Forum Index General Discussion Here is one more special notable passive skill you can get by anointing your amulet in 3.8.0

History

Neat, I like how this is inherently more useful on builds using chain and/or fork over pierce given there lower multiplier on the gems. Should be especially nice with both the new poison attack (in built chain) and lightning strike (or any skill with multiple proj inbuilt).

In my mind the best and the worst thing about this is how it competes with things like soul of steel, spiritual aid and all other notables meaning I doubt it will be an no brainier to take. Forcing choices is definitely my favourite kind of power creep... Nice one GGG

stomatopod
Aug 25, 2019 04:32:07 AM

Luckily the secondary projectiles of tornado shot won't be affected by this or it would be too insane :P

arknath
Aug 25, 2019 05:51:06 AM

Siphon wanders get your hard-ons out! :D?

zoneslash
Aug 25, 2019 06:15:12 AM

My dreams of Ethereal Knives dominance dashed once again.

Kurgosh
Aug 25, 2019 08:09:19 AM

How is this not a keystone with a downside? It's way more gameplay changing than arrow dancing or point blank

Bowspin
Aug 25, 2019 08:54:05 AM

Unless projectiles in general are taking a huge nerf next patch this will make Magma orb and TS even more stupid or am i missing something here?

mimesis82
Aug 25, 2019 09:35:26 AM

"
mimesis82 wrote:
Unless projectiles in general are taking a huge nerf next patch this will make Magma orb and TS even more stupid or am i missing something here?

For magma orb... "the orb does not interact with enemies itself, and only ever contacts the ground or walls." (PoE Wiki). So they won't return.
Also: Attack Projectiles

Mikrotherion
Aug 25, 2019 09:44:12 AM

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
mimesis82 wrote:

For magma orb... "the orb does not interact with enemies itself, and only ever contacts the ground or walls." (PoE Wiki). So they won't return.
Also: Attack Projectiles

Ah your right Sir! thanks

mimesis82
Aug 25, 2019 09:48:21 AM

Just for everyones information, we already could craft same mod on bows from Catarina 8 in the past (not sure if it still exist) and literally NO ONE used it. Its garbage.

Aynix
Aug 25, 2019 09:59:40 AM

"
Aynix wrote:
Just for everyones information, we already could craft same mod on bows from Catarina 8 in the past (not sure if it still exist) and literally NO ONE used it. Its garbage.

You have to realise at that time both fork and chain had huge damage reduction. Now however we have deadeye with support for chain and skills like elemental hit etc. Add in elder/shaper crafts and much better corrupts and you have a lot more reasons to use something like that.

Also remember that it was a craft which took up a slot on the bow. Having it on a passive is far far stronger.

PS: It was a Tora 7 craft and had "Attack Projectiles Return to You after hitting targets".

arknath
Aug 25, 2019 10:21:35 AM
  • Prev
  • Next