Forum Index General Discussion Blight: Can we branch our tree off of passives allocated by annointed items equipped?

History

I wonder how will it work with those secret ones. If we actually can see them on the tree.

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 20:03:45 PM

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Lame Lock wrote:
What got me thinking was the chosen wording. It doesn't say it grants the effect of the notables, but rather allocates it.

I'm not making the mistake of assuming anything, bit it does raise a curiosity.

I doubt being able to branch off of allocated notables will be a thing, but the wording and intent behind actually allocating the node, rather than simply granting the effect is curious to me.

See those lines connecting all the passive nodes?

Why the condescension?

Let me try. See how every single node on the tree is connected to each other with those little lines? Without assuming those lines are removed, it is, by mechanic, connected to other nodes. I can do that too.

One thing I have learned over the years with this game is that wording is everything.

Asking for clarification isn't anything worth being slightly douchy about.

Lame Lock
Aug 24, 2019 20:08:09 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
I wonder how will it work with those secret ones. If we actually can see them on the tree.

Ah yes. Good point. Well, even then I'm pretty sure it won't be allowed. Out of curiosity, can we branch out from nodes allocated via Intuitive Leap? Haven't played with that jewel in a while. Might be that the tree is coded to allow branching out only from paths that connect all the way back to our origins / starting position (with a special exception for Scion Ascendant, who can get an additional starting position).

Edit: Seems like he changed his post. Ah well. Also, apparently we can't jump with Intuitive Leap.

Exile009
Aug 24, 2019 20:08:10 PM

If nothing else "allocate" specifies that you can have that node only once and not multiple times.

Mythabril
Aug 24, 2019 20:09:30 PM

"
Lame Lock wrote:
One thing I have learned over the years with this game is that wording is everything.

*sigh* And one thing I've learned over the years on the internet in general is that people are terrible at detecting tone, and highly prone to negativity bias.

Exile009
Aug 24, 2019 20:10:56 PM

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Lame Lock wrote:

*sigh* And one thing I've learned over the years on the internet in general is that people are terrible at detecting tone, and highly prone to negativity bias.

It's the wording that determines the tone on a text based medium. Again, wording is everything.

Anyway, moving on and back on topic, I agree with others that it being phrased as allocated is probably intentional, and being used to avoid doubling up on the node.

That actually makes sense. Thank you for the insight. Time to go sleep before heading into another double shift.

Lame Lock
Aug 24, 2019 20:14:09 PM

"
Aynix wrote:

I'm hoping some of them are close enough to jewel sockets to be influence by legion jewels or reached by Intuitive Leap.

Kurgosh
Aug 24, 2019 22:06:30 PM

im pretty certain it won't actually allocate it on the tree. it'll be a hidden bonus. it won't need to highlight it as though its been taken on the tree
you already know it can't double dip because of the wording "allocated", and highlighting it may introduce problems if you did try to path through an already allocated one via the amulet

just cause you shouldn't do it doesn't mean someone won't.

and lets be frank, GGG isn't exactly the most friendly with stuff like this. its usually hidden and just whatever. so i bet a lot that it won't be visible on the tree at all

xMustard
Aug 24, 2019 22:11:31 PM

"
Lame Lock wrote:
What got me thinking was the chosen wording. It doesn't say it grants the effect of the notables, but rather allocates it.

I'm not making the mistake of assuming anything, bit it does raise a curiosity.

I doubt being able to branch off of allocated notables will be a thing, but the wording and intent behind actually allocating the node, rather than simply granting the effect is curious to me.

Allocating a passive does not mean you can path off it.

You can see this now in game with Intuitive Leap
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intuitive_Leap

Intuitive leap lets you allocate any passive you want within the jewel's radius, but you can't then continue to connect to further passives outside the jewel's radius off them.

GoldDragon32
Aug 25, 2019 03:13:31 AM

"
Exile009 wrote:
See those lines connecting all the passive nodes? Yeah, they're not gonna have any of those.

It’s hilarious that you think that comes off as anything other than condescending.

impotentwinnebago
Aug 25, 2019 04:33:49 AM
  • Prev
  • Next