Forum Index Bug Reports Using 2 types of golem, they are sometimes converted to 1 type when CWDT&MS occurs

History

Hi,

I recently noticed an issue with my Necromancer.


- I have Clayshaper (main hand) in order to increase my golems limit to 2 and an active Determination Aura.
- I summon 1 stone golem and 1 chaos golem (both gems are socketed in my 4L gloves with some supports gems)
- I also use "cast when damage taken" + "molten shell" + "empower" socketed on a 3L Clayshaper


Sometimes, when CWD+MS gets active, my chaos golem is somehow replaced by a second stone golem. Sometimes nothing happens...


I will try to get some print screens to show you.
Thank you for your help.

Gaia1Helios
Aug 25, 2019 00:44:42 AM

Default situation : 1 chaos + 1 stone golem



Sometimes CWDT + MS proc and my golems are still there



Sometimes, my chaos golem is instantly converted to a second stone golem...

Gaia1Helios
Aug 25, 2019 01:26:57 AM

That’s not a bug. When you create a new golem, it replaces the oldest one. It doesn’t care which type of golem you are creating or replacing.

mark1030
Aug 25, 2019 02:19:42 AM

I feel like Clayshaper itself grants you the ability to summon level 16(?) stone golem, so I believe that because you put CWDT inside the item, the CWDT also triggers the skill provided be Clayshaper.

And as someone else said, the fresh golem with just replace the "oldest" summoned golem.

lolcaaa
Aug 25, 2019 05:52:50 AM

"
lolcaaa wrote:
I feel like Clayshaper itself grants you the ability to summon level 16(?) stone golem, so I believe that because you put CWDT inside the item, the CWDT also triggers the skill provided be Clayshaper.

And as someone else said, the fresh golem with just replace the "oldest" summoned golem.


Hi, that's interesting, I wasn't aware that CWDT was able to use a skill from an item, I'm not sure it's supposed to work that way. Indeed, Clayshaper grants me the ability to summon a level 12 Stone Golem but I use a level 20 stone golem gem socketed in my gloves.

If I can, I will try to move the CWDT gem to another object/socket to see if that solve this issue.

Thank you for this suggestion.


Edit: so maybe when CWDT proc, half of the time, MS is use and the other times, lv12 stone golem from Clayshaper is automatically used?
I will try to monitor that behavior but it's not that easy in plain battle ^^

Edit 2: Ok, I think you found the solution. When I put the CWDT inside Clayshaper, my level 12 Stone Golem skill is unusable manually. If I remove the CWDT from the weapon, I can use this skill again. I thought CWDT only worked with socketed skills, It seems to also interact with skills from items!

Gaia1Helios
Aug 25, 2019 12:12:50 PM

"
mark1030 wrote:
That’s not a bug. When you create a new golem, it replaces the oldest one. It doesn’t care which type of golem you are creating or replacing.


Hi, as I explained before, I'm not the one replacing the golem.

It seems that CWDT does this.
It's weird because my stone golem gem and my chaos golem gem are socketed in my 4L gloves but CWDT is socketed in my 3L main hand with molten shell and empower...

Gaia1Helios
Aug 25, 2019 12:16:43 PM

"
Gaia1Helios wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
That’s not a bug. When you create a new golem, it replaces the oldest one. It doesn’t care which type of golem you are creating or replacing.


Hi, as I explained before, I'm not the one replacing the golem.

It seems that CWDT does this.
It's weird because my stone golem gem and my chaos golem gem are socketed in my 4L gloves but CWDT is socketed in my 3L main hand with molten shell and empower...
I assumed you knew that when I said “you” I meant “you either directly or indirectly”. Yes, trigger gems still count as “you”. There is nothing weird about it. If the oldest golem is chaos and clayshaper makes a new golem, it wil replace the chaos with a stone.

mark1030
Aug 25, 2019 14:47:05 PM

Problem solved after moving CWDT+MS to shield sockets (and shield's gems to the main hand). I tried several hours in various situations, no more problem. I will remember that a CWDT gem must be used with caution ^^

Now working as intended (or at least as I wanted in the first place)

Thank you for your ideas and explanations.

Gaia1Helios
Aug 25, 2019 17:31:24 PM
  • 1