because the watcher's eye jewel doesn't show dmg an increase/decrease to dmg in PoB

    d4nk3ngine
    Sep 28, 2019 16:16:30 PM

    "
    d4nk3ngine wrote:
    Great build so far, leveling has been great! I just wanna ask why you chose "DAMAGING AILMENTS YOU INFLICT DEAL [10-15]% FASTER WHILE AFFECTED BY MALEVOLENCE" instead of "[18-22]% TO DAMAGE OVER TIME MULTIPLIER WHILE AFFECTED BY MALEVOLENCE", is it because that mod deals more dmg? I can't tell because the watcher's eye jewel doesn't show dmg an increase/decrease to dmg in PoB


    Lets do some maths here:

    Lets assume we do 100 damage per sec. ignite is by default 4sec so we deal 400 dmg total. Lets say I have 15% faster ignite from watcher's eye and 10% from lethal pride. I have a total of 25% faster ignite. You would normally assume its a 25% overall dps increase but actually, the formula is 100/(1-0.25) = 133.33 dmg over 4*(1-0.25) = 3 secs. Our dps is actually increased by 33.33%.

    Taking the raw damage in PoB at ~1.9mdps and factoring faster ignites into account, the actual dps of the ignite is 2.53m dps. Since we have quite a lot of fire dot multi, an additional source of 22% fire dot multi would roughly give arnd 4-5% estimated increase in dps, nth compared to the 17% more dps(from 15% faster ignite) or 33%(from 15% + 10%).

    Hope that clarifies the difference between fire dot multi and faster ignites for our dps

    lumosnoxlumo
    Sep 28, 2019 16:43:24 PM

    Do you think it would be possible to make a Trickster version of this build? I would assume damage would be a bit lower but possibly more mobility and survivability? What are your thoughts?

    lethality84
    Sep 29, 2019 16:51:16 PM

    So i was plan to play something similar and here is my current setup.
    https://pastebin.com/2azXzG3m

    - i simulate golem buffs from ascendency on the helmet (+ ligtning golem enchant);
    - shock effect is simuulated on cinderswallow flask.

    garamaganda
    Oct 01, 2019 11:13:16 AM

    "
    lethality84 wrote:
    Do you think it would be possible to make a Trickster version of this build? I would assume damage would be a bit lower but possibly more mobility and survivability? What are your thoughts?


    Other than the shock/chill, the damage bonus from trickster and elementalist are almost identical. Trickster has more qol with more layered defenses while elementalist have better dps. Both are solid choices.

    lumosnoxlumo
    Oct 02, 2019 14:04:55 PM

    "
    garamaganda wrote:
    So i was plan to play something similar and here is my current setup.
    https://pastebin.com/2azXzG3m

    - i simulate golem buffs from ascendency on the helmet (+ ligtning golem enchant);
    - shock effect is simuulated on cinderswallow flask.


    Tree is fine but i would respec light of divinity as its pretty bad for a notable. Maybe try for another jewel slot.

    Gear is okay too but I would highly recommend getting a faster ailment malevolence watcher's eye

    lumosnoxlumo
    Oct 02, 2019 14:20:45 PM

    edit: nevermind, found the answer

    dokidokidango
    Oct 18, 2019 00:27:54 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Next