Forum Index Witch 3.8| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

History

I too am using Arc - because it is "fun". It does not seem to slow your Character down and it is a great barrel buster (works well in the dark too when you may not know where the barrels are). But I have never really acquired a great knowledge regarding Shock and so I am still wondering just how much it increases damage when it really matters (given that percent of monster health pool thing from the Wiki). I run a bare self-cast Arc with just the Curse on Hit (no Damage/Area related supports).

I tried Meat Shield on my Spectres - briefly - and then dropped it fairly quickly over concerns that it was just attracting Monsters to the vicinity of my (Squishy) Witch and inviting AOE Damage. And there is no way that I'm putting Meat Shield on my Zombies after all that wishing that they would be more aggressive in past Leagues. I tried Feeding Frenzy on my Skeletons but decided that I got more bang for the Socket from Melee Splash Support (this League, there is a ton of Minion Damage to go around - Melee Splash might be too much of a luxury in later Leagues if the Nerf Hammer is applied).

And as background for my comments, I an still running Vaal Skeletons on my 6-Link (with adjustments in the Tree to favour Skill/Minion Duration and no bombing).

walkjohn55
Oct 19, 2019 02:01:29 AM

"
Thanks walkjohn55 for the response. If you take a peek at the Build History at the bottom of my guide, do you prefer the old wording to the current wording?

An interesting suggestion - I think that I would be most attracted to a mish-mash of 3.4 (the original text I think that I saw) and 3.5

3.5 - Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

3.4 - Super Slow Mo! (All content! No uniques required! Perfect for new, SSF, & challenged gamers.) (3.4)

so something like (good luck in Leagues 10 and up though)

x.n - Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[x.n]

but personally, I would sacrifice "Relaxed Playstyle" for something on "New&SSF", but that might be a minority opinion.

"Easy to Gear" and "No Uniques Required" might overlap, but they both seem like big draws to me.

I just want something that does not require me to take piano lessons to succeed, nor become a master trader and/or require zoom-zoom play - but is not going to flame out if I do reach higher content. The sort of thing that gets Nerfed if it becomes too popular ....

And now that I think about it, the {limited number of Buttons} really sounds good too - perhaps "No Uniques" might get bumped after all.

The current title covers most of the ground too - but as a concept as opposed to a "list" of features. This too could be the better approach. My guess is that the "list" might be better for Players using a Search Engine, and the "concept" for Players choosing from a list of Build Titles. Emphasis on "guess".

walkjohn55
Oct 19, 2019 02:48:01 AM

One click.

Pip_n_Tip
Oct 19, 2019 06:17:35 AM

"

Regarding the Minotaur, I just did the Minotaur in my last Slow-Mo Zombies session. If you go to the one hour mark of my last video in the Zombie playlist you'll get an idea of how it goes. It's one of those fights that you really have to learn because the boss's attacks can be dictated in a way. those that aren't familiar with the battle will quickly spread his lightning (which slows and weakens), his "rock slides", and his dive all over the map so that there isn't anywhere safe to hide. So the key is to stay as close a possible (without getting hit cause we're not tanky). Stay close but always try and stay behind him. His AoE slam is mostly in front of him. His dive (which is really hard to see with minions) happens mostly when we distance ourselves from him. His "rock falls" can't be stood in :(.) So, if you have to move away from him, hopefully, you'll be able to notice where he used to be. When I distance myself from him I don't normally see where he is, so I just assume he's diving. If you can guess where he's diving from remembering that he doesn't change directions underground. It's a straight-line dive. So try and move perpendicular to his starting point. When you no longer fear the dive, you will find the fight easy to deal with.

I hope that helps for future reference. Thanks for the post and the updates!

I actually haven't tried Meat Shield yet. I've been meaning to. I've been intending to try out a melee movement skill with Fortify and add in Meat Shield without (and then with) Feeding Frenzy to see how the zombies function.

I don't think Meat Shield would be better in Delve once you arrive at your destination and are fighting in a much more open space. I personally want my zombies running everywhere at that point. If it's the path to your destination that Feeding Frenzy is killing you on, Convocation would be great for that. The reason I don't use it is simply because adding that extra active button makes me forget all my buttons ;). Having 2 (Bone Armour and Skeletons) + Flasks is already pushing my limits :).

To me, the key to Delve is moving. Even if you don't have boots with movement speed, I find the only time I die is when I've stayed in one spot for too long. Even with my other builds, I'm constantly moving. There is just too much going on and too many enemies (and in this build's case, minions too) that prevent me from seeing all the Delve specific attacks that surprise me. I find that simply moving all the time almost always avoids that danger. It may be nauseating to watch, but it works.

Does that help at all?

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experiences and strategies with me. I do appreciate it a lot. That certainly will help. After finishing this post, I'm going to open another map with the Minotaur to practice.

Thank you also for your detailed evaluation of strategies and gem-setups in Delve. Probably Convocation on my way to the destination + keeping moving around in the arena are exactly the things I was missing. I'll give it a try :)

By the way, the Shaper was much easier than the Minotaur and the Chimera. I died twice, but that was due to my lack of experience. It was the very first time that I dared to face the Shaper. After almost one year of playing PoE. I was very proud of my witch that she achieved to kill this bad guy who had insulted her so many times. I didn't even care that all he gave me was a crappy unique that I don't need (the gloves).

To you, Wrecker_of_Days, and to all other fellow players: Have a pleasant weekend. Wrecker's guides and threads tend to be the most friendly places of this whole forum. It's really a wonderful community, based on mutual aid and respect.

PS: I just killed the Minotaur. Without even dying once. Your advices were just perfect. That#s the thing. Staying close to him, not in front of him.

Caligula_Exile
Oct 19, 2019 10:37:40 AM

Congratz Caligula_Exile!

I agree about this thread and Wrecker_of_Days work. He made this build very very nice, all mechanics were well explained.

I mix my 5-link (I know, I know, it's only 5) and replace Minion Life with Spectres, because you know - Zombies never dies :)
I'm using currently Drive Spectres but with that gems what spectres should be the best? I have 4 spectres now, should take different with that setup?

"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
Annoint Ravenous Horde.
Remove all those points to Ravenous Horde and go pick up Gravepact.
(based on not being able to have all lvl 100 points.)
IMHO.

Using ARC now also. Instead of ball lightning. Like it.
Sort of miss lighting up mobs off screen with ball lightning but for the extra shock value...like it.

That's a nice plan. I'm gonna think about it, but for now i bought Redemption. Will see how it goes.

Someone have any advice how to complete atlas? I'm new here, don't know how strategy will be work :/

stahs22
Oct 19, 2019 11:45:30 AM

"
stahs22 wrote:
Congratz Caligula_Exile!

Thank you very much :)

"
stahs22 wrote:
Someone have any advice how to complete atlas? I'm new here, don't know how strategy will be work :/

- Complete every map you have to get a higher bonus for map drops. Take care to meet the conditions given (for example: magic map, rare map, rare and corrupted map) to get the completion bonus.

- Have a look every now and then at Zana's store to see if she has any map to offer you don't already have.

- If you meet Zana on your map and she has a quest for a map you do not already have completed: Take adavantage of it and play the map for her.

- If you are in urgent need of a higher map: you can sell 3 x the same map for one map that is one tier higher.

- map bosses have a considerable chance of dropping a map. So it's a good idea not to spare out the bosses.

- last not least: There is no need to hurry. Play for fun, not under pressure. Everybody's Atlas will be reset anyhow by the end of the current league.

Caligula_Exile
Oct 19, 2019 13:15:04 PM

Ok, thank you for your quick response. I'm glad you describe it in short way :)
For example I'm struggling with something like that: 6 and 9 tier maps completed but I can't get maps between 6-9. I'm doing all steps you wrote.

Is there any problem of going ahead without those maps?
Selling 3 yellow or red maps are a good idea?

We are going offtopic now but I can share with you that today for 1st time I did uber lab and gain 90 lvl and most challenges ever with this build :)

stahs22
Oct 20, 2019 14:27:27 PM

pretty much done all I wanted with my necro in this league so been swapping around different builds for the lolz

Stress free slo-mo makes everything soooooooooooo simple it really is just a fantastic, fluid, easy to use solid concept build to complete everything

imo the 2 biggest things you can do to make life even easier as you get more currency is add minion speed everywhere you can (rings and amulet for certain) and grab some decent convoking wands

today I just dumped a few hundred chaos into making a 1k+ strength The Baron build which is frankly broken as hell as your zombies leech 2% damage to you as health so you have a constant heal as well as 2% regen from gloves and 4% from tree lol

tl;dr this build is fantastic, necro has a lot of options it seems, minion speed is GODLY!

0nyX
Oct 20, 2019 15:04:13 PM

Ended buying 3 of the T16 boss maps. Finished atlas. It. Was. A. Breeze. Died once on Minotaur and once in shaper map. First time doing those so....very reasonable.

Keeping self clicked arc and glad I switched to dual convokers.

@Onyx, we’ve had similar ideas all throughout this build. I’ve been eyeballing the strength build too. Seems like you would be near unkillable mixed with W_o_D’s build. Thinking I will start a new witch for it though. Hate to mess with my WoD build. Too OCD. And I wanna figure out the whole elder boss thing with this build.

Pip_n_Tip
Oct 20, 2019 19:23:31 PM

"
stahs22 wrote:

For example I'm struggling with something like that: 6 and 9 tier maps completed but I can't get maps between 6-9. I'm doing all steps you wrote.

Please correct me someone if I'm telling something wrong or outdated, but I think that maps can only drop once you have completed them - or if they are directly linked to the map you are playing. For example, if you play a Glacier map (Tier 5), you could find a Ghetto map (Tier 6), no matter if you have already completed Ghetto or not.

I could give you some maps Tier 5 - 9 for free, if you want (Blight league, Softcore). Just whisper me ingame if you are interested (Caligula_Exile).

"
stahs22 wrote:
Is there any problem of going ahead without those maps?

There is no problem at all with going ahead with the maps. Your witch should face no problems in maps with higher tiers. You can complete the lower tier maps later, as soon as you get them.

"
stahs22 wrote:
Selling 3 yellow or red maps are a good idea?

It depends on the situation... if you urgently need a higher tier map, it could be a solution. If you'd prefer to keep and play lower tier maps (maybe because you are farming there for something), it could be better to keep them.

"
stahs22 wrote:
We are going offtopic now but I can share with you that today for 1st time I did uber lab and gain 90 lvl and most challenges ever with this build :)

Congratulations, that must feel great to achieve new goals!

Caligula_Exile
Oct 20, 2019 21:58:42 PM
  • Prev
  • Next