Forum Index General Discussion There are 13 notables not connected to the Passive Tree you can get with Annointment in Path of Exile: Blight. Check out one of them

History

"
Mythabril wrote:
It's "Chaos Resistance. The end result on your sheet. It's not "Chaos Resistance on Equipment", it's not "Base Chaos Resistance" and it's not "Uncapped Chaos Resistance".

think the same, so if you have -10% chaos resistance, you will have -20% with this notable

Uoykai
Aug 24, 2019 11:56:46 AM

It'd be interesting if these notables are actually on the tree, just not connected to anything. Intuitive leap, anyone?

DarkLegionary
Aug 24, 2019 12:26:54 PM

"
Uoykai wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:
It's "Chaos Resistance. The end result on your sheet. It's not "Chaos Resistance on Equipment", it's not "Base Chaos Resistance" and it's not "Uncapped Chaos Resistance".

think the same, so if you have -10% chaos resistance, you will have -20% with this notable

It means you will need to adjust for the base resistance penalty. So in endgame maps with -60 resistance penalty:

2(chaos res. +60)

Examples:

chaos res. = -60 then: 2(-60 + 60) = 0
chaos res. = -30 then: 2(-30 + 60) = 60

So yes, the more chaos resistance you have stacked the better the doubling (duh). Simple to understand.

Arrowneous
Aug 24, 2019 13:59:47 PM

It probably simply doubles the values of all your sources of chaos res.
Not charachter screen (c key in game)

kompaniet
Aug 24, 2019 14:23:26 PM

"

If that's true, then at best this notable is worth 80 chaos res I think?

...that's pretty crazy if true. At that point, that's more like a keystone than a notable.

TiamatRoar
Aug 24, 2019 15:57:02 PM

"
TiamatRoar wrote:
"

...that's pretty crazy if true. At that point, that's more like a keystone than a notable.

So you just overcapped your chaos res by 80 .. which seems very useless to me tbh.

HerrImHimmel
Aug 24, 2019 15:58:14 PM

"
HerrImHimmel wrote:
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
"

So you just overcapped your chaos res by 80 .. which seems very useless to me tbh.

No, you didnt. To cap your chaos res you need 135% chaos res on gear.

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 16:01:36 PM

True, my bad. Still, why 80?

If you dont go for +max chaos res and your max is 75, you need 135 positive chaos res on gear/tree to cap it, as Aynix stated.

That means this will give half of that at best, no? So 68 chaos res? Das good.

68 * 2 = 136

HerrImHimmel
Aug 24, 2019 16:17:16 PM

IIRC there is new jewel that gives you a keystone which gives +10% max chaos res. So that would be 73% chaos res needed. No idea why he said 80.

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 17:35:57 PM

inb4 blight has a perm -500% to chaos res debuff while encounter is active

DemigodParadox
Aug 24, 2019 18:29:51 PM
  • Prev
  • Next