Forum Index General Discussion How to love trade in POE

History

1. be able to tell a price fixer from a legit seller

2. Understand that 1 alch items often aren't going to get the seller to leave his map; shrug it off, move on, or try again in a few, or offer up 5c for it to motivate them.

3. know that the API can be slow and often you're the 10th person whispering someone that already sold the item: shrug it off and move to the next.

4. People go AFK, they don't do this because they want to piss you off

5. Realize that the fastest moving and best priced items are usually sold already

6. if its old and also cheap see #1

7. if it just "whooped" (or "bonged") and its well priced it may already be a #3

8. Maps and other annoying commodities: put a minimum currency of "normal map price give or take 1 orb" you'll always get a map. That guy who has 600 T15's listed for 1 alch is a #1 put 10c minimum in (or whatever) and thank me later.

9. you may be the sellers price checking tool... see if it relists for more orbs

10. have played many APRG's and MMO's and know there's no perfect system and that POE's believe it or not is one of the BETTER COMPROMISES (I know its hard to believe its a forest for the trees sort of thing)

alhazred70
Sep 13, 2019 01:14:07 AM

How to love trade in PoE:

As a buyer:

1. Sort by new.
2. Spam the list top bottom until you get an invite.
3. Repeat.

As a seller:

1. Buy Premium Tab
2. Install PoE Trade Macro.
3. Profit

xpmrz
Sep 13, 2019 02:34:48 AM

ever since switching to SSF i love trade in path of exile

xMustard
Sep 13, 2019 04:15:21 AM

Trade must not be time-consuming like it is, only direct trade for one online game is rlly annoying.
Please make some kind of AH like all online multiplayer games.
Direct trade makes too many people to leave and never come back, many peoples what I introduced into game the first question was how to trade, direct trade just made them uninterested.
Not all peoples love to waste soo much time on private messaging copy/paste.
Personally I hate how trade is done here and hoping from league to league some QoL changes there but from 2013 LoL only DeJa Vu leagues, META driven IMBA game with worst trade is the real description of this product.

Coolmer
Sep 13, 2019 07:24:40 AM

I already love trade. Hate the people selling stuff though. They're either super greedy dicks, or AFK for 80% of the time their game is on.

Edit: And I mean I actually love the trade. Searching through all the loot people have gotten is really fun.

BloodPuddles420
Sep 13, 2019 08:07:30 AM

"
alhazred70 wrote:

9. you may be the sellers price checking tool... see if it relists for more orbs

This is one I'm not ok with, it's dickish behaviour imho and I'm always pissed off about it when it happens :)

smichal52
Sep 13, 2019 08:18:58 AM

"
Coolmer wrote:
Trade must not be time-consuming like it is, only direct trade for one online game is rlly annoying.
Please make some kind of AH like all online multiplayer games.
Direct trade makes too many people to leave and never come back, many peoples what I introduced into game the first question was how to trade, direct trade just made them uninterested.
Not all peoples love to waste soo much time on private messaging copy/paste.
Personally I hate how trade is done here and hoping from league to league some QoL changes there but from 2013 LoL only DeJa Vu leagues, META driven IMBA game with worst trade is the real description of this product.

It’s a hassle on purpose.

There is not going to be easier trade. Deal with it or leave. You are going to realize that GGG doesn’t care if you individually leave or not. As long as they hit their concurrent user numbers, which I think Chris said was 10k, you are just crying to yourself.

fomori2
Sep 13, 2019 08:57:04 AM

I wish they add some way to sell items only in bulk...

For example maps, this will often result in u pming 1 guy, but he's selling for 2 chisel, and he is not going to come out of the map cuz of just 2 chisel....

But lets say I wanted to buy 10 t4 maps....thats 20 chisels, it would be a different deal....

So I wish sellers had an option that would make it so you could only see them if u fill in 10 maps minimum or something

Cheydinhal
Sep 13, 2019 09:17:40 AM

if there ever is some forum section for trade discussions, i vote for this post to be sticky there.

cronus
Sep 13, 2019 12:02:07 PM

I skip all the prices until i reach the people selling at the *normal* price for an item. Everyone cheaper than that is either price fixing, AFK or has already sold the item.

Once you stop trying to get the best deal ever, on every single item, trading is mostly smooth as silk. This applies to selling items also (if you can't seem to sell anything).

If your using Live search, and someone posts something obviously low, offer them what its worth and they'll PM you back first out of the 50 other people he only offered what they listed.

- It's not that an item is sold by the time you PM them, its that dozens of other people did at the same time and the guy either De-lists it (nobody gets and he looks up real price) or takes any random seller.

TLDR; don't lowball people even when they're "asking for it".

Asmosis
Sep 13, 2019 15:50:30 PM
  • Next