Forum Index Witch [3.8] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Budget Friendly, Tanky, Millions of DPS

History

"
The passive node is called Charging Offensive.
I'm at 500ishk shaper per ball with CWC atm with ideal equip 800k-1m should be possible but my items are not cheap, just not ideal yet.


Whoops. Yeah Charging Offensive. ^^

I'm at about 1.32m right now.

Bramble Shell
Vaal Regalia
Click to expand
  • Item sells for much more to vendors
  • +92 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 32% increased Energy Shield
  • +42% to Fire Resistance
  • 12% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • 25% increased Effect of Auras on you
  • Spells have +1.47% to Critical Strike Chance
  • Gain 10% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield


  • Made this yesterday. :)

    Gryphenprey
    Oct 18, 2019 19:40:00 PM

    I'll be overhauling the guide over the course of the next few days.

    This will include:

    CWC Setup as the new primary end game goal. Self cast will still be included as the differences between the two are small tree-wise and even end game gear is only slightly different (Gloves+Staff)

    Some Extra notes on Animated Guardian...UNSUMMON HIM BEFORE HALL OF GRANDMASTERS...just sayin...

    -Non crit version is being deleted. We level as non crit and transition to crit in later levels very naturally. May as well start there.

    I will be adding a leveling PoB Tree for those who need it.

    Updating a lot of the stuff that has fallen out of relevance. CDR/Gear Section/anything else I find....

    etc...this is mostly for me to help me remember later. ^^

    Stay tuned!

    Gryphenprey
    Oct 20, 2019 14:23:30 PM

    Does this enchant have any impact on defence or damage output?

    Scold's Bridle
    Mind Cage
    Click to expand
  • 86% increased Spell Damage
  • 15% reduced Cast Speed
  • +49 to maximum Mana
  • Your Skills deal you 400% of Mana Spent on Skill Mana Costs as Physical Damage
  • "The sharper the pain, the sharper the mind.

    A curious paradox."

    - Shavronne of Umbra

    MaDLy00
    Oct 20, 2019 17:19:21 PM

    "
    MaDLy00 wrote:
    Does this enchant have any impact on defence or damage output?
    Scold's Bridle
    Mind Cage
    Click to expand
  • 86% increased Spell Damage
  • 15% reduced Cast Speed
  • +49 to maximum Mana
  • Your Skills deal you 400% of Mana Spent on Skill Mana Costs as Physical Damage
  • "The sharper the pain, the sharper the mind.

    A curious paradox."

    - Shavronne of Umbra



    Alas, as it does not increase the maximum number of corpses desecrate can have out at once, it does not.

    Gryphenprey
    Oct 20, 2019 17:58:48 PM

    "
    Gryphenprey wrote:
    "
    MaDLy00 wrote:
    Does this enchant have any impact on defence or damage output?
    Scold's Bridle
    Mind Cage
    Click to expand
  • 86% increased Spell Damage
  • 15% reduced Cast Speed
  • +49 to maximum Mana
  • Your Skills deal you 400% of Mana Spent on Skill Mana Costs as Physical Damage
  • "The sharper the pain, the sharper the mind.

    A curious paradox."

    - Shavronne of Umbra



    Alas, as it does not increase the maximum number of corpses desecrate can have out at once, it does not.

    Thank you very much for the quick response and for the guide!

    I tried building the non-crit version https://pastebin.com/YT11fARs but i'm nowhere near the million dps :-s
    For the time being, untill you rewrite the guide, is the "current PoB" section up to date? can i pursue that fom my current build?

    MaDLy00
    Oct 20, 2019 20:11:12 PM

    "
    MaDLy00 wrote:
    "
    Gryphenprey wrote:
    "
    MaDLy00 wrote:
    Does this enchant have any impact on defence or damage output?
    Scold's Bridle
    Mind Cage
    Click to expand
  • 86% increased Spell Damage
  • 15% reduced Cast Speed
  • +49 to maximum Mana
  • Your Skills deal you 400% of Mana Spent on Skill Mana Costs as Physical Damage
  • "The sharper the pain, the sharper the mind.

    A curious paradox."

    - Shavronne of Umbra



    Alas, as it does not increase the maximum number of corpses desecrate can have out at once, it does not.

    Thank you very much for the quick response and for the guide!

    I tried building the non-crit version https://pastebin.com/YT11fARs but i'm nowhere near the million dps :-s
    For the time being, untill you rewrite the guide, is the "current PoB" section up to date? can i pursue that fom my current build?


    You can follow the tree in that PoB link. Just ignore minion instability (where I was taking Glancing Blows from lethal pride). I highly recommend switching to the crit version as it really is at least 2-3x the damage, which is quite noticeable.

    Gryphenprey
    Oct 20, 2019 22:12:43 PM

    Finished updating the guide. Now covers primarily Cast While Channeling+Cyclone

    Things still to do:

    Add a tree progression for leveling

    Going to clean up the original guide into a more condensed version pertaining to self cast and include it in my reserved post.

    Thanks to everyone following the build and playing it even as I make drastic changes to it. :)

    Gryphenprey
    Oct 22, 2019 04:38:42 AM

    Just came to say that I finally got the build running and it has been very fun.

    Decided to put a little spin on it and went Disintegrator + Kaom's Heart (crafted rares are expensive)

    Disintegrator
    Maelström Staff
    Click to expand
  • +20% Chance to Block Attack Damage while wielding a Staff
  • Adds 271 to 332 Physical Damage
  • Adds 390 to 596 Physical Damage to Spells
  • +1 to Maximum Siphoning Charges per Elder or Shaper Item Equipped
  • 25% chance to gain a Siphoning Charge when you use a Skill
  • Adds 14 to 16 Physical Damage to Attacks and Spells per Siphoning Charge
  • Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage per Siphoning Charge
  • 1% additional Physical Damage Reduction from Hits per Siphoning Charge
  • 0.2% of Damage Leeched as Life per Siphoning Charge
  • Take 150 Physical Damage per Second per Siphoning Charge if you've used a Skill Recently
  • Blurred is the boundary

    between creator and destroyer.

    Kaom's Heart
    Glorious Plate
    Click to expand
  • Has no Sockets
  • 29% increased Fire Damage
  • +500 to maximum Life
  • The warrior who

    fears will fall.



    This is really quite a flexible build!

    Xymordos
    Oct 22, 2019 10:08:51 AM

    Hey man, this build seems so much fun. But I am currently struggling leveling. Any advice?

    blo927
    Oct 22, 2019 14:45:11 PM

    "
    blo927 wrote:
    Hey man, this build seems so much fun. But I am currently struggling leveling. Any advice?


    Put spell cascade on desecrate and use Spell Cascade with Volatile Dead

    also use volatile dead instead of DD. :)

    Combustion and Ele Focus don't mesh well together, so drop Ele focus (keep leveling the gem though) and put in Spell cascade.

    Gryphenprey
    Oct 22, 2019 19:42:27 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 34
  • 35
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • Next