Forum Index General Discussion Blight: Can we branch our tree off of passives allocated by annointed items equipped?

History

So, I got to thinking, we will now have anointed items which can allocate passive nodes from the tree. This is awesome. However, will the node be allocated, and locked, or can we branch off of the allocated passives and extend our tree from that point?

Lame Lock
Aug 24, 2019 19:43:55 PM

What happens when you take the amulet off? Your tree collapses and you wake up on the Twilight Strand again?

I am quite sure having the amulet does not pick the node and picking the node again will not give you twice the node effect.

Mythabril
Aug 24, 2019 19:48:43 PM

"
Lame Lock wrote:
So, I got to thinking, we will now have anointed items which can allocate passive nodes from the tree. This is awesome. However, will the node be allocated, and locked, or can we branch off of the allocated passives and extend our tree from that point?

No one knows for certain, but the wording of the mods says "allocates". But if we can branch out from it, I do not know. Personally? I doubt it. But who knows.

Phrazz
Aug 24, 2019 19:48:56 PM

Absolutely not going to be a thing, but it could've been interesting.

CrazylikE
Aug 24, 2019 19:51:16 PM

ya no fuckin chance. that would be ridiculously strong.

just imagine having 5 allocated via the unique set. imagine what your passive tree could be.
literally zero people would play scion. not going to happen nor should it

xMustard
Aug 24, 2019 19:56:43 PM

It would be way too powerfull if you could branch out of it. It will just give the stats the node gives, I doubt we will even see it highlated in our passive tree.

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 19:57:03 PM

What got me thinking was the chosen wording. It doesn't say it grants the effect of the notables, but rather allocates it.

I'm not making the mistake of assuming anything, bit it does raise a curiosity.

I doubt being able to branch off of allocated notables will be a thing, but the wording and intent behind actually allocating the node, rather than simply granting the effect is curious to me.

Lame Lock
Aug 24, 2019 19:58:22 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
It would be way too powerfull if you could branch out of it. It will just give the stats the node gives, I doubt we will even see it highlated in our passive tree.

It DOES say "allocates", though. I agree that branching from it would be too strong (didn't know there would be uniques with these mods on them). But I DO think it allocates the node, so you can't double up on it.

Phrazz
Aug 24, 2019 19:59:00 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
But I DO think it allocates the node, so you can't double up on it.

I did not think of it being used as a preventative function, and this makes sense, and I'd bet it is the exact reason for allocating it. Thank you for that.

Lame Lock
Aug 24, 2019 20:01:41 PM

"
Lame Lock wrote:
What got me thinking was the chosen wording. It doesn't say it grants the effect of the notables, but rather allocates it.

I'm not making the mistake of assuming anything, bit it does raise a curiosity.

I doubt being able to branch off of allocated notables will be a thing, but the wording and intent behind actually allocating the node, rather than simply granting the effect is curious to me.

Even if we assume that those notables are shown on the tree, and allocated via said items, they'll still be unconnected passives. See those lines connecting all the passive nodes? Yeah, they're not gonna have any of those. So even then there's not gonna be any chance of branching out from these nodes.

Exile009
Aug 24, 2019 20:02:30 PM
  • Next