Forum Index General Discussion Is there a way to report a "Dollars for orbs!" spammer in general chat?

History

Is there an efficient, quick way to report a player for spamming general chat, directing players to a "US dollars for POE currency" sales website?
Thank you in advance
Joe

JBN001
Sep 13, 2019 03:23:44 AM

"
Right click their name in chat, click report?

That should still work.

Just a clarification though: they're not 'players'.
You're not Exiles. You're clowns! Toa thonna mondarr! Nocklit

Sorry to say it doesn't work. It was the first thing I tried. (The second was, of course, to block them.

That may be due to my level, this is an alt character and only level 20.

JBN001
Sep 13, 2019 03:31:09 AM

Your level should have nothing to do with it.
Report function is there.

DoubleU
Sep 13, 2019 03:37:00 AM

"
Your level should have nothing to do with it.
Report function is there.

Not that I could see.
I have a print screen of the right click menu gotten when I tagged his name in chat.
There is no report function.
I assume the command would be triggered by right clicking the name.
Thank you for your reply. :)
Joe

JBN001
Sep 13, 2019 03:44:43 AM

The bot was online when I tried to report them.

I have gotten some information: The report function may well have been removed, comments on Reddit suggest that it had been "weaponized" by players who had a grudge against another, innocent player.

For now, the block function is my best defense.
Thanks for your help.
Joe

JBN001
Sep 13, 2019 03:52:28 AM

"
JBN001 wrote:
"Your ignore list is full" :D

zecoratul
Sep 13, 2019 06:12:26 AM

people use the global chat?

satanttin
Sep 13, 2019 13:20:52 PM

"
JBN001 wrote:
The bot was online when I tried to report them.

I have gotten some information: The report function may well have been removed, comments on Reddit suggest that it had been "weaponized" by players who had a grudge against another, innocent player.

Thanks for your help.
Joe

The report function was definitely not removed. I logged in just now to use it. It's right in between "Ignore" and "Challenge to Duel".

When you say this was an alt character, was it actually an alt *account*? Some things don't unlock until you have at least one character on your account at level 25, and there may be other functions at higher levels. But once you meet the minimum *account* requirements, you should have no problem doing anything on an alternate *character*.

codetaku
Sep 13, 2019 14:44:58 PM

"
Wow, I'm sorry. It's been a really long time since I've engaged with public chat and back then, there was definitely a way to report other users directly.

Maybe they were offline by the time you tried?

And the reason I specified they're not players is that individually banning bots from Support's perspective is like trying to stop a hurricane by yelling at it very sternly. It's generally not how the fight is fought, although there's obviously nothing wrong with reporting spam bots.

You would think GGG would want to stop this madness, but then they cringe at the very thought of ever fixing trading in PoE as a solution to remove the real world financial profit from their game item black market (it'll certainly be the death of us if we make trading work properly). Oh no... not the damn "we don't want trading to be too easy" bullshit again! And please, no "if you don't like trading just play SSF" bullshit! The whole trade fiasco of PoE reeks worse than a rotting Roah carcass!

Arrowneous
Sep 13, 2019 14:51:14 PM

"
JBN001 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Joe

hummmm sound like GGG decided to protect scammers or tradebots.

Head_Less
Sep 13, 2019 14:51:18 PM
  • Next