Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions How to bring back fractured items from synthesis in 3.8 and beyond.

History

"
Integrated the boss fights from Synthesis into the core game.

Can the Boss drop fractured orbs that can be used on items to make them fractured?

If I have a magic items with let's say "+1 socketed gems" and then use the fractured orb on it, then "+1 socketed gems" becomes fractured.

The orb can make a fractured item with up to 3 fractured mods based on rng like vorici white sockets.

And/OR via syndicate.

Add fractured mods in the syndicate reward pool, where similar to Vorici and Aisling where they add white sockets and veiled mods, make it so that they convert an item to fractured base

OR

Convert a rare item to synthesized base with random implicits via syndicate rewards.

drklrd
Aug 24, 2019 02:18:13 AM

"
drklrd wrote:
"
Integrated the boss fights from Synthesis into the core game.

Can the Boss drop fractured orbs that can be used on items to make them fractured?

If I have a magic items with let's say "+1 socketed gems" and then use the fractured orb on it, then "+1 socketed gems" becomes fractured.

The orb can make a fractured item with up to 3 fractured mods based on rng like vorici white sockets.

And/OR via syndicate.

Add fractured mods in the syndicate reward pool, where similar to Vorici and Aisling where they add white sockets and veiled mods, make it so that they convert an item to fractured base

OR

Convert a rare item to synthesized base with random implicits via syndicate rewards.

I like the idea about the fractured orbs. Though instead of turning already present mods into fractured ones... how about being applicable for white bases only?

This way we can have single, double and tripple fractured orbs and roll mods on ilvl 86 bases, limiting the amount of tedious farming for no reason while allowing the drops to be meaningful from bosses.

Also it would cause the mechanic to be implemented in a way which won't be as bothersome to store items in general. Far more efficient and you can keep the orbs instead of the items until you deem having enough for a personal crafting-session.

Kulze
Aug 24, 2019 20:21:44 PM

It's a good idea OP, but I would add the caveat that this orb has to be used on rare items. It's far too easy to get a single desirable mod on any magic base, forcing people to annul down their rares seems better to me from a balance perspective.

ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate
Aug 24, 2019 20:24:07 PM

"
It's a good idea OP, but I would add the caveat that this orb has to be used on rare items. It's far too easy to get a single desirable mod on any magic base, forcing people to annul down their rares seems better to me from a balance perspective.

Indeed. This is especially problematic when you consider Beast Crafting and Imprinting Magic Items. There's already a fucking mess in STD with that shit as it is. People are basically printing some of the best bases over and over with Beast Crafting.

Demonoz
Aug 24, 2019 21:23:18 PM

"
Kulze wrote:

I like the idea about the fractured orbs. Though instead of turning already present mods into fractured ones... how about being applicable for white bases only?

This way we can have single, double and tripple fractured orbs and roll mods on ilvl 86 bases, limiting the amount of tedious farming for no reason while allowing the drops to be meaningful from bosses.

This could be ok. Having something similar to orb of binding
"Upgrades a normal item to a rare item with up to three fractured mods"

Maybe even make it so that fractured items can be sold for "fractured shards".

"

This is sound. My idea for this suggestion is to basically avoid having too many items, and for the drop to be more meaningful.

drklrd
Aug 25, 2019 08:34:23 AM