Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions More Enchants should be as relevant as TS

History

"
LaurelWreaths wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
I totally disagree. In my opinion they should entirely remove those "op" enchants from them game. They already gutted Molten Strike and Barrage one, removed Baal Lightning one. I really hope they will son get rid of all those enchants that cost 50 times more than any other because how stupidly strong they are (in comparison to the rest of the enchants)

Which ball lightning did they remove? Pretty sure i had the extra proj enchant this league or last

45% reduced projectile speed.

Aynix
Aug 25, 2019 21:30:17 PM

The other consideration is that uber lab is grossly outdated but is still the primary content some players engage with.

Removing extremely expensive enchants will basically kill uber lab.

Nephalim
Aug 25, 2019 22:00:57 PM

"
Nephalim wrote:

They can add thousands and one other things in there which will let lab farmers to make money. We dont need those retarded enchants that outshine everything else.

Aynix
Aug 25, 2019 22:29:28 PM

Mandatory enchantments which are extremely gated by massive rng in a boring grindy content (lab) should just be removed all together.

I personally hate the helmet enchantment system. It makes 1 helmet piece good only for 1 skill unless it's one of the reservation auras/golem buff/bloodrage attackspeed which are stuff used across all builds.

Gloves and boot enchantments are great, they are more about playstyles/damage types/archetypes but not tied to a single skill and usually you could get one which is still useful to some degree for your build while not being the most optimal.

IIPheXII
Aug 26, 2019 00:18:19 AM

With enchantments a simple change would be give a "Pick one of three" selection, (if you have twice enchanted and/or the darkshrine it becomes 6 or 9)

Simple tweak that'd reduce so much ballache

SynixProcessing
Aug 26, 2019 03:56:22 AM

"
Nephalim wrote:
This highlights the other problem of TS needing a stupid crazy expensive enchant to be good and competitive.

Tornado Shot wuithout an echant is not competetive? since when?

problem is precisely how busted that enchant is. TS is perfectly fine without it (aka strongest bow skill, stronger than ALL melee skills, stronger than most spells even) and outrageously strong with it

there is a reason this skill is so popular - it is THE strongest bow skill (esp now after the nerf of scourge arrow+abyss jewels) with obscene coverage and ease of scaling

no wonder that enchant for the strongest skill out there is expensive. there are enchants just as strong that rarely are even kept by the runners - because the skill is simply junk

POE is binary now. it is 'good' or 'bad'. there is nothing inbetween and playerbase is polarised to the extreme. GGG worked HARD for years to reach this degenerative state and here we are. no build diversity == enchants for top dogs are extremely expensive

you can play other stuff.. but it is no auto-win so why bother

sidtherat
Aug 26, 2019 06:53:39 AM

As someone who used to be a serious lab runner, I can say that if they removed all insanely strong helm enchants from the lab but PUT THE LEAGUE MECHANIC INSIDE OF THE LAB AREAS I might go back to farming ubers.

But no matter what else changes, I can't justify running uberlabs when the league mechanics are so insanely profitable and (for reasons unclear to me) utterly absent from the lab. I stopped running labs back in Delve for this exact reason: no matter how well you're doing, if you aren't interacting with the league mechanic you are losing money.

ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate
Aug 26, 2019 10:34:45 AM

many enchants are strong.
ts needs the enchant to give plus 1 only, but make the base skill give plus proj every few levels, ending 1 higher than it is now at 20 and 2 higher at 24

Friagram
Aug 27, 2019 06:31:25 AM

"
Aynix wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

They can add thousands and one other things in there which will let lab farmers to make money. We dont need those retarded enchants that outshine everything else.

more like we need leage mechanics to stop dropping items from past leagues.

Should not get helm enchants from fossil. Make the lab altar give u choice of 1 dex 1 str and 1 int enchant like a jun unveil on use.

There is no reason betrayal should drop beast enchant items, splinters, etc. Blessings should upgrade stones.

Shouldnt get incubators to drop abyss items or breach items, etc. Lazy and stupid mech.

Friagram
Aug 27, 2019 06:39:19 AM

I agree that more enchants should be relevant, TS +2 is that good because it's a damage multiplier, and several enchants used to be good until they got the nerf hammmer, not sure how ts evaded that.

But rather than nerfing enchants, I would rather see more relevant ones changed/added.

"
Friagram wrote:

more like we need leage mechanics to stop dropping items from past leagues.

^This is pretty much the issue. And Legion took it to a whole new level. I understand having some crossover, but some form of balance is needed.

It can't be that you get more enchants by doing delve and legion than doing actual lab. Lab should be the goto place for getting enchants.

Same with everything else.

You want breaches? delve and legion give you more breachstones/hour than doing actual breaches.

Doing the content that drops it originates from should be the norm, not the exception. It was one of the issues that synthesis had. If you want maps, you do run maps, and you get more from doing maps.

For example, delve and legion have pretty much every single drop. Why can't I get sulphite from Uber lab and Breach domains? Making it this way, makes delve and legion content far more valuable than it should be. If I can get enchants from Delve and Legion, but I can't from breaches and harbingers, than Delve and Legion will be more valuable than breach and harbingers.

If I can get helm enchants from Delve and Legion, however I cant get sulphite and splinter from uber lab, then Delve and Legion are more valuable to do.

drklrd
Aug 27, 2019 08:37:33 AM
  • Prev
  • Next