Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions New Mechanic: Loot Pets

History

I think, with the ever increasing amount of Loot on your screen and amount of 'small' currency, that a LootPet, which could work similar to the LootFilters, would be amazing.

Espacially if you add some depth to it: Catching it yourself, Leveling it up(to expand it's filtersize/unlock features(e.g. direct storage)) or rankings of some sort. Heck, you even monetize it. Like selling Slots for them.

Would be awesome to get some feedback on this idea.

NykkzL
Aug 24, 2019 16:50:56 PM

What a great idea, and you are def the first one to come up with this.

jackof8lades
Aug 24, 2019 17:13:46 PM

it's in their chinese pay to win version of poe. the international version is not pay to win.

vio
Aug 24, 2019 17:57:19 PM

God, how do we have people requesting P2W again?

NO.

ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate
Aug 24, 2019 18:01:51 PM

"

NO.

it's all about those "why not profit from it" guys in game design raising players expectations.

imagine the arpg world if bli$$ard didn't fail with their real money auction house.

vio
Aug 24, 2019 18:45:53 PM

"
vio wrote:
"

NO.

it's all about those "why not profit from it" guys in game design raising players expectations.

imagine the arpg world if bli$$ard didn't fail with their real money auction house.

Yeah I could get the items I need to play the game instead of spending an hour messaging afk people and playing the 'which psychotic will I run into today' game of trade. Favorite part of my gaming experience that is.

Ageless_Emperion
Aug 24, 2019 19:00:50 PM

"
"
vio wrote:
"

NO.

Yeah I could get the items I need to play the game instead of spending an hour messaging afk people and playing the 'which psychotic will I run into today' game of trade. Favorite part of my gaming experience that is.

games are about not giving you the items you want so easily.

if poe enabled you to insta buy a kaom's heart for 5 dollars, what incentive is there left to play the game?

but i get that "eeeks, humans!" part. arpgs ever had a strange attraction for this human subculture which are rather good competing against badly made algorithms but horribly fails against human intelligence

vio
Aug 24, 2019 19:23:36 PM

I'd rather see less loot clutter instead, particularly making currency stack when they drop in multiples.

VolcanoElixir
Aug 24, 2019 19:26:40 PM

"
vio wrote:
"

NO.

I will never understand why so many people who quit D3 start playing POE and immediately request changes to make this game more like the one they GOT BORED OF AND LEFT.

There's some serious cognitive disconnect there I simply cannot explain.

ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate
Aug 24, 2019 19:40:34 PM

"
vio wrote:

games are about not giving you the items you want so easily.

if poe enabled you to insta buy a kaom's heart for 5 dollars, what incentive is there left to play the game?

but i get that "eeeks, humans!" part. arpgs ever had a strange attraction for this human subculture which are rather good competing against badly made algorithms but horribly fails against human intelligence

Maybe you should acquire some of that 'human intelligence' before posting your knee jerk reaction vomit to valid points made against your stale 'D3 auction house' PTSD nonsense.

Also kindly point out where I mention that I would like to buy items in the game for actual money and I've had people threaten me outside of the game before because they didn't like my trading offer so do get fucked with your 'oh your just socially inept haha' commentary.

Also games are about having fun you twat. If you want a game that denies you things because that's what gets you hard then play 'Getting over it with Bennett Foddy'.

MOREOVER AND MOST IPORTANTLY, this a thread about pets that are integrated as part of the lootfilter mechanic that is part of the game. Which is a frikin' cool idea! NOT ABOUT FUCKING AUCTION HOUSES. If you are so desperate to circle jerk your friends in an echo chamber about that topic go necro a thread about it, there are plenty, just be careful not to slip on all the filth the idiots who were there before you left caked all other constructive conversation surrounding the topic.

Ageless_Emperion
Aug 24, 2019 20:14:06 PM
  • Next